• Announcements

• Brian Wilson

Any iOS app devs in the house that can provide a little help?   10/17/2017

We've been working on a new native app build for TT using a 3rd party's code base.  If we have any apple devs in the house that can help me generate the proper adhoc certificates and load them up into x-code, please shoot me a PM.  I have the full source code of the test version of the app. I just need some help building the required certificates and installing them into the app via x-code.  Please shoot me a PM if you'd be willing to lend a hand. https://thumpertalk.com/messenger/compose/?to=2
2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,510 posts in this topic

I use to have one it gives you a WR traction map and a YZ speedster map. Just for the price of the switch.

Definitely not ripping on the idea or any form of cheap ingenuity.  I personally didn't see enough of a difference to wire a switch, but to each his own!  I've read about it here and thought it was amusing that MountainRider got the set up and removed it.

Maybe it wasn't wired right I tried it on and off and couldn't notice a difference. I could see that maybe on a really rainy day in the hills needing it but for me it doesn't make since but to each their own.

Maybe it wasn't wired right I tried it on and off and couldn't notice a difference. I could see that maybe on a really rainy day in the hills needing it but for me it doesn't make since but to each their own.

Did you kill the bike each time you tried to switch maps?

2014 WRR R.I.Pieces

2012 WR450F ECU, GYTR tuner, Yoshi RS4, MSR rad guards, Cycra Pros, and a growing wish list...

Did you kill the bike each time you tried to switch maps?

2014 WRR R.I.Pieces

2012 WR450F ECU, GYTR tuner, Yoshi RS4, MSR rad guards, Cycra Pros, and a growing wish list...

+ 1 you gotta kill the ignition to switch maps on a stocker.

I am now running a Vortex ignition with on the fly adjustable maps. But I seem to only leave it on the 06' YZ450 map. Go figure.

Ya I did I figured that you would have to switch maps and a little update after having the bike in the air over night the new rear tire wasn't holding air they pinched the tube so I took it down to the shop and they threw in a heavy duty tube and fixed it free of charge. Quick question for street use what psi should I run my tires at?

Ya I did I figured that you would have to switch maps and a little update after having the bike in the air over night the new rear tire wasn't holding air they pinched the tube so I took it down to the shop and they threw in a heavy duty tube and fixed it free of charge. Quick question for street use what psi should I run my tires at?

If your really running street I would do 28-32 PSI

I got the fan off of ebay, here's the link to that fan http://www.ebay.com/itm/301271670645?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT if you get the fan and wire it up and it is a pusher not a puller that is because the wires need to be switched around (know from experience). The switch I used to turn it on and off is  http://www.ebay.com/itm/141140656787?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT. The radiator guards I believe say Devol on them, I will check to see if I am right when I get home. What do you mean by adapt from another one?

Yes they are DeVol

Brought it home. Picked up a "used" 2014 WR450F from some local yamaha rep that had no use for it. Came with a bunch of stuff already fitted on and it only had 24 miles on it. i guess it was used for a display bike at a local Dealer. 

64633CCE-2C4B-4D3A-9326-31F28ADDFF60.jpg

ACC4451D-749F-4A75-BEFA-AE5FE1184D5F.jpg

3 people like this

I pulled it out to get it ready for this weekend.

I talked a little dirty to her , after all she is a dirty girl.

20140825_190243_RichtoneHDR_zpsrk9jnxzn.

2 people like this

Well I took care of the abysmal fuel range of my 2012 WR today and installed the 16ltr Safari Tank. This thing is huge to say the least. Checking and changing the oil has just become a lot harder too. Should be able to get at least 260km out of a fill.

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

Received my Yamaha FI Diagnostic tool from the Netherlands today.  Hooked her up and set my CO level to 8.

Dumped a new FI map on her.  Now just need to get out and give her a whirl on a local mountain!

I just finished converting to street/SM use with 17" wheels. I have been slowly working on this for too long. Just about time to put the off road wheels back on.

2013WR450F_zps725d3da4.jpg

1 person likes this

I pulled it out to get it ready for this weekend.

I talked a little dirty to her , after all she is a dirty girl.

20140825_190243_RichtoneHDR_zpsrk9jnxzn.

Man, that is a nice looking bike.

1 person likes this

Last night I did a neat mod to the left side drain plug hole where you tighten the plug bolt just enough to strip the case threads, and then drill it out and tap in some M10x1.25 threads and pretend like it never happened. Hey, at least both sides use the same size drain plug now. I really did it to streamline my parts supply on hand. Yeah, that's it.

3 people like this

Took some family photos.

I also discovered the Tubliss system (high pressure tube) on the front of my WR is leaking bad and doesn't hold air at all. I need to call tomorrow and find out if they have a warranty. It worked great last weekend up in the mountains on some nasty rocky and rooted trails.

IMAG0948.jpg

IMAG0951.jpg

IMAG0955.jpg

1 person likes this

Raced a local harescramble. Did decently and had a ton of fun. Good start, but quite a few guys got turned around behind me and cut nearly 3miles off the first loop so picking my way past people the first two laps really slowed my progress. Overall successful day. No broken bike or bones. 

• 35th out of 165 total
  • 8th out of 48 in overall B

3 people like this

Tore it down for suspension service , gold valve install , bearing re-grease, new chain , front sprocket , clutch cable and

20141014_213635-1_zpswxdfncsu.jpg

I might order up a Hot Cams exhaust cam ......  maybe/most likely ....  only thing I don't like is I just got the

jetting nailed down perfect and might have to mess with it again after the cam install . 

Can't wait for it to start raining here in Norcal .

2 people like this