What did you do to your WR today?

I like it! It looks aggressive!!

That is the "Restyle" Cycra front fender for the YZ 2strokes. The hole pattern is perfect for all WR's prior to 2012.

Fab'd up a tail light for my yz rear fender for under 30 bucks ! NO SCREWS !

DSCN1219_zps56f220fc.jpg

IMG2821.jpg

Picked this up today on the WR. It was good for 13th Overall B and 3rd Place B 40+ Long course. 85 ground miles. image.jpg

Not too bad not having rode since Summer. Pretty rough trail. I had my hands full just trying to finish.

still2smokin, I hope it's pop-riveted on then, as I don't know how else it will stay permanently attached. :confused:

I used the same double back tape that the gopro mounts use. I know, I know , double back tape sounds chessy but

a 1 1/2 X 2 inch piece holds my gopro to my helmet extremely well even with the camera getting caught on tree branches

and trying rip my head off .....it hasnt ever budged yet .

I covered the whole mountiing bracket for the light with that tape and cut little 1/4 inch strips for the wiring loom.

Seems damn strong to me, and hey if it starts to loosen I will throw a couple rivets in it .

new D.I.D. X-chain and main sproket. never knew how bad a frozen chain can reek havok on your MPG.

I ordered a new White Clark 10.6 litre tank, a white ufo plastic kit, and dropped off all the parts at the Powdercoater. Ordering wheels, Stator, linkage bearrings, and a Vapor Speedo tomorrow. :D It's like christmas again!

Changed Oil, Fixed Electricals, Cleaned Air Filter and Carby all the usual suspects after buying a second hand bike..

and the scenery did not suck at all !!! :ride:

DSCN0558.jpg

Ummm. Wow.. Speechless..

I rode mine today. Sunny, 50F and fresh mud

IMG_0483_zps1c5baaf6.jpg

installed a hardline hour meter on my, new to me 2007

Just stared and wished I would have went out and enjoyed the beautiful 75 degree weather. Working on weekends sucks :cry:

2013-02-02wr.jpg

Went and bought a new battery to replace the one I toasted after leaving the power switch on for who knows how long.

Took it riding today. Perfect weather.

Rode it yesterday after nearly 2 months of no riding ....

DSCN1242_zps79bfa824.jpg

Didn't get far.... still having same issue. This tiime I had my buddys carb in it aswell as a fresh plug.

Still just died out after only a very short time. AAARRGGHH !!!

Yanked the plug, it looks odd .... it was in for maybe 10 min ... its a split fire I borrowed from a buddy.

IMG2848_zpsa304759b.jpg

So its not carb related, that leaves mechanical or electrical....

Electrical -- I still have to test the stator, which requires running the bike up to 5000 rpm with no gas tank (safely) .

Needless to say a PITA.

Mechanical---

IMG2868_zps41784a1a.jpg

Valves checked exactley the same as last year , all passed with in range .

I am thinking about a compression test but I find nothing in the manual about it other

than tearing it apart and physically measuring piston, cylinder , valves etc....

Uugghh........I am pretty sure its electrical and that means stator, CDI or harness issue.

Nothing looks suspect in the harness or connectors that I can see so now its time to check the stator

and if thats fine I am buying the Dynatek CDI.

I just wanna ride damn it !

Edited by still2smokin

Rode it yesterday after nearly 2 months of no riding ....

DSCN1242_zps79bfa824.jpg

Didn't get far.... still having same issue. This tiime I had my buddys carb in it aswell as a fresh plug.

Still just died out after only a very short time. AAARRGGHH !!!

Yanked the plug, it looks odd .... it was in for maybe 10 min ... its a split fire I borrowed from a buddy.

IMG2848_zpsa304759b.jpg

So its not carb related, that leaves mechanical or electrical....

Electrical -- I still have to test the stator, which requires running the bike up to 5000 rpm with no gas tank (safely) .

Needless to say a PITA.

Mechanical---

Check the electrical values on your coil. It sounds like it's doing the same thing my 04 did a few years back.

Valves checked exactley the same as last year , all passed with in range .

I am thinking about a compression test but I find nothing in the manual about it other

than tearing it apart and physically measuring piston, cylinder , valves etc....

Uugghh........I am pretty sure its electrical and that means stator, CDI or harness issue.

Nothing looks suspect in the harness or connectors that I can see so now its time to check the stator

and if thats fine I am buying the Dynatek CDI.

I just wanna ride damn it !

Went for a ride on Saturday on some back roads through the local canyons.

dsc00092q.jpg

Bought/brought her home!

th_wr450_zps19ef8d43.jpg

Check the electrical values on your coil. It sounds like it's doing the same thing my 04 did a few years back.

Thats the first thing I replaced followed by a needed voltage regulator/rectifier.

So I started do the tests in the manual yesturday and the (resistance) pick up coil measured strange...

Then the bike wouldn't even run long enough to do the voltage tests ... so today I ordered

a Ricky Stator DC setup, hopefully its here by friday .