What did you do to your WR today?

looking for advice on what exhaust to get

looking for advice on what exhaust to get

What bike do you have? I have a 2011 WR450F with a Mega Bomb and a FMF Q4 slip on. I personally love this combo.

Took my forks and shock to Hilton Hayward for a full service

Regreased the linkage and swing arm

Fitted new sprockets and DID 520 o ring chain

Replaced lower chain roller with one running on bearings

Applied acid-free silicone below my chain-slider before installing on the swing arm to stop it eating into the swing arm

Fitted new rim locks front and back .

Just finished some overhauling and Ryco street kit...

1366812664589.jpg

1366812899981.jpg

went ridin

P1020299.JPG

_MG_4752.JPG

P1020319.JPG

_MG_4773.JPG

Bought an 06 wr450 in pretty good shape for a steal R16000 (about $1500 i think) bought it to sell, then was gonna get a 2 stroke,WELL after one ride at chimes i decided its not going any where!!!

I used my wr450 to hold my beverage(s) while I bbq'd !

IMG3608_zpsf3944245.jpg

IMG3610_zps56153791.jpg

Bought an 06 wr450 in pretty good shape for a steal R16000 (about $1500 i think) bought it to sell, then was gonna get a 2 stroke,WELL after one ride at chimes i decided its not going any where!!!

plasti dipped the rims black,so easy to do this stuff is amazing!photo(15).JPGphoto(16).JPG

Picked this up a week or so ago:

2013-04-17_16-50-37_388-XL.jpg

Basically stock, with less than 200 miles\25 hours on it.

8 year old rubber didn't have the grip I need, so I spooned on some new MX51 tires

2013-04-25_20-47-22_901-XL.jpg

Pretty happy so far for the price I paid. It's a good backup to my YZ\WR290F harescramble bike. The 450 rides the same as the 290, just 40# heavier.

Andrew

This is what I did to my WR400 today...

575499_571366776230131_1994609974_n.jpg

Ready for the rebuild :thumbsup:

JD Jet Kit. Best performance mod of anything I have done so far. No more cracked throttle spittin and poppin.

Edited by GammaFunction

image.jpg

New bottom chain roller on bearings

image.jpg

Added black non acidic silicone right around the chain-slider before fastening it , this prevents the chainslider eating into the swingarm.

image.jpg

Wire locked oil cap

image.jpg

New DID 520 o ring chain and 52 sprocket

Got some parts powdercoated, got other parts at my dealer, and Installed the graphics on my fork guards and put my bars on.

IMAG0876_zpsd341c883.jpg

IMAG0879_zps79be7a3f.jpg

IMAG0881_zpsec7226ea.jpg

Got some parts powdercoated, got other parts at my dealer, and Installed the graphics on my fork guards and put my bars on.

IMAG0876_zpsd341c883.jpg

IMAG0879_zps79be7a3f.jpg

IMAG0881_zpsec7226ea.jpg

I am not on the same page as far as the graphics go, but I totally get the thrill/excitement/pride in taking

a bike down to nothing and redoing it as only you would do, making it totally yours and like no other.

Enjoy the build process, cause you will never regret/forget it ( even though you may have to assemble stuff that you may have to

completely disassembled and re-assembled twice or three times just to get it right ) . You get a sense of pride not many will

ever get or understand .

Can you please tell me whats up with the strange looking one piece exhaust ?

I am not on the same page as far as the graphics go, but I totally get the thrill/excitement/pride in taking

a bike down to nothing and redoing it as only you would do, making it totally yours and like no other.

Enjoy the build process, cause you will never regret/forget it ( even though you may have to assemble stuff that you may have to

completely disassembled and re-assembled twice or three times just to get it right ) . You get a sense of pride not many will

ever get or understand .

Can you please tell me whats up with the strange looking one piece exhaust ?

Thanks! I love bikes with graphics and I also like plain ones. Next build I plan on doing is probably just a plain blue 07+ WR450. This is so time consuming and it costs a lot of money too.

I have been saving up for the last two years with my high-school part time job to do this build. So the sense of accomplishment will be huge for me. Chances are I will never sell it. :ride:

About the exhaust. I believe this is how the 03's were made if I understand your question correctly.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2003-yamaha-wr450f-wr450fr/o/m145586#sch253667

Installed Lexx exhaust. PO had YZ exhaust on the bike & it was WAY to loud. Sounds much better now. Gonna take it out for a ride today.

IMG_0736_zps0f2ad287.jpg"]http://IMG_0736_zps0f2ad287.jpg[/url]

Installed Lexx exhaust. PO had YZ exhaust on the bike & it was WAY to loud. Sounds much better now. Gonna take it out for a ride today.

http://IMG_0736_zps0f2ad287.jpg

How is the Lexx? I was considering one, because I don't have the funds for a higher end exhaust right now. Maybe I will go with a DRD, but these Lexx pipes are reasonably priced. :)

How is the Lexx? I was considering one, because I don't have the funds for a higher end exhaust right now. Maybe I will go with a DRD, but these Lexx pipes are reasonably priced. :)

I have a LEXX also, very nice pipe, especially for the price. Only issue I've had so far was the original silencer cracked aorund the weld and i had to replace it with a new outlet and spark arrestor, but i wen ta little large on the outlet, much louder but still not as loud as my DRD