• Announcements

• Brian Wilson

Any iOS app devs in the house that can provide a little help?   10/17/2017

We've been working on a new native app build for TT using a 3rd party's code base.  If we have any apple devs in the house that can help me generate the proper adhoc certificates and load them up into x-code, please shoot me a PM.  I have the full source code of the test version of the app. I just need some help building the required certificates and installing them into the app via x-code.  Please shoot me a PM if you'd be willing to lend a hand. https://thumpertalk.com/messenger/compose/?to=2
2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,510 posts in this topic

Make sure there isn't any electric grease on the connector. That is what was causing my motor stutter. I think the low voltage is restricted by the lube.

interesting..... it just so happens I put die-elecric grease in the connector before I ever rode

this bike, so maybe I caused my own problem and it wouldn't be the first time thats happend.

Thanks I will clean out the connector.

Maybe that is why some have the stutter and some don't. I myself haven't noticed it on either of my WR's. I tend to ride it a little higher it the revs though.

Got to know my ride a little better today... I bought this bike about three weeks ago so I dont know exactly what has been done to it. Basically disassembled the damn bike to get the carb off ('08 450), found the AIS and throttle screw have been addressed, gray wire cut, and snorkle removed. I am trying to address the mid range bobble so commonly talked about here on TT so I disassembled the carb to see what jetting I'm running.

What I found -

Leak - 45

Main - 168

Pilot - 50

Starter - 65

Pilot air - 70

Needle - GDDTR with clip in the 4th pos.

Do you guys see anything that doesn't make sense? I run in the 0-2000' range with temps from 40*-70* typically.

I also ran up the pre-load on the rear shock (I'm 6'4" and around 270#) and confirmed dampening settings so I can fine tune them on the next outing. I'll probably have to re-spring to the fat man spring at some point, but it seems to be sufficient at this point.

Edited by AKmud

After 7 years, lots of great times, I loaded my beloved wr450 into the back of someone else's truck and watched him drive away. 22hrs after I did a complete teardown and rebuild and now the bike is gone. I went through the garage and also gave the new owner any an everything I had accumulated for that bike over the past 7 years. It was a lot of stuff.

It was fully and completely dialed in and the next bike I get has to definitely measure up. I am injured and will be off of motorcycles for 6-8 months, so I am taking the opportunity to just start over with a new stable.

:):D :D

goodbyewr450.jpg

That is a lot of work to just sell it. He must have made an offer you couldn't refuse.

After 7 years, lots of great times, I loaded my beloved wr450 into the back of someone else's truck and watched him drive away. 22hrs after I did a complete teardown and rebuild and now the bike is gone. I went through the garage and also gave the new owner any an everything I had accumulated for that bike over the past 7 years. It was a lot of stuff.

It was fully and completely dialed in and the next bike I get has to definitely measure up. I am injured and will be off of motorcycles for 6-8 months, so I am taking the opportunity to just start over with a new stable.

:):D :D

Good luck with the healing. Bikes come & go, but "you're the only you that you have". Let us know what you end up with as your next bike.

peace,

GR

That is a lot of work to just sell it. He must have made an offer you couldn't refuse.

It wasn't that great of an offer. But like I said, I am physically unable to ride. After my shoulder surgery in a couple of weeks, I will be focused on more important, yet still dirty things... like learning how to write, type, eat and wipe my ass with my left hand instead of my right.

I was going to sell it about a year from now anyway, so why not today. , but there's no need to let it just sit there while I heal.

The guy I sold it to will appreciate it and will get the maximum benefit out of it. He was as happy in that picture as I was when I bought it off the original owner 7 years ago.

Good luck with the healing. Bikes come & go, but "you're the only you that you have". Let us know what you end up with as your next bike.

peace,

GR

Thanks... it will be either the new KTM 450 xc-w or the tried and tested new Yamaha wr450. I have six to eight months to decide. The long term ownership reports of both should be in by then.

I made sure that I cleared out all Yamaha tools, gear, and accessories just so the slate will be truly clean.

Called in sick tomorow with a lame excuse and loaded up for a 3 day trip to the mountains !!!

IMG1561.jpg

IMG1572.jpg

1 person likes this

Put on the Cycra ProBend hand guards I just got from Amazon for $101! Not too pleased how they are fitting around the brake lever so I'm going to have to get creative..

Edited by AKmud

Put on the Cycra ProBend hand guards I just got from Amazon for $101! Not too pleased how they are fitting around the brake lever so I'm going to have to get creative..

AKmud,

As shipped, the Cycra guards are way too tight at the levers, so they make a spacer kit you can get straight from Cycra. I didn't know this until it was too late, so I just ended up using a few heavy-duty washers and they work perfectly now.

download.jpg

Loaded my 09 for a singletrack run tomorrow. I'm so ready to go rip tomorrow I can't sleep.

strangely I have not had a TPS problem. Man am I glad :)

same here , cruise at 100 for an hour no tps issue

Went for a ride. It is meant to be the dry season up here but there was water and mud everywhere. Got bogged in sticky clay mud but luckily we got it out pretty quick.

Then once I was home I gave it a good wash.

Narrowed down the popping on decel a little bit (see other post) I am moving in a few months to a totally different altitude and environment so I will do a full re-jet when i get there.

I put on a new rear brake disc (old one was bent) and go for a ride with a KTM

Photo0048.jpg

and pull that KTM :thumbsup:

Photo0068.jpg

3 people like this

I put on a new rear brake disc (old one was bent) and go for a ride with a KTM

Photo0048.jpg

and pull that KTM :thumbsup:

Photo0068.jpg

Stupid ktms eh! I just spent last night laying on the ground with little bugs trying to bite me because Buddys Ktm wouldn't start!

Got ready for Mad Lake.. Going friday

%255BUNSETc%255D.jpg

Edited by n16ht5