What did you do to your WR today?

picked up my reworked suspesion :lol::smirk::lol: cant put it together tonite tho :bonk:

IMG450.jpgIMG448.jpg

Rode it in the snow and ice without much luck

I WASHED HER TODAY AFTER A NICE LITTLE ROCK QUARRY RIDE NEAR MY HOUSE. 30 mph winds 40F fun!

1024x1024-2046683.jpg

1024x1024-2046684.jpg

1024x1024-2046685.jpg

1024x1024-2046686.jpg

2011 wr450fa

Factory Connection Suspension

megabomb 4.1 stainless steel system

K&N X stream

boyeseen quickshot 3 with adjustable leak jet

zipty fuel mixture screw

scary fast power now/power now plus system

JD jetting

sea level 60 degrees F

Main - #170

Pilot - #48

RED Needle - 3rd Clip

Fuel Screw - 1 3/4 turns out

AP timing 1/2 turn in from stock

merge racing ap spring

hinson billet clutch basket/pressure plate/springs/rings

waterproof grey wire switch turned off

AIS removed/yz stop

ais air jet #110 not installed

How do you get it to wheelie so easy??

How do you get it to wheelie so easy??

that fmf powerbomb creates alot of low end torque. just put it in 2nd or 3rd, or even 4th and crack the throttle, shell come right up

getting closer...... :bonk::lol: :lol: just waiting on $$$ for power bomb, JD jet and accel pump.

IMG491.jpg

so far new, wheel bearings F&R, swing arm bearings, linkage bearings, shock bearings, steering bearings,pro-taper pastrana bars, scotts damper and T/C kit,

pro-taper grips, skid plate, shock sox, spark plug, converted to rotella w a K&N filterand oil change, checked valves ( right in the middle ) , trail tech vapor unit , hot start nut, hot start plunger, fork guards, full bushing+seals+oil change+racetech respring on F & R boingers, seat cover, air box mod.

.............and now I am now out of cash :lol: .

Edited by still2smokin

getting closer...... :bonk::lol: :lol: just waiting on $$$ for power bomb, JD jet and accel pump.

so far new, wheel bearings F&R, swing arm bearings, linkage bearings, shock bearings, steering bearings,pro-taper pastrana bars, scotts damper and T/C kit,

pro-taper grips, skid plate, shock sox, spark plug, converted to rotella w a K&N filterand oil change, checked valves ( right in the middle ) , trail tech vapor unit , hot start nut, hot start plunger, fork guards, full bushing+seals+oil change+racetech respring on F & R boingers, seat cover, air box mod.

.............and now I am now out of cash :lol: .

WOW - looks like you've been busy - I'm sure all that investment will be worth it once it's ready to ride.

Look forward to seeing the finished bike.

I am so sorry for your loss! Of money that is. It is gotta hurt to have done all of that and still have to look at it in pieces. I know it is going to be worth the wait.

yeah I am gonna miss all that $$$$ ........NOT!!!! :bonk: Money well spent in my book . Its not to bad to wait

another few paychecks because I know it will ride like new if not better and should have a crap load

more power :lol: .

Installed new steering head & front wheel bearings. New brake pads as well.

Edited by 1tuffhombre

Today I clicked down the suspension and took her to the TRACK!!!

My 2002 426-plated.

IMG_20120302_134616.jpg

IMG_20120302_134450.jpg

IMG_20120302_134522.jpg

New vee rubber trials tire with new rim and spokes.

picked up my reworked suspesion :lol: :lol: :lol: cant put it together tonite tho :bonk:

IMG448.jpg

your so excited you got your pants off?

Cool stuff riding through the snow, but... the music has gotta go!

Went for a long ride yesterday and ended up coming home in the dark. During my ride, the plate light went out, so I installed a new LED plate light instead of the regular type (non LED) that kept going out due to vibrations. First one I got at autozone, this one I got here :http://www.cyclegear...ight/web1006860

It only had sticky tape for mounting and I didnt want to ever have to worry about this issue again, so I may have gone overboard for such a small item, but It's definately not going to fall off or go out on me again. I managed to drill a hole through it and mounted it to the old one's bracket with a screw. The bracket is then screwed to the fender. If the glued screws fail, the zip tie should keep it in place.

'yes osifer, i got a plate light' :bonk:

Pic of dirty fender with new light:

P3070591-1.jpg

Edited by Sj1

Super nice job on the white out. I have a 2007 WR that is all white also. Love the look. What did you do to your head light shell? Is that paint? Also to the air box cover - how did you get that white?

35arrl5.jpg254zwvl.jpgamzm2t.jpg

1024x1024-2055989.jpg

1024x1024-2055988.jpg

1024x1024-2055987.jpg

Completed OPERATION WHITE OUT!

Custom made light, airbox, and swingarm graphics

Edited by matthewbosworth

How did you make the home made white graphics? I would love to do that also. Where did you get the material? It looks non home made quality.

How did you make the home made white graphics? I would love to do that also. Where did you get the material? It looks non home made quality.

I took some printer paper, taped it very tight and flat to the area's i wanted to cover, then i took a pencil and shaded

around the edges to see where i needed to cut the shapes.

The pencil should leave a much darker shade or even a line down where youll want to cut

I then cut out the printer paper with scissors, layed it back on the part i wanted to cover and trimmed a little bit to make it fit properly.

I took that paper shape and taped it to a universal number plate background and cut out the graphic with an exacto knife on a work table for more rounded edges

(scissors would also work fine though). http://www.motorcycl...WT.ac=SLIsearch

simple as that, just takes time and patience, Be forwarned that you will most definitely be crumpling up paper and throwing it at your bike...

For the swingarm I had to use a larger piece of paper i found laying around...

Also, after you have created one blank and cut out a graphic for one side of the bike, just flip it over and lay it down on the graphic for a mirror image of the other side.

(wont work for the airbox though, as both sides are different)

Edited by matthewbosworth