What did you do to your WR today?

Added a Boyesen Supercooler water pump cover and impeller on the weekend.   Hard to say if it changed anything, because most of our riding was higher speed, but it certainly looks like it would move a lot more water just by virtue of the difference in the size of the blades on the impeller.

New used six piston Beringer brake set up.

photo_zps95ecd041.jpg

DAMN! THAT THING IS SEXY!!!

DSCF5683-L.jpg

oh almost forgot

i broke my bark buster and bent my bars in a stupid slow speed get off (first gear mid throttle)

Edited by grizzzly

Had a blast on sand based trail ride yesterday 36k's that turned my arms to painful jelly and my legs into a firery lump of meat. had a great time bike didn't miss a beat but due tomy lack of fitness I layed it down once on both side towards the end of the trail. No damage :thumbsup: so all good for next time.

How much for the skid plate.

Nothing , its a WR so there is not much to do .

20140719_164409_zps17aeb2b0.jpg

Edited by still2smokin

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406335226.369686.jpg

2007 WR450 with these babies. Best upgrade ever, wow what a difference in the ride.

Took it out for one last ride, going to be moving on to something else.

photo37_zps49ec369e.jpg

photo28_zps21439f2b.jpg

Just picked this up last weekend from my brother in law for free. It's an 05 with only 350 legitimate miles on it. It has been parked for the last 5 years after my brother in law broke his big toe. He decided quads were more his speed. After about two hours of cleaning the carb and basic PM I've got it running like new. It has been uncorked Yosh exhaust emissions BS gone. What do you guys think. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406496636.456458.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406496652.840852.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406496674.417512.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406496674.417512.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406496849.666176.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406496867.640553.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406496714.614569.jpg

Let her sit in the garage while I rode the new bike in the stable

New Bike.jpg

She seemed a little jealous

WR450.jpg

What did you think of the new KTM? A game changer?

What did you think of the new KTM? A game changer?

Rode it for 3 days in the Sierra's up by Bass Lake and the Miami trail system. All I can say is WOW, what a difference. How I have been describing it has been it's like riding a Mtn bike with a motor. It is so nimble and easy to flick around. The power delivery is as they say, more linear, which I always twisted into "boring", but it makes it much easier to ride and doesn't tire you out. After 3 days of darting around in the trees, I was ready for more.

The ergo's are a bit different, you feel as you are sitting in the bike, not on it. I briefly swapped out for a bit with a friend on his plated, this was a dual sport ride weekend, 450X and as soon as I got on his bike it was like I was sitting on top of it which made me feel so top heavy.

A game changer, It's funny, you could talk to 99.9% of my riding buddies and they would tell you I was one of the biggest KTM bashers around. Not any more.

Yeah, but they they leak oil and burn coolant and stuff - every single one of them all of the time! Only fanboys buy KTMs! If you ride one, you become a communist instantly! Um, let's see...you can build a WR to perform better than than the KTM for less money!

That about cover it? Congrats on the purchase and thanks for the review.

BTW, "mountain bike with a motor" - that's the exact term I used to describe the YZ250 2 stroke I bought about a month ago. It's awesome!

BTW, "mountain bike with a motor" - that's the exact term I used to describe the YZ250 2 stroke I bought about a month ago. It's awesome!

Yeah, but I needed another plated bike as my wife has her street license so this dual sport serves a dual purpose :smirk:  

Rode it for 3 days in the Sierra's up by Bass Lake and the Miami trail system. All I can say is WOW, what a difference. How I have been describing it has been it's like riding a Mtn bike with a motor. It is so nimble and easy to flick around. The power delivery is as they say, more linear, which I always twisted into "boring", but it makes it much easier to ride and doesn't tire you out. After 3 days of darting around in the trees, I was ready for more.

The ergo's are a bit different, you feel as you are sitting in the bike, not on it. I briefly swapped out for a bit with a friend on his plated, this was a dual sport ride weekend, 450X and as soon as I got on his bike it was like I was sitting on top of it which made me feel so top heavy.

A game changer, It's funny, you could talk to 99.9% of my riding buddies and they would tell you I was one of the biggest KTM bashers around. Not any more.

On the first part of the hill of doom did you pass 4 or 5 riders that didnt make it? 

On the first part of the hill of doom did you pass 4 or 5 riders that didnt make it? 

:thumbsup: Granted, the first two pulled over to wait for the dust to settle, the other two were the cause of the dust......they didn't make it :lol:

10505288_10152451283875753_5081387441182554860_n Thornwood MX.jpg

I raced her at Thornwood MX, in Upstate NY

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406786709.810186.jpg

Sumo set up. Found on craigslist this am. Sun rims, Buch spokes on stock hubs. Track meats for now.