What did you do to your WR today?

Sorry, a little boring last night. I just put on a new pair of M403/M404 and changed the oil.

However, last week I put on the new IMS tank. Pretty good kit overall. Fit was generally good with a minimum of little tweaks to get it right. Other than the seat foam, the bike is pretty much done.

I christen thee G2 (Garthok 2)!

trailhead :)

Yamaha AIS removal kit, added included jets/needle/clip, de-snorkel, baffle out. Runs like a champ:)

13t front counter sprocket

Yamaha AIS removal kit, added included jets/needle/clip, de-snorkel, baffle out. Runs like a champ:)

OK. Bike starts great, no choke required. Pulls like it is in stage 5 afterburner. But... when cruising at 1/4 throttle, it sputters, stumbles. Add gas, pulls like a champ. Let off, good. Hold it at 1/4 throttle, it stumbles. Thoughts??? I paid the dealer $300 to put the AIS kit in, sure hoping to not have to do that again.

welcome to normal

You can imagine what I did to my bike when you look at just a section of the damage done to myself...

ibwZxjEpIzeklY.png

Trying to act like I have a supermoto with knobbies. Not a good idea as you can see. My hip is pretty tweaked right now.

Slowly rebuilding my neglected '99 400f carby.

Blocked ap circuit and a stuck needle valve.

Man that acc pump jet is a real pain in the a$$ !!!

Can't remove it. Just trying to pump carby cleaner through it and hope for the best.

Rebuilt the rear shock for my sons 06 WR450F. Oh so much nicer. :)

Went to Utah and had and epic ride in the mud. Managed to blow both forks seals on the second loop :D and had to ride the backup honda :) . Had a good time and man do I love you wr :D

I removed the throttle stop and Installed the ECU to my 2012 today. The bike just screams now!

well yesterday rode it:

20120722123501.jpg

then washed it:

20120722174247.jpg

I retro'd my "09" WR + a few upgrades:

GPR Triple clamp 21mm offset (huge difference for me)

GPR V4 stabilizer

Unibiker black anodized radiator guards

Pro Action Lower fork Valves (huge difference for me)

Eiback Springs Front & Rear

2007 YZ 450 Titatanium full exhaust

YZ front / Rear fendor

Removed:

Speedo unit. added "FlatLand Racing" spacer to front hub

Removed head light

rear overflow

IMG_4838-2.jpgIMG_4843.jpgIMG_4844.jpg

G88,

SWEET! where did you get the yellow plastics and shroud decals? that looks awsome, I used to ride the old yz's.

G88,

SWEET! where did you get the yellow plastics and shroud decals? that looks awsome, I used to ride the old yz's.

Motorcycle Superstore for the Yellow Plastics. MX Graphics for the decals. I had a picture of Hannah on my wall for years when I was young. Wanted a YZ 80 so bad but my Dad always told me I needed a motorcycle like I needed a "hole in the head". Always loved the Yellow/black color scheme of the old YZ's. Not sure why Yamaha moved away from it...'

german88

That's a beauty. I really like the retro yellow. :):D :D :lol:

Bumped my TPS voltage up from .69 ( dead middle of the range ) to .78 ( maximum in the range )

in hopes of curing my rediculous/dangerous surge from 1/16th to 1/8h throttle opening.

Have to wait to test it out till I go riding because, I seem to have really bad luck with cops driving

down my street as soon as I leave the driveway ! :) One to many really close calls is all I can say.

My 2006 - New graphics, 2012 fender, 2009 front shroud with Zeta headlight eliminator,speedo eliminator, Cycra handguards, new seat, FMF Powercore, new springs, revalved suspension and Flexx handlebars mounted on BRP rubber mount triple clamps with Scotts damper. Feels like a new bike.

wr450f004R.jpg

wr450f003R.jpg

Edited by Navaho6

I've been pulling my hair out trying to beat this TPS stutter. After reading the specs on the voltage coming out of this sensor I started thinking how a small amount of resistance would change the results. The last time I changed jetting I applied electric grease to the TPS connector. It may have been the problem. I cleaned the connector removing all of the lube. The stutter is gone. Rode for a couple hours today and not one stumble. If you are fighting this problem, give this solution a try. It was much easier than setting the TPS on this '08 Aluminum framed WR.

Bumped my TPS voltage up from .69 ( dead middle of the range ) to .78 ( maximum in the range )

in hopes of curing my rediculous/dangerous surge from 1/16th to 1/8h throttle opening.

Have to wait to test it out till I go riding because, I seem to have really bad luck with cops driving

down my street as soon as I leave the driveway ! :) One to many really close calls is all I can say.

Make sure there isn't any electric grease on the connector. That is what was causing my motor stutter. I think the low voltage is restricted by the lube.

Painted my aqua blue PMB Endcap flat black.

4.JPG6.JPG

Edited by Bandit9