What did you do to your WR today?

How about a pic of what my WR did to me today?

h7N3u.jpg

I was coasting down this really steep/rocky mountain trail riding the brakes when my front tire got crossed up when it bounced into a rut. It threw me off the bike and I guess my palm landed on a fairly sharp rock as I caught myself; all of a sudden my hand's super warm, I look down and it's just spewing blood everywhere -- not only blub-blubbing out because I hit something major, but also spraying due to the fact I managed to sever an artery as well. Also got a few tendons! Sick.

I honestly didn't think I'd make it back out of the desert at the rate it was bleeding. I had about a half mile to walk before I was back at a main road. Luckily though I'm healthy and it coagulated really quickly. It was weird, even the blood coming off me was thickening and by the time I got picked up there were two huge drops hanging off the side of my palm like icicles.

And hand injuries are the absolute worst, let me tell you. There are so many nerve endings and all kinds of sensitive things in there that this has been some of the worst pain of my life... and I've done some serious harm to my body before this. I was getting Dilaudid IV'd as often as they could give it to me while in the hospital.

Pretty shitty overall.

0/10

Edited by dR0

WOWow that is nasty! I ride with a medkit that includes Quickclot. you might invest in some for those killer rocks down there! glad to see you made it out

WOWow that is nasty! I ride with a medkit that includes Quickclot. you might invest in some for those killer rocks down there! glad to see you made it out

Boy I never road with a medical kit until I started riding with my boys. Since then I have always had one. Gotta be the responsible dad and it seems to have taught the boys to do the same. When they go for a ride with out me the first aid kit is just as much a part of the ride as tools and water. I do not have Quickclot in my pack but I think I am going to get it now.

WOW I woulda freaked, I saw a guy on YouTube that broke his finger clean off when he fell on rocks. I'll put the link

I added a seat pad and some luggage today.

The KLR owner in me decided to keep things on the cheap with the Walmart ATV seat pad and Mad Dog ATV tank panniers to use as saddle bags. They are attached to each other with heavy duty Velcro so everything is very secure.

DSCN2065_800.jpg

The Moose Racing rear fender bag has been kicking around my garage for several months.

DSCN2066_800.jpg

DSCN2069_800.jpg

The Moose Racing rear fender bag has been kicking around my garage for several months.

DSCN2066_800.jpg

:banghead: please take that stuff off that beautiful bike :thumbsup:

if you need saddle bags, get Giant Loop... only ones worth the money IMO

DSCN2066_800.jpg

:banghead: please take that stuff off that beautiful bike :thumbsup:

if you need saddle bags, get Giant Loop... only ones worth the money IMO

You're just jealous :applause:

Found a crack in my stock rim, but that was just the straw that broke the camels back. My rim was bent to hell and needed replacing anyway. I laced a Warp 9 rim with new stock spokes to my stock hub and threw a Perelli MT43 trials tire on it. Never used a trials tire before, but have heard great things about this trials hybrid tire for gnarly trail use. Can't wait to try it out.

5388d671.jpg

75877c67.jpg

607ae873.jpg

You're just jealous :banghead:

No one is jealous besides my grandma :thumbsup:

No one is jealous besides my grandma :banghead:

It's certainly not for little kids. My elderly butt loves that stupid looking seat cover though.

Yesterday I ordered a Trail Tech Vapor computer and today a set of Pirelli XCMH tires.

Edited by Alpha One Nine

It's certainly not for little kids. My elderly butt loves that stupid looking seat cover though.

Yesterday I ordered a Trail Tech Vapor computer and today a set of Pirelli XCMH tires.

ah

Yeah, I have that same seat cover on my quad.. Just cant bring myself to put it on my WR though :banghead:.

I attached an F350 and 10 foot camper to it.

DSCN2096%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2092%20(Medium).JPG

Edited by Alpha One Nine

Dang u have the complete set up

500 for the bike

700 for parts.

Bad deal.?

I attached an F350 and 10 foot camper to it.

Now there's a man who's got things in the proper perspective!!!

WOW supposed to go ride tomarrow but ran out of oil to fill my last fork. Why!!!!!!! Hopefully can pic some up early intime

Got finished up with the dual sport conversion,added a fender bag and have a Rekluse EXP 2.0 ready to go in and in the morning it goes in for inspection and maybe a plate in the afternoon.

IMG_20120511_194059.jpg

Graphics kit and operation hide-tools. Got tired of the dang fender packs on there.. plus I want a fender rack for my chainsaw

These fit nicely under the seat.

_MG_7193.JPG

Some heavy duty 4" tape over tools to keep them secure

_MG_7196.JPG

_MG_7198.JPG_MG_7199.JPG

Bag that I keep my air compressor in. I have all my tools and air compressor on the bike now without an annoying fender bag. woohoo! Some stuff went behind the headlight and one multi tool into the airbox

_MG_7202.JPG

Well today I started my bike for the first time in over a year. Three kicks and she was purring like a baby gotta love the yamaha.

All dirty during a blast across Silverstone Woods in a sunny UK :banghead:

wr400inSilverstone.jpg