FMF Q4 slip on exhaust

AIS removal kit

Cycra Probend Handgaurds

Radiator Gaurds

Oil Filter

Spare Plug

Rear brake master cylinder gaurd

Adjustable fuel screw

All to go on my new 2011 WR450F that I will be picking up on Friday.

I put a brake snake on my pedal so that doesnt happen. This may scare me enough to try to fabricate a brake pedal stop like the Endurocross bikes are using now. Basically it is a poly or aluminum block that fits into the swingarm pivot recess in the frame. Most that I have seen are using a handguard bar end lock to hold this block into the hollow end of the swingarm pivot bolt.

I might just have to look into that myself. Thanks for the heads up.:smirk:

I might just have to look into that myself. Thanks for the heads up.:smirk:

No sweat! I found a pic from Zip Ty Racing on a husky. Looks like they offer them for a few applications, and it might not be worth building my own since they don't cost all that much. I wonder how tough this would be to adapt to a Yamaha or other bikes....

http://ziptyracing.com/products/product_detail.aspx?id=MTc5NA==

bs-h2%20w.jpg

1 person likes this

I got bored and unlaced my spare wheels. I am going to make a 420mm front / 17" rear supermoto wheel set out of them. My plan for my '06 WR 508 is to retire it to an easy life on the street with a few scattered dual-sport bashings for good measure.

381645_264821840243627_189741117751700_719987_7836104_n.jpg

I'm already geared up to lace and true a bunch of rims so if any of you guys need some rim work, i'll hook you up big time!

No sweat! I found a pic from Zip Ty Racing on a husky. Looks like they offer them for a few applications, and it might not be worth building my own since they don't cost all that much. I wonder how tough this would be to adapt to a Yamaha or other bikes....

http://ziptyracing.com/products/product_detail.aspx?id=MTc5NA==

Thanks for posting the pic and link. That would have definately saved my master cylinder.

It looks like it might be fun to try to make one of those. For me, it would be a simple four step process:

1- Fab the part.

2- Realize I screwed it up and throw it away.

3- Order a zipty unit online.

4- Install it on my bike.

And viola! I have the satisfaction of doing the whole thing myself!!:smirk:

1 person likes this

Thanks for posting the pic and link. That would have definately saved my master cylinder.

It looks like it might be fun to try to make one of those. For me, it would be a simple four step process:

1- Fab the part.

2- Realize I screwed it up and throw it away.

3- Order a zipty unit online.

4- Install it on my bike.

And viola! I have the satisfaction of doing the whole thing myself!!:smirk:

LOL, I've used that process!

started the tear down......

IMG276.jpg

replacing all the chasis bearings, orderd my Scotts Damper and t/c. In a

couple weeks I got order fork springs and send out the suspension for service. It took me and a buddy almost 2 hours to get the top race out

of the steering bearing.....not looking forward to removing the swing arm bearings.

Loader her onto the van, only to then be told, change of plan, we're going to be meeting at your place to ride locally.......

I wish these god dam KTM riders would make there F##king minds up.

5f794940.jpg

Bit of annual maintenance for my 04 model 450.

Forks and shock offsite for rebuild, valving mods and beefier springs.

@ still2smokin - i know what u mean those races can be a royal pita.

Good times

Loader her onto the van, only to then be told, change of plan, we're going to be meeting at your place to ride locally.......

I wish these god dam KTM riders would make there F##king minds up.

:smirk: I think all that orange messes with their minds !!!! :bonk:

Took my 2011 WR450F I purchased on Friday out for her break in ride. My boy took a couple of pictures while it sat on the trailer. Nothing like a good old fashion Washington mud bath for a break in rider.

DSCN4363.jpgDSCN4373.jpg:smirk:

:lol: I think all that orange messes with their minds !!!! :smirk:
My buddy replace all his plastics with blue on his 525. I think he missed ridding a yamaha :bonk:

DSCN4378.jpg

Me and the boys got in a few parts today. Looks like we have some work to do while it is supposed to be raining and snowing.

1 person likes this

Started the tear down to grease up the bearings and add on the new parts. Cant wait to see how she goes. The first 25 miles stock of course were not to impressive.

DSCN4380.jpg

Updated my tired old wheels - when I bought the bike last year the previous owner had left them in a shocking state :lol:

DSCF6261.jpg

DSCF6260-1.jpg

A lot of elbow grease and preparation and I think they look 100% better :lol:

IMAG0373.jpg

IMAG0371.jpg

:smirk::lol: :lol: :lol::banghead::smirk::bonk: