What did you do to your WR today?

Couldn't stand the thought of parking my plated '07 for another long Revelstoke winter so I bought a used Timbersled mountain horse kit & spent the last 2 weeks doing all the mods & installing the kit. Took it out for the 1st time yesterday & it ran great in the snow. Had a BLAST!

1471810_10152061126800396_957466226_n.jpgIMG_1258.JPGIMG_1262.JPGIMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1263.JPG

If anyone is interested, selling my plated 05 wr450 with a rekluse and lots of other goodies. Message me.

Today I adjusted the oil height in my forks to 95mm and added 4mm worth of preload spacers to each side. I installed RT Gold Valves with .50 kg/mm springs back in July, with an oil height of 120mm just as a starting point. Although the bike rode WAY better and was a lot more stable in all areas, I was still bottoming pretty badly - go figure... So hopefully the extra 25mm of oil and preload will do good work and keep me higher in the stroke and have better bottoming resistance. A quick test ride around the neighborhood and it definitely feels stiffer, but I'll have to hit a few jumps out where I ride to see how it is.

I also modded a '12 front fender (redrilled a couple holes) to fit on my bike as I get ready to go all white plastics and put some sweet graphics pretty soon.

If you haven't bought the graphics, check out graphicmx.com. I got the white "stock 10" for my 07 wr and they are sweet.1387063223306.jpg

8000+ ft., 2 ft. of powder, -15c. Awesome!

IMG_0024.JPGIMG_0028.JPGIMG_0029.JPG

If you haven't bought the graphics, check out graphicmx.com. I got the white "stock 10" for my 07 wr and they are sweet.attachicon.gif1387063223306.jpg

Man, I wish I had seen that site first. I really like the set I got - which I have not put on yet but was going to start tonight - but that stock 10 pattern looks awesome. I went with One Industries red/black/white, and I think it's going to look great. But if I ever change it up or totally botch the job I'm about to do, I'm definitely going here. I'll put a picture on here when it's all done - still waiting on the seat cover and headlight housing that I'm gonna paint white.

Thanks for the heads up on that site.

pmtv.jpg

Going back to a knobbie after over a year on a trials tire. Maxxis EN. Also put on some Motion Pro fork bleeders even though my fork seals just blew. I think my shock needs a rebuild pretty bad. It makes a funny bubbly noise when I cycle it. Trying to figure out if I should rebuild what I have or upgrade to newer suspension and have it built. 

Just mounted a Bridestone M403

Edited by D-rek07

vidstill18_zpsa1f14cde.jpg

vidstill9_zps4f63d575.jpg

vidstill12_zpsec718c26.jpg

vidstill15_zpsf0b59323.jpg

vidstill17_zps3a561776.jpg

vidstill13_zps68a8b163.jpg

And this would be me rolling down the hill ( far left ) .

vidstill28_zps6820fb47.jpg

Edited by still2smokin

Yesterday I recovered my seat with an '09 YZ seat cover and today I mostly finished my conversion to white plastic with One Industries graphics (or at least graphics that say One Industries that I got on eBay...), and went for a short ride.  Just a couple of red/black accents on the side and front number plates and swing arm, and maybe some fork stickers and I'll be all set.

I also ran into issues with the keyed on/off switch that the previous owner had installed, so I threw in a theft-inviting toggle switch for the time being so I could at least get out and ride before I ran out of daylight.

IMAG0319.jpg

IMAG0314edit.jpg

IMAG0321.jpg

Gave the my bike a good washing... *TIP* to get the white parts of the plastic bright white again use a Magic Eraser!  Also took it for a rip around my house and ran out of gas riiding through the development had to do the walk of shame back after making a lot of noise. UGGG

photo.JPG

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this would be me rolling down the hill ( far left ) .

Posted Image

Where is this?

Got my pc4 in the mail along with the comp ecu yesterday, threw it on this morning! What a difference lol

1387499318405.jpg

Where is this?

Carnegie SVRA.--   between Livermore and Tracy in the Bay Area

Where abouts in CA are you ?

Edited by still2smokin

Carnegie SVRA.-- between Livermore and Tracy in the Bay Area

Where abouts in CA are you ?

Ah, looks like awesome riding! Im down in los angeles. Kinda looked like some trails in hungry valley on the freeway side. Im gonna have to convice the misses to let me out for a few days and get up there!

pmtv.jpg

Going back to a knobbie after over a year on a trials tire. Maxxis EN. Also put on some Motion Pro fork bleeders even though my fork seals just blew. I think my shock needs a rebuild pretty bad. It makes a funny bubbly noise when I cycle it. Trying to figure out if I should rebuild what I have or upgrade to newer suspension and have it built. 

Can't beat Maxxis for quality and value IMO. How did the trials tire do in the CA dirt? Did you spend any time on pavement?  

Can't beat Maxxis for quality and value IMO. How did the trials tire do in the CA dirt? Did you spend any time on pavement?  

The trials tire did great and I think helped me out a lot. My bike is plated and I did quite a bit of pavement with it. I had the tire in the dirt, rocks, sand (Pismo), mud, street, all over the place and it did really well. The only two complaints I have are downhill braking and not being able steer with the rear. Some of the single track I ride is super tight and I'm constantly blowing through corners with my front wheel. I want a tire that will rear steer a little better and also make me work a little more on technique instead of just idling up everything (which is still fun). 

I washed it .................cause you just cant put on a bunch of new parts on when its dirty. :devil:

Put on white fenders and hand guards.  Finally got the jetting squared away with the FMF exhaust.  It's been to cold and icy to ride, the ground is frozen solid here.   Looks to be a long cold winter, todays high was 17 F. 

sm3v2v.jpg

11u8fiw.jpg

9fyuya.jpg

2hnoqco.jpg

Edited by firedog55

This was actually the last two nights, but I'm claiming it all for today...

I thought I had my sag set reasonably well - but then enlisted the help of my wife, did all measurements three times, and actually put on my gear.  I've been at 82mm since I put the stiffer spring on last summer!  I thought I was around 100mm when I had set it up myself and then never came back to it.  I set it right at 110mm and it made a VERY big difference in the handling and feel of the bike!!  (Yeah I know, go figure...I'm still learning)  It is much more forgiving and stable in ruts, flat track drifting turns, or when I make mistakes that otherwise would put me on the ground.

I swapped my main jet over to a 170 (from a 168) as I'm about to bolt on the Megabomb/Q4 I have for it (coming from a stock pipe with the GYTR insert).  It's nice to be able to get to the main and pilot jets without having to remove the carb. 

I also installed a Works Connection hour meter/tachometer with the little bracket that mounts it on the fuel tank bolt just below the handle bars.  It is trick and it works great - even records your highest RPM for that running period and displays it for about five seconds when you shut down.  So then I had to fine tune my idle speed and fuel screw and I think I'm pretty dialed in right now.

This was all after riding some dunes I just found out about 20 minutes from where I live on this farmer's property who lets the public on his land whenever they want.  Huge sandy trail and dune area - tons of whoops, fast sections, jumps, obstacles - I wish I'd found out about it sooner!  My buddy had to leave early, so I then went by myself to the place where I always ride closer to my house just to enjoy my new-found suspension settings.  All in all a cool day.

Installed new top clamp and steering damper from ebay.

uchl.jpg

The Maxxis did really well at Shasta Dam. Really dry and rocky but seemed to hook up just as well as the Pirelli trials tire. We'll see if that's still the case after a few more rides.