What did you do to your WR today?

These pics were taken at Elkins Flat CA , its a great place to ride thats for sure.

Gonna have to check this place out!!

What a fun thread, I'm happy to have a WR now to play along! No pics just yet, but I bought a plated '00 WR400 and have been swapping with parts from my '01 YZ426. So far, I have swapped the forks, shock, seat, and tank. This evening I prepped both sets of wheels for new tires that should be here Wednesday. Buncha parts should show Wed/Thurs and I'll have my work cut out for me, probably through the weekend. All in good fun! Need to sort out a speedometer for the plated bike, preferably something cableless/wireless...

I suspect the swing arm bolt on the 426 is 18mm and the bolt on the 400 is 17mm. If you plan to keep the 400's swing arm, you will need to transfer the engine case bushing from one motor to the other. If you want to swap the swing arm with the motor, you will need to open up the holes in the frame to 18mm. I recently took my '02 WR426 and moved everything over to a '99 YZ400 frame that was plated and added a Baja Designs kit to get legal lighting.

Both motors are in rock solid low hour bikes, so I'm leaving them as is for now, but that is excellent to know! Nice job finding the plated 400 frame, they're worth their weight in gold!

Both motors are in rock solid low hour bikes, so I'm leaving them as is for now, but that is excellent to know! Nice job finding the plated 400 frame, they're worth their weight in gold!

Yes! Didn't realize you were keeping both bikes. I'm plated for the dual sport rides now and also picked up an '02 YZ250 for the off road only rides. Doubles my fun!

The scenery is nice, but ****PLEASE**** some one, teach this pretty lady how to hold/fire a pistol -- http://cheaperthandi...om/blog/?p=3977

And while you're at it, make sure everyone on the range is aware of the 4 rules!

===========================================

• All guns are always loaded.
  • Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
  • Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
  • Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

—Jeff Cooper[1]

===========================================

and the scenery did not suck at all !!! :ride:

DSCN0558.jpg

Edited by g17jimmy

My 'new' shock showed up today, it's off an '06 YZ450 and I stuck it in my '00 WR400. This is a BL approved mod!

XNJ4Z.jpg

Washed it after some more fun at Elkins flat.

vidstill0-1.jpg

vidstill4-3.jpg

vidstill6-2.jpg

vidstill10-2.jpg

DSCN0981.jpg

vidstill3-3.jpg

DSCN1034.jpgvidstill-2.jpg

d.jpg

DSCN0991.jpg

Edited by still2smokin

Wow, very cool video!

That was pretty sick, I had no idea it was possible to ride that fast in that depth of snow.

The only snow I get to ride in has been wet slopy crap here in the lower elevations of California.

Oh and the bird encounter scene was to awesome.

_MG_8410.JPG

GOPR3129.JPG_MG_8421.JPG

dang KTMs ;)... he dumped it going up this switchback and it sat upside down for a while before we could recover it.. fouled the plug

_MG_8422.JPG

had about 15 or so of these... Then turned into 8" of slush with lots more trees across, so we turned around and did a dual sport ride.

_MG_8426.JPG

I actually was able to hop over this one on the way back

GOPR3154.JPG

GOPR3105.JPG

_MG_8428.JPG

Dang KTMs... he ran out of gas so he some of stole mine on top of Sugarloaf in the freezing rain with the wind blowing pretty good. Man I was loving my heated grips right then...

GOPR3172.JPG

Edited by n16ht5

Maybe if you turn off the grips, GPS... you could run an electric chainsaw! :lol:

Washed the bike, oiled chain, and put some fresh snow-seal on my boots. Im ready for winter

IMG_20121109_123522_038.jpg

interesting drying location.......I am about to waterproof my boots for the winter and drying them out first

is usually a pain but it looks like you have that handled well .

put in a Rekluse EXP last night.Installation was super easy and just riding in the yard was awesome.i will take it to the woods tomorrow.

Installed a TrailTech Vapor and 12T front sprocket. Last week I put on some ProTaper Contours and machined a bigger exhaust baffle.