2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,514 posts in this topic

Hey guys, not sure if anyone has anyone has a new style WR headlight sitting around but if ya do..and wanna sell it :ride: let me know!

The stock graphics on my 08 WR450F were getting very shabby. I asked around and found Podium Graphix which is only an hour away from me.

I had them do a custom set for me...

DSC0008-L.jpg

wr08-2-L.jpg

I then took it out and got it a little dirty...

wr08-L.jpg

Got to go and wash the bike now.

Later...

hey people since yamahasocal posted looking for something i'm looking for stock seat foam or the whole seat for my 07! :ride:

Better watch it guys I got my wrist slapped for wanting a heat shield. Just sayin.

Better watch it guys I got my wrist slapped for wanting a heat shield. Just sayin.

haha... yeah i did too back in like 07, ain't this a place to help a brother out though?

PS: i rode mine today but just up and down the street again and then washed it and cleaned the air filter, actual riding on Sunday! :ride:

I wrapped the head pipes on the WR, YZ, and...umm...the KX. We're doing some trail riding and some technical single track tomorrow. We'll see if it keeps the exhaust heat off the radiators a little.

I finished doing my 2007 WR450f in white with new graphics and a dual sport kit.

IMG_3082.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

Looks awesome! Dumb question, what is E4:5?

Looks awesome! Dumb question, what is E4:5?

That's easy: "The fool foldeth his hands together, and eateth his own flesh." (KJV)

I wrapped the head pipes on the WR, YZ, and...umm...the KX. We're doing some trail riding and some technical single track tomorrow. We'll see if it keeps the exhaust heat off the radiators a little.
Why not just put heat tape on the bottom of the radiator? :lol: I did and it seems to work well. :ride:

Completed my DIY AIS removal and snorkel removal.

In addition to the other "free mods", the dealer had already plugged the AIS with ball bearings, but I wanted it off completely. It was a very easy process, don't know why I waited so long and I'm glad I didn't spend the $50 on the GYTR kit. I drove the cap from an old sharpie pen into the airbox tube, filled the 90* fitting on the intake side of the head with JB Weld, and drove a used/cleaned .357 magnum casing in the 90* fitting on the exhaust side of the head.

i followed a free styler around and got in some good air time... messed up my ankle, cracked my EVS knee guard and scraped up my elbow pretty bad (left my elbow guards in the truck :lol: ) The jump wasn't anything big just really tall step up that had a vertical lip and i hit it too fast so when it tossed me i endo'd instead of landing perfect. landed on the front tire and laid it over to the left :ride:

Did your WR stall out in the water? Mine has.
If you haven't already you need to re-route the carb vent hoses to the top of your airbox.

If you haven't already you need to re-route the carb vent hoses to the top of your airbox.

Understand, but I see his hanging down.

Understand, but I see his hanging down.

I think you only have to put 2 of them into the airbox, the rest of them can stay down as original.

Another subject: The police want's me to reduce the sound from my bike. Do you know how to put wool into the exhaust?

(any video / pictures available on the internet?)

I think you only have to put 2 of them into the airbox, the rest of them can stay down as original.
Correct. Only the 2 that criss-cross over the top of the carb.

Another subject: The police want's me to reduce the sound from my bike. Do you know how to put wool into the exhaust?

(any video / pictures available on the internet?)

drill out the rivets on your end cap. pop cap off, pack with wool, let the sparks start flying