2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,510 posts in this topic

Mounted an '08 headlight on my '06:

jzjey1.jpg

2yn00p1.jpg

xlwd5d.jpg

242fkat.jpg

I'm pleased with the look, went right on, many thanks to still2smokin for sending me the link on how to do it.  I think that's about it for updates to my old WR, I got a new toy:

2wpjajk.jpg

I have plans to turn the little Husky into a light weight woods weapon!

3 people like this

I am about to order these parts.

Let me know what you think.

FMF Titanium Megabomb Header Pipe - 2008 Yamaha WR450F
Part # 1111010015

Pivot Works Water Proof Rear Wheel Collar Kit - 2008 Yamaha WR450F
Part # 1371520017

JD Jetting Jet Kit - 2008 Yamaha WR450F
Part # 1112690028

Tusk Reusable Stainless Steel Oil Filter - 2008 Yamaha WR450F
Part # 1379690006

Yoshimura RS-2 Stainless/Aluminum Slip-On - 2008 Yamaha WR450F
Part # 1313960029

Devol Extreme Radiator Guards - 2008 Yamaha WR450F
Part # 1009770048

Ricochet Offroad Skid Plate - 2008 Yamaha WR450F
Part # 1260640100

Sidi Crossfire 2 SRS Boots Size 12.5 Black
Part # 1420360006

Part # 1111010015

Part # 1371520017

Part # 1112690028

Part # 1379690006

Part # 1313960029

Part # 1009770048

Part # 1260640100

Part # 1420360006

Looks good.  Be sure to try to get a discount code before you order , 10% off will equal quite a bit at checkout for that list.

Go here and ask someone for a code .......http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/976118-rocky-mountain-discount-codes/page-61

2wpjajk.jpg

I have plans to turn the little Husky into a light weight woods weapon!

I want to know how that Husky works out for you. I've been wanting to build a YZ125 for the woods for a couple of years now but I haven't committed.

I want to know how that Husky works out for you. I've been wanting to build a YZ125 for the woods for a couple of years now but I haven't committed.

g

I considered the YZ125, the KTM 150XC, and the Husky. Decided on the Husky after researching TT, CafeHusky and the KTM forum. The cost($4,299 OTD),free 144cc kit, and reliability are what sold me on the Husky. The YZ would have needed the same mods as the Husky and was $2,000 more. The KTM was closer to what I wanted but about $3,000 more. I started a thread over on CafeHusky.com about the bike and my plans for it if you're interested: http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/14-cr125-to-woods-weapon.39971/

Edited by firedog55

You know what I did with my WR today? I looked at it.  Why? Because it's fricken winter! Stud my tires? How about add a track kit!

I'M SICK OF SNOW!

I wish we would get some snow. We get a crazy cold front once in awhile, usually during the week, then it's back to high 60s on the weekends. Believe me I appreciate good riding weather, but it hasn't really been winter at all this year.

Part # 1111010015

Part # 1371520017

Part # 1112690028

Part # 1379690006

Part # 1313960029

Part # 1009770048

Part # 1260640100

Part # 1420360006

You should also order an R&D remote fuel screw, and a Tokyo Mods accelerator pump spring upgrade (direct from TMods)

You know what I did with my WR today? I looked at it.  Why? Because it's fricken winter! Stud my tires? How about add a track kit!

I'M SICK OF SNOW!

Dude, I'm with you. I'm so sick of this winter. I feel like I live in Northern Michigan instead of SE Missouri. The ground is frozen into "tundra" like permafrost under the constant snow. A few weeks ago it thawed out and I got to ride, a total muddy bog, almost got stuck in a farmer's field. Now it's frozen solid again. It's even too cold to go out in the garage and work on the bikes, so I play on the computer and spend $$$ on them instead. If it doesn't warm up soon I'll be broke.

Edited by firedog55

I wish we would get some snow. We get a crazy cold front once in awhile, usually during the week, then it's back to high 60s on the weekends. Believe me I appreciate good riding weather, but it hasn't really been winter at all this year.

I have no sympathy for you. I'd gladly give you this cold and snow!!! BTW, it seems your WR didn't suffer any long term effects from running with out oil. My WR has frost bite.

Yeah, I think the bike is good to go. Starts/runs/sounds like nothing happened. I still examine the oil when I change it - everything looks normal. The clock is ticking when your drain plug falls out, that's for sure.

Rocker, after hearing your story, I ordered a magnetic plug and have planned on adding a safety wire.

Well today was awesome. -10 when I left the house, but at least no fresh snow for a change. It made it up to a balmy 22 this afternoon. Thought I might break out some shorts for a minute.

I HAVE to start riding soon, I've spent every last dollar I have on all sorts of stuff I probably don't need. I'm not allowed to touch the checkbook, debit/credit card, paypal account, piggy bank........NOTHING!  The only thing I can do now is set around abd post stupid things with poor spelling and grammar on TT!!!

1 person likes this

Rocker, after hearing your story, I ordered a magnetic plug and have planned on adding a safety wire.

Good idea. I have a stock replacement drain bolt back in now but am going to order a magnetic plug soon. Safety wire is a good call as well.

I take a glance at my left boot every so often while riding now and a quick look down at the plug itself every time I stop.

Edited by RockerWR450

Just rolled it out of the garage and warmed up the oil, wishing I could go riding.  Too wet.  Trails are closed.  Sucks.

Changed the graphics a little.  Reset the CO level and a new mapping.

WR450F21414004.jpg

WR450F21414003.jpg

Edited by Navaho6