2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,514 posts in this topic

In Yellowknife, and yea. insurance is the big thing. Street legal or offroad legal is still allowed on the roads in NWT. love it.

Spent the summer when I was 18 working in Fort Rae. Yellowknife was the weekend mission for partying :)

Spent the summer when I was 18 working in Fort Rae. Yellowknife was the weekend mission for partying :)

How many year ago (ish) might that have been tribal? I don't mean to show you long in tooth, just curious. it's changed a lot is some ways... not much in others. Gold Range and Raven and Harleys are all still alive and well, as is the Monkey tree.

How many year ago (ish) might that have been tribal? I don't mean to show you long in tooth, just curious. it's changed a lot is some ways... not much in others. Gold Range and Raven and Harleys are all still alive and well, as is the Monkey tree.

Mid 80's.

Man I'm old :)

washed it and rode it for probably the last time... now to see what happens in the morning, if it's sold Project 99 is underway!

PS: damn that 07 still scares me...lol

waved as it rode away in the bed of someone elses truck... :) now to see about fixing up the 99... only got about $500 to work with so i don't think i can get close to the way i pictured it for now:thumbsdn:

waved as it rode away in the bed of someone elses truck... :) now to see about fixing up the 99... only got about $500 to work with so i don't think i can get close to the way i pictured it for now:thumbsdn:

A little at a time, man. A little at a time. I just tinker with anywhere between 50 and 200 dollars a month. 1, 2, or 3 parts at a time. Good thing is that when you're all done, you're able to pinpoint anything that might be giving you issues... as opposed to not knowing which of the 1500 dollars worth of parts and 2 weeks of off and on wrench love isn't quite panning out. Be patient. Mine's been well worth it so far.

A little at a time, man. A little at a time. I just tinker with anywhere between 50 and 200 dollars a month. 1, 2, or 3 parts at a time. Good thing is that when you're all done, you're able to pinpoint anything that might be giving you issues... as opposed to not knowing which of the 1500 dollars worth of parts and 2 weeks of off and on wrench love isn't quite panning out. Be patient. Mine's been well worth it so far.

yeah i've already ordered the visable parts bad on it (fork seals, dust seals and bushings) clutch and throttle cables, throttle tube, grips and levers. i'm still contemplating powder coat since the frames rusty but if i go black i want black wheels and then i'd have to buy new spokes and get them laced whick is gonna be way to much for me right now.

haha forgot to post this last weekend but i had a pretty good spill thanks to my buddy cutting me off and stopping.

enjoy:p -Wes

Changed the oil and filters, cleaned the air filter lubed the chain and cleaned it in preparation of our 70 mile loop by Bear Lake in Northern Utah and South East Idaho. Stops along the way will be the Pat's Hollow Transport plane crash where 37 troops were killed when the plane crashed during the Korean War. We will also stop at the Paris Ice Caves and Minnetonka Caves.

Rode for three hours. Bottomed the forks three times (nose landings). Arms are like concrete. Cleaned the bike and pulled the forks off immediatly. Don't know where they are going yet, but they are going out for a massage.

Changed the oil and filters, cleaned the air filter lubed the chain and cleaned it in preparation of our 70 mile loop by Bear Lake in Northern Utah and South East Idaho. Stops along the way will be the Pat's Hollow Transport plane crash where 37 troops were killed when the plane crashed during the Korean War. We will also stop at the Paris Ice Caves and Minnetonka Caves.

Be sure to post pics of the ride when you get back. Always nice to see what other people ride, and where.

Rode for three hours. Bottomed the forks three times (nose landings). Arms are like concrete. Cleaned the bike and pulled the forks off immediatly. Don't know where they are going yet, but they are going out for a massage.

What the hell.. That sucks.. Didn't you just get them done??

I installed an HID kit into my stock headlight. Much better than stock..

What the hell.. That sucks.. Didn't you just get them done??

I installed an HID kit into my stock headlight. Much better than stock..

Sort of. Just had AS Racing smooth out the transition. It's still way off.

I'm a big guy, and I was riding in really old terrain, with lots of surprises and dirt that's all the same color, so you can't even see the drop-aways until you are on top of them......one section goes down hill steeply for about 6 miles, has 10 or 12 rainwater divert-er 'jumps', and some with whoops on the back side of them. Makes for interesting body english.....

Here's a typical trail I ride, but going uphill. Different bike. You can tell how the bars go up in your face, that it gets rough....

http://www.youtube.com/user/msgtretired00ron#p/c/A8E9880D5D483ED8/19/FYaREG3itvE

Edited by Krannie

Well, I brought mine home!

I picked up a leftover 09 450 brand new, for a give-away price, and I even got the dealership to street title it from the get-go. I've never had a brand-new dirt bike before. its nice not having to fight with mangled nuts and bolts all over the place, haha!

I brought her home, then promptly stripped her down. I did all the uncorking/free mods, and ordered up some Devol radiator frames, a Flatland skidplate, some beefy Cycra CRM's and an Applied AIS delete kit.

I've got the bike all ripped apart now, regreasing everything Yamaha should have. its crazy how dry all the main bearings and bushings were!

I don't even have 1 mile on the bike yet.. I wanted to get all the EPA crap off the bike, so it would run right, straight from day one.

Sort of. Just had AS Racing smooth out the transition. It's still way off.

I'm a big guy, and I was riding in really old terrain, with lots of surprises and dirt that's all the same color, so you can't even see the drop-aways until you are on top of them......one section goes down hill steeply for about 6 miles, has 10 or 12 rainwater divert-er 'jumps', and some with whoops on the back side of them. Makes for interesting body english.....

Here's a typical trail I ride, but going uphill. Different bike. You can tell how the bars go up in your face, that it gets rough....

http://www.youtube.com/user/msgtretired00ron#p/c/A8E9880D5D483ED8/19/FYaREG3itvE

Where is your camera mounted? Either you're short, or its a lens thing because it looks like you almost hiding behind the trail computer :)