2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,514 posts in this topic

Fitted some new (blue) breather hoses and prepped it for an outing this weekend with some friends.

7242480938_ab9e11c981.jpg

Also taught my 12 year old to ride my 9 year old's pit bike. He's never shown an interest before, but decided he wanted a go this weekend.

An hour later, he thoroughly enjoyed it and he's got an order in for a YZ85 :banghead: Good job I'm building a 3 bike trailer!

My youngest was not completely impressed with sharing his bike with his brother. Some comment about "never rub another man's rhubarb" was mentioned.

Edited by WideEyedFox

Removed the backfire screen from this air filter thingy. 1337032254.jpg

Changed oil and filter

Cleaned and oiled air filter

Tightened chain

Packed front and rear bearings with grease

and cleaned dirt and mud from all the hard to reach places

Fitted some new (blue) breather hoses (no photo's, sorry) and prepped it for an outing this weekend with some friends.

Also taught my 12 year old to ride my 9 year old's pit bike. He's never shown an interest before, but decided he wanted a go this weekend.

An hour later, he thoroughly enjoyed it and he's got an order in for a YZ85 :banghead: Good job I'm building a 3 bike trailer!

My youngest was not completely impressed with sharing his bike with his brother. Some comment about "never rub another man's rhubarb" was mentioned.

Thats awesome. There is nothing like riding with the boys!
1 person likes this

Graphics kit and operation hide-tools. Got tired of the dang fender packs on there.. plus I want a fender rack for my chainsaw

These fit nicely under the seat.

_MG_7193.JPG

Some heavy duty 4" tape over tools to keep them secure

_MG_7196.JPG

_MG_7198.JPG_MG_7199.JPG

Bag that I keep my air compressor in. I have all my tools and air compressor on the bike now without an annoying fender bag. woohoo! Some stuff went behind the headlight and one multi tool into the airbox

_MG_7202.JPG

I see some tubeless repair tools in your tool kit why ? you are running a tubed tyre - no tubless repair will work and the tyre weld cans from waldo wil not either.

Got my new Lexx exhaust and 07 headlight, still waiting on Moose Hybrid footpegs ( backordered ).

DSCN0175.jpg

DSCN0170.jpg

DSCN0172.jpg

DSCN0163.jpgDSCN0158.jpg

How do you like that Lexx exhaust?

How do you like that Lexx exhaust?

Looks like it will really roar ! Would love to hear it in full flight !

I have a Bill's Pipes Thunder Series on my 99 WR400 which does sound great .... I can only imagine this Lexx sounds even better !

Enjoy ........ Baz

So far I am pretty happy with it, although I havent had a chance ride it yet to feel

the power difference over the stock unit.

The fit was damn near perfect ! Only issue is that now my header touches bolt for one of the oil lines.

I still have to shave a little off the top of that bolt head to get some clearence.

The muffler itself looked and felt really well made and not cheezy at all......except maybe the

mounting "STRAP", just seems weird to be a strap but once everything is tightened its

pretty solid.

It comes with 2 tips, a 46mm "race tip" which is LOUD AS HELL and will require a rejet. Spark arrestor is

purchased separately for the race tip. and the "quiet tip" with a sparky built in is deffanitly louder than stock

and sounds pretty good- thats what I am using.

While it sounds way better it does not have a deep/throaty/bass sound I was kind of expecting but maybe

thats just the way the WR cams sound.

I see some tubeless repair tools in your tool kit why ? you are running a tubed tyre - no tubless repair will work and the tyre weld cans from waldo wil not either.

Look at my wheels closer....

I put this FMF on

1337301272.jpg

I added some Velcro fork seal savers

Installed the comp ECU, but I haven't had it remapped yet.

The pipe looks lovely and is a great fit with the side panel.

The rest of your bike looks super-clean too .... Nice !

1 person likes this

The pipe looks lovely and is a great fit with the side panel.

The rest of your bike looks super-clean too .... Nice !

Thanks so much. The pipe sounds and performs well but it's not the one I really wanted, there's just not much available yet. The bike is so clean because it only has 110 miles on it and it's still new so I don't mind spending a little extra time cleaning it. LOL

I took this...

7241756884_8344ca325a.jpg

...and did a bit of this...

7241760070_e846312e29.jpg

7241762660_0330ce2fe7.jpg

7241765702_85a559b874.jpg

7241773048_945b4a241d.jpg

7241768946_05a5dc0ea2.jpg

7241777556_a3acd40ef2.jpg

...and now I need to change my fork seals.

1 person likes this

did you try the credit card trick? take your fork guards off and slide a credit card around way up in there a few times. works well enough for me to keep riding the rest of the season

did you try the credit card trick? take your fork guards off and slide a credit card around way up in there a few times. works well enough for me to keep riding the rest of the season

how do you know when you need seals? Mine has some oil on them but doesn't seem to get worse.

They were leaking a bit when the bike was loaded up prior to going out. Had not noticed it before. Not 100% confident on work done by previous owner so will do them anyway and fit some neoprene gaitors at the same time.

I think you meant to say "business card", not credit card. The hard plastic credit card won't get in under the seal. Take a business card, tear off the end and poke the corner of the card up into the seal and move it sideways toward the torn edge. The torn edge will pick up and clean the dirt trapped in the seal.