What did you do to your WR today?

To pay off our street bikes (so we can sell them too), I sold it today. Not happy. Pretty damned upset. I'm going to slowly save for another. Maybe a 2012.

I took her for one last 25 mile ride today, and found more trails to explore. Now I have no pony to ride. I even sold my mountain bike.

I can't get a single bite on my street bike even though it's priced fair. My wife's Ninja sold itself basically. Found a buyer flexible enough to wait for the title after we submitted pay-off.

Last rides on the jet skiis this week before they get stowed for the winter.

boo on the bikeless part.

:smashpc: on saving for a 2012. GL

Installed the Dubach Racing remote hot start. Don't have a ride on it yet. Have one ride on the newly installed Hot Cams exhaust cam with auto decompression. That is nice, no decomp lever to fool with but I sometimes have to give it more kicks than I used to.

....stared at my forkless, spotless, new plastics 450 and sighed.................

WR 250 X taking the high road home from Black Bear Pass in Colorado... Slicks and snow are rough.

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

Snapshot2011-09-2521-11-37.jpg

Installed the Dubach Racing remote hot start. Don't have a ride on it yet. Have one ride on the newly installed Hot Cams exhaust cam with auto decompression. That is nice, no decomp lever to fool with but I sometimes have to give it more kicks than I used to.
Make sure to find top dead center, then let the kick-starter come all the way back up and give it a full kick. My son tries to start my bike with short quick kicks like he does on his 250. I just look and him and shake my head cuz he wont listen. :smashpc:
Make sure to find top dead center, then let the kick-starter come all the way back up and give it a full kick. My son tries to start my bike with short quick kicks like he does on his 250. I just look and him and shake my head cuz he wont listen. :smashpc:

I try..... Sometimes once it gets over TDC it runs a bit but I bring the kick lever back up to the top. It'll just take a bit to get used to it. It sure is a lot better than it shutting off to an abrupt stop and then I would whack the jewels on the tank!

Broke down and ordered RaceTech springs, a Type 1 Gold valve assembly, and fork covers. It also comes with some stickers and a list of Utah divorce attorneys. My wife is going to kill me.

So now, my WR may behave a little more like a YZ in the desert.

Rode with the Pro-Action fork valve and shim upgrade.

SAAAAHWWEET!

Edited by Krannie

Had my racer neighbor ride the WR with the Pro Action fork work, to see if there was any 'placebo' effect.

He loved it.

He had ridden '03 WR that had the SP work done twice, and my other '07 that had the SP work done. He didn't like the SP results either.

So, I'm diggin these results, and have ordered the rear parts to do the rear shock treatment....:smashpc:

put mine on the truck today to make its long journey home to Australia from Virginia...:smashpc:

Fully pulled apart/cleaned/regreased the swingarm linkages

Cleaned/serviced clutch lever and line.

Oh and readjusted the barkbusters after hitting the deck pretty hard last week (im not limping any more! YAY!:thumbsup:)

I sold my 06 WR. I will miss her but at the same time I'm looking forward to moving to the two stroke side. Trying to stay with Yamaha but a CR has my eye.

Found a broken carb boot strap had let dirt in my motor for about 5 hours or rinding. Damn..........

:foul:Dropped my bike off the side of the trailer and drug it for about 50 feet. I was pulling into a gas station and heard a strange grinding noise, looked behind me to see the bike half on and half off the trailer, dragging the right side of the handlebar along on the pavement.:thumbsup:

:foul:Dropped my bike off the side of the trailer and drug it for about 50 feet. I was pulling into a gas station and heard a strange grinding noise, looked behind me to see the bike half on and half off the trailer, dragging the right side of the handlebar along on the pavement.:thumbsup:
Sonofa!!! Talk about one of my big fears, I've been hauling stuff for years but for some reason my bikes (Street or dirt) worry me when they're on a trailer. Other than adjusting the length of your bars any other considerable damage?
Sonofa!!! Talk about one of my big fears, I've been hauling stuff for years but for some reason my bikes (Street or dirt) worry me when they're on a trailer. Other than adjusting the length of your bars any other considerable damage?

Not really. Aside from a shredded grip, the only real casualty is the decompression lever. The bars actually seem ok, although they got a pretty good grinding on the very end. I don't know why I said the right side before, because it fell over on the left side. The clutch lever got a little scratched up, but it is still ok.

Took my 09 450 racing today, came away with first in class, and the overall, too. I had a good day :thumbsup:

Not really. Aside from a shredded grip, the only real casualty is the decompression lever. The bars actually seem ok, although they got a pretty good grinding on the very end. I don't know why I said the right side before, because it fell over on the left side. The clutch lever got a little scratched up, but it is still ok.

I just took the decompression lever and cable off my 2002 WR426 as I installed the Hot Cams exhaust cam with auto-decompression. What year and model is your bike? You can have my parts if they fit.