What did you do to your WR today?

Took mine out for the first really gnarly greasy singletrack ride all year. The WR's been retired to more dual sport type riding and I've been racing and riding the 2 stroke all season. It's in piece right now so I a forced to ride the WR....

I was actually quite impressd with how she did. Really good on the traction and not lighting up the rear tire, not so great on holding a fine line. She went for a few good tumbles down some gnarly rock slabs :busted:

Fun was had by all :busted:

I bought a YZ250 a month or two ago, and I haven't really been on my WR400 since. I mostly loaned it to friends to ride, and let it sit in my garage.

Today was the first day in a long time where I was taking a trail ride that wasn't dedicated to checking the jetting or shaking down some ones bike, so I decided to hop on the WR400 to see what I had been missing.

Holy hot shit! I forgot why I liked this bike so friggen much! It's A-mazing on the trails! I forgot that the suspension reubild from pro-motion made this thing a friggen dream in the gnarly stuff, and the ability to carry the front from any RPM makes it a forgiving trail machine! WOOHOO!

I am noticing a lot of piston slap though. Time for a new piston... scary! I've yet to do any engine work like this, so here goes nothing.

got brand new oem style graphics from factory fx's black friday deal. delivered today along with swing arm graffic and clear upper fork protectors! :lol:

just need a clean set of plastics to put them on now

Finally replaced the stock battery. I got a Shorai replacement. When the guy at the shop handed me the box, I asked him if there was anything in it! Shorais are LIGHT.

picked her up from the port in Sydney Australia after her 8 week journey from Fredericksburg Virginia!

picked her up from the port in Sydney Australia after her 8 week journey from Fredericksburg Virginia!

Nice, is it cheaper to have it shipped? Was does shipping to Australia run for a motorcycle?

I installed my new Pro Taper SE handlebars and pillow top grips.

Went riding in Cal City. :bonk:

I lOoked at my bike tarped up in the back yard in a half foot of snow, wishing I could ride it..

I installed my new Pro Taper SE handlebars and pillow top grips.

which bars did you go with?

I just got a dust cover for the air filter and put it on my Wr. Rainning season is almost over here in Saigon. The trail become very dusty.

Back half rebuild in progress. Cleaning and packing bearings, the swingarm bearings had rough spots so the Pivot Works kit will go in tomorrow. I don't think the poor thing had ever been greased. But the rear wheel bearings are nearly new so that's a plus! Also going to rework some added in wiring and add some hose to the carb vents to help with the choking out in water problem, it's supposed to rain all week so when I ride next weekend I want to be prepared to cross some water.

Saturday, I pulled the main jet and the pilot jet out for a look see. The PJ was a bit clogged. Cleaned it up and the run on Sunday seemed much better.

Installed FMF Power Core 4.1 Titanium and Power Bomb Header:cheers:, sounds good can't to take it for a spin weather sucks today:cry:.

Was a great buy for $180 on Ebay:thumbsup:.

Hi there - decided to upgrade from stock WR to YZ rear mudguard.

Added LED tail/brake light - all done in an hour - taller, sleeker sweeter !! :bonk:

IMAG0363-1.jpg

IMAG0366-1.jpg

IMAG0364-1.jpg

IMAG0365-1.jpg

Whaddya think ??

Edited by Bazzaboy7
Incorrect link added

Nice work. I definitely like the looks of the YZ fender better.

Nice work. I definitely like the looks of the YZ fender better.

Cheers - me too :bonk:

Hi there - decided to upgrade from stock WR to YZ rear mudguard.

Added LED tail/brake light - all done in an hour - taller, sleeker sweeter !! :bonk:

Looks awesome!

What tail/brake light did you use? Was it a kit? Got any pics from the rear?

Looks awesome!

What tail/brake light did you use? Was it a kit? Got any pics from the rear?

Thanks a lot - I didn't have any - but here are a few for you :bonk:

DSCF6291.jpg

DSCF6299.jpg

DSCF6300.jpg

DSCF6302.jpg

DSCF6303.jpg

DSCF6304.jpg

I bought the parts separately from Ebay

UFO WR/YZ rear mudguard UFO code: YA02897089 @ £26.00 GBP

VISION MX RFX LED tail light @ £19.39 GBP

A few plastic bumper-trim clips and that's it.

Glad U like it :smirk:

Wow that does look really good. So I see you do not have any blinkers. Don't you need them in the UK to make your bike street legal? If you decide to put some on look at the ones on this web site(sicassracing.com) they have some blinkers that are really sick. I switched to them in 2008 and have never broke one yet and tons of people on here have done the same. I am sure if you do put blinkers on then you could probably find someone in the UK selling something similar.

Really nice work though. It is like getting a new bike all over again.