• Announcements

• Brian Wilson

Any iOS app devs in the house that can provide a little help?   10/17/2017

We've been working on a new native app build for TT using a 3rd party's code base.  If we have any apple devs in the house that can help me generate the proper adhoc certificates and load them up into x-code, please shoot me a PM.  I have the full source code of the test version of the app. I just need some help building the required certificates and installing them into the app via x-code.  Please shoot me a PM if you'd be willing to lend a hand. https://thumpertalk.com/messenger/compose/?to=2
2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,511 posts in this topic

replaced front fender... put after market engine plugs, ran about 4 quarts of oil through to flush it, disconnected the grey wire, and took the air snorkel off. tomorrow i need to take off the paddle tire and put my knobbie back on to test out the grey wire/air box mods.

so redswr have you rode your bike since you tiptoe in the sand?

not much... its been ran about 20min. ever since i used gas to clean out the inside of the case my oils been really creamy looking. i've ran 3 quarts through since then though so its hopefully cleared up. took the oil filter out on the last change and didn't any sand so thats good...

gas in oil does not = milky looking. oil gets milky with antifreeze in it. I would keep changing your oil after each ride and keep an eye on your coolant level . you may have a bad seal or gasket somewhere.

Finally got the oil seals in the water pump. Got it all back together with no leftover parts. :banghead: and no leaks. Knock on wood.

Motor even souns better. Think the stealer didn't have the header pipe installed all the way. Motor always seemed to lug a lot. Not anymore. :busted:

I removed my AIS, rejetted carb, and disconected grey wire...........took it for a spin on the street, luckily no cops around, and it lifts the front wheel even easier now...........can't wait to get it to the dirt...........

I removed my AIS, rejetted carb, and disconected grey wire...........took it for a spin on the street, luckily no cops around, and it lifts the front wheel even easier now...........can't wait to get it to the dirt...........

Don't for get to remove the snorkel under the seat and punch some holes in the side cover. She needs to be able to breathe with all that new fuel.

Just got back from an 8 mile ride. Not much but needed to stretch its legs after it being laid up for two weeks waitin on seals and the time to install them.

WOW factor is way up. Found that the header pipe wasn't fully installed from the dealer. Been riding like this for nearly 18 monthes. Guess the WR likes a little back pressure. :banghead:

Went to Phoenix for the SX and took the 07 with me. Came back with a AZ plate:busted:

Don't for get to remove the snorkel under the seat and punch some holes in the side cover. She needs to be able to breathe with all that new fuel.

Thanks............I did that and the exhaust restrictor the FIRST day, even before she got dirty............I need and exhaust now...............

I put an '05 headlight with white front decal on my '04. IMO makes the front of the bike look "fresher". Oh yeah, i also had a great ride on her this weekend!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By short450
      Very nice Rekluse Core EXP 3.0 Clutch that has been ran for about 40 - 50 hours.  The Core EXP 3.0 gives you the best of both worlds as it is fully automatic and allows you to operate it just like you would a manual clutch.  Was getting ready to install in a 2017 YZ250F so I wanted to freshen it up and bought a brand new EXP 3.0 Disc which has never been oiled up or installed.  Before getting time to install the clutch, I decided to sell the bike.  It fits a 2014 - 2018 Yamaha YZ250F. 
      ONLY $575 shipped anywhere in the lower U.S.
      Please call or text me at 801-362-8899.
      Thanks!  
    • By 27latemodel
      2006 Yamaha WR450 CA street legal, low hrs clean bike, desert tank and stock tank, FMF muffler 3800.00 obo
    • By Jake Gibson
      Hi guys I just did a top end rebuild on my 2004 yz450f and I inspected full motor, replaced the bottom end gaskets and seals, timing chain, cylinder, piston,rings, top end gaskets, valves, spark plug, and it ran fine fr about 15 hours besides a quiet ticking noise. I was put riding the other day and after about 6 hours of riding that day my buddy asked what my rev limiter sounds like and I said i don't know and I don't want to blow it up and he said it won't blow up so I started it up and pinned it to hear the rev limiter and I only held it open for one second and then it backfired and died. I tried to start it back up and the compression is extremely low. I can push kick it over with my hand easily. Pulled the head off and found some very small metal particles on the cams, timing was fine, and the top of the piston is ok, (haven't taken it out of the cylinder yet).... Anyone know what it could be??? 
    • By Romanian Tractor
      Made another YouTube clip of our last ride, thought I'd share with you all.  Cheers!

• By Justn1k
      Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I would like to ask for some advice regarding some upcoming motorcycle purchases. My parents are in the process of purchasing a mountain cabin here in Colorado (Redfeather lakes) some time soon. The cabin is surrounded by dirt roads and trails so they intend to buy several dirt bikes for me as well as my younger brother and sister to put around on while we are staying up there. I would like to ask for some advice/ suggestions regarding which motorcycles would be the best choice for me (my younger siblings as well). So, I have a few years of dirtbike-riding experience on a crf100, but that is it. I haven't ridden one in a long time though I do have a sport bike which I ride a lot now.  I have an affinity for two-strokes and would love to pick one up. There are several nice older ktm 300 exc's on craigslist for around 3,000 dollars , as well as several yz250s in a simlar price range. I would love to have the ktm, but I am afraid that the maintenance cost will be very high despite it being a two stroke. The yz is a motocross bike but I hear that they can work as a trail bike. There is even one nice looking kdx 220 that I have my eye on (My friend says that its the greatest trail bike ever made. Is that true?). Would any of those be preferable to another, and come someone touch on the maintenance costs of those bikes (replacing top ends and such?)? There is always the option of a four stroke as well and I guess there are a lot more options there, though as i said I would prefer a two stroke. I saw a few nice xr400s, some crf450x's (is that overkill?), a REALLY nice klx 300 (my dad had one of these), some others also. Basically, can someone chime in on what would be the best bike to get? Does this all just boil down to preference? Basically I am just looking for a reliable, fairly powerful bike that I could pick up for a few grand and is preferably 2 stroke but doesn't have to be. Thanks!