What did you do to your WR today?

I bought my WR a new stable buddy...

Wolverine.jpg

I bought it for my wife so she can putt around the trails, but it's really for me when the snow flies and I need a fix :busted:...SC

Gave it a face lift :busted:. New Factory Effex Evo 5 graphics and black plastics.

DSC05237_small.jpg

A bit of a chore to remove the skid plate and 3 drain bolts, but worth it I guess

What brand skid plate do you have? Mine has a hole so the oil can be changed with the plate in place. :busted:

Done the muffler mod removed baffles and replaced tail pipe now it roars just can't ride it now tooooo much snow

I ordered my White Brothers exhaust today, will be here in a week.....need to ride......now the rain has stopped, we will be out this weekend......!!:busted::worthy:

been searching for new exhaust, got seal savers ready to install

Sat on it in the garage and made a bunch of noise. My 4 year old kept telling me to slow down.

:busted:

Installed the YEC 5mm Bar riser kit that I modified to be a 35mm rise (I need it, I'm tall, 6'6")

Installed Cycra Pro Bend Triple Clamp bark busters

Installed the Yamaha Tach/hour meter

I love working on bikes in the garage :busted:

changed engine oil and filter , disassembled and cleaned the forks , changed brake fluid . now i just have to put in my 26$ coolant and decide if im going to do the back shock or take it in , i have nitrogen equipment for filling hydraulic accumulators but i have herd its hard to change the oil with out getting any air in the shock . i will probably just take it in .

put a baja designs kit on it over the weekend. Just need the mirrors now.

What brand skid plate do you have? Mine has a hole so the oil can be changed with the plate in place. :busted:

The stock plastic skid plate.

Gave it a face lift :busted:. New Factory Effex Evo 5 graphics and black plastics.

DSC05237_small.jpg

Very nice. :worthy: Makes me want to get a second 450 and plate it! :ride:

I bought my WR a new stable buddy...

Wolverine.jpg

I bought it for my wife so she can putt around the trails, but it's really for me when the snow flies and I need a fix :busted:...SC

So how do you, I mean she like it??

well i took my stock baffle and did this to it...

HPIM0396.jpg

HPIM0404.jpg

HPIM0405.jpg

HPIM0406.jpg

HPIM0407.jpg

also took off the snorkel...

HPIM0400.jpg

finished repainting the frame, checked valve clearances, changed oil, filter, replaced linkage bearings, replaced shock bearings, cleaned up rear wheel and regreased the bearings as well as all other remaining bearings, refinished swingarm and added new graphics, cleaned carb, added White Brothers fuel screw, got white brothers E exhaust, added blue fuel lines off carb, replaced rear fender with YZ fender, built my own low profile LED tail light (mounted under fender). Added Moose racing rear fender bag but in a quick disconnect fashion with clevis pins instead of bolts.

Gotta assemble it all this weekend and start on the front half...

I finally bought one. I sold my DRZ400 last spring due to unforeseen medical bills (stupid healthcare). I finally bought another bike and decided to go with an '06 that was bought new in 2007 with 350 miles. Saweet action! I've been scavenging all of the threads on the WR. If any has any other info (probably not because it is already here - somewhere) for a newbie WR owner, feel free to let me know.

eddie

Last night after a day of riding a XL650....I know it's a Honda, but it's for work and pays WELL..........I put my new White Brothers exhaust on and fired it up.......going riding tomorrow AM to see how it is with the jet kit, grey wire removal, snorkel removal, AIS removal and new exhaust.......should be a blast................

I blame Kalifornia for having to spend hours working on my carb doing the rejet as well as the YZ stop screw mod.

Talk about a pain in the rear, just getting to the carb is a pain. I got the needle and jet installed, and the cut down throttle stop installed. Just the o-ring mod left to do then I can put it all back together.

finished repainting the frame, checked valve clearances, changed oil, filter, replaced linkage bearings, replaced shock bearings, cleaned up rear wheel and regreased the bearings as well as all other remaining bearings, refinished swingarm and added new graphics, cleaned carb, added White Brothers fuel screw, got white brothers E exhaust, added blue fuel lines off carb, replaced rear fender with YZ fender, built my own low profile LED tail light (mounted under fender). Added Moose racing rear fender bag but in a quick disconnect fashion with clevis pins instead of bolts.

Gotta assemble it all this weekend and start on the front half...

Matt, I noticed that you posted pics of your painted frame back in January. In those pics it looked as though you had left your engine in the frame and masked around it. Is that true? Did you have to re-mask before you painted the front frame? I ask because it seems as though a long time has passed between when you posted that pic and today, when you say you finished painting the frame. How long is it supposed to dry before you can re-assemble?

Put about 15 miles on it and rode it like I stole it. :busted: