What did you do to your WR today?

2smokin- check your valve lash lately? I know, I know, not fun. Think about it though, tough to start, gets worse once she's hot (and the valves are expanded and longer). I'm willing to bet they are a little on the tight side. I have an 06, have beaten its brains out and never experienced any electrical issues other than a voltage reg blowing out. It still ran just popped headlight bulbs.

Have not checked them in about 8 months. They were right in the middle of the range, but I guess it couldn't

hurt to check em again, although I kinda ruled the valve lash out because once it cuts out I let it sit for a few hours

and the engine is cold it still wont restart.

IMG2560.jpg

My buddy loaned me his carb to try to rule that out. Now I just gotta wait for this Norcal mud to dry out a bit

and I will give it a try.

When I got the bike the rectifier/regulator was blown, it kept popping light bulbs, replaced it and since then

no more blown bulbs but something odd I noticed. The headlight is bright at idle but gets a little

dimmer with rpm increase. :thinking: Maybe that indicates a stator issue ? Dunno yet, just gonna start

swapping stuff out and test and retest. Sure would be nice if I lived somewhere I could just ride

out of the garage and take it for a spin.

I think its electrical but gotta rule out the carb before I buy a new stator or CDI.

Edited by still2smokin

Damn n16ht5... you know you are good when you trail ride with trials riders.... AND a dirt bike with a sidecar!! What is that all about? Awesome videos man, you are definitely hard core! Do I see a SnowBike conversion in your future?

I just finished installing the ProTaper riser bars and Guts Racing after market seat to my 2012!

2012-12-30_12-50-52_881.jpg

That is one hell of an inspiring video!

Thanks for sharing!

Awesome video and riding skills. Thanks for putting that together. I've got to get me a gopro.

Before and after pic of my wr 400

image.jpg

image.jpg

AND a dirt bike with a sidecar!! What is that all about?

That sidecar wheel looked like a drive tire, too! It was roostin!! Too cool...

IMG2656.jpg

Ordered new plastics and found out the tank on my 05 is really an 04 !

I Iwonder if they will fit the BIGAZZ tank that also came with the bike .

IMG2666.jpg

Hell yeah it does !!

IMG2687.jpg

IMG2677.jpg

UPS is bringing me lots more goodies in about 4 days !

Nice, Still2smokin..... glad the plastics fit the desert tank! Bike looks great.

I like the Bud Light fork upgrade too... ;)

I put my new sm front fender on and ordered a new choke plunger assembly.

I put on a YZF rear fender, new rear number plates and # plate stickers with my numbers on it ....

IMG2714.jpg

Kinda thinkin I went to far ....not feelin the front number plate stickers...... but hell, it looked like this when I bought it....

DSCN0684.jpg

alot has changed in 14 months !!!

DSCN0685.jpg

IMG2726.jpg

Edited by still2smokin

Put on a new graphics kit

New look for the new season

p18011310491.jpgp18011310492.jpgp1801131049.jpg

Hi, All new to the forum,

I'm located in Brisbane, QLD, Australia.

Yesterday I bought an '05 WR450F after weeks of research.

Looks like some great info here and a lot of was very helpful.

Cheers

Brett

Hi, All new to the forum,

I'm located in Brisbane, QLD, Australia.

Yesterday I bought an '05 WR450F after weeks of research.

Looks like some great info here and a lot of was very helpful.

Cheers

Brett

Welcome Bushmaster69. Your gonna love that bike!

Welcome Bushmaster69. Your gonna love that bike!

Cheers I certainly hope so.Heres a phot, a few scracthes but seems mechanically sound and well looked after.

SAM_0089_zps1308a6df.jpg

Prep for Enduro on Sunday. Changed oil, cleaned air filter, put on new Michelin S12 rear, installed new YZF front fender. Snapped a few pics since this is probably as good as it will ever look. LOL. Click on the thumbnail to make bigger.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Edited by Bandit9

A few more....image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I like the YZF front fender, didn't think I would when I first installed it, but now that it is on, I like it. What do ya'll think of the YZF front fender?