What did you do to your WR today?

Well not really today, but I bought it on Sunday. So I'll count that.

-Airbox mod/clean and oil

-Grey wire

-New tyres & tubes

-General tidy up and maintenance

10646746_10153331588498908_1877263936315

I installed my seat concepts seats on my 08 and my 2012........ Way bad a$$. Just got home from work and there they were in the box

Went back to the Yamalink on my 09 450 and I like it I won't be riding too aggresive anymore I think......? I Like being able to tuch the ground with almost all my feet

I have a 2000 wr400 and I was wondering if I could use a yz400 tank and seat on it?

Tank

New tank and painted my rims. Full yz to wr frame swap

I have a 2000 wr400 and I was wondering if I could use a yz400 tank and seat on it?

Do so!

I had a '98 WR400F my buddy still(!) has a WR426F and we both loved the ergos of the YZ tank+seat combo.

The WR radiators are a little bit wider but still no offroad bike then had that slim a waist line,

not to metion the ease one can slide one's weight forward!

Edited by WRF-Rowdy

Trying to reduce the helmholz resonator's food :p

20150610_171314.jpg

Edited by WRF-Rowdy
AtomicGeo, on 19 May 2015 - 6:25 PM, said:

New Carbon Fiber Frame Guards on my 2014.  :thumbsup:

WP_20150519_001_zpsfwut9ls1.jpg

WP_20150519_004_zpsey3i5ot7.jpg

Hi Atomic, can you provide more info on the frame guards like brand, cost, and where to get?  And are they offered in any other material other than carbon fiber? Thanks!

Hi Atomic, can you provide more info on the frame guards like brand, cost, and where to get?  And are they offered in any other material other than carbon fiber? Thanks!

Their made by light speed and their pretty much a carbon only company.

Their made by light speed and their pretty much a carbon only company.

Correct. They were the only company I could Find that had some for the FI WRs.

Put in a timing chain with a home made roter pulley n sheeve holder .quit down the moter heaps ,who says the wrs are loud moters

Put in a timing chain with a home made roter pulley n sheeve holder .quit down the moter heaps ,who says the wrs are loud moters

My engine sounds like a bag of bolts. People tell me all the time that it sounds bad ahaha. 7 years and 12k later and it still sounds like its about to blow but it never has.

Time for a new rear tire. 

Got a full year out of this M5B, including several tune ups with a knobby knife.  It was my first time using a knobby knife and I now know to stay away from the bottom leading edge of the knobs.  Overall the KK worked really well.  The tire actually got better in snotty conditions as it wore down and I did more doctoring.  Notice that I cut the big middle knob in half.  I also cut some of the side knobs in half.  

This was the only missing knob and I abused this tire on rocky hill climbs several times.  Though most of our riding is on soft/wet forest, which is probably why it lasted as long as it did.  I would've kept running the tire if it wasn't for the missing knob. 

It still had decent traction.  Keeping the knobby edge sharp makes a huge difference in traction over a rounded edge.

I went with a 130 this time.  The old one was a 140.

20150615_224554.jpg

20150616_000112.jpg

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy

I installed my Una biker rad guards ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1434590130.618686.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1434590142.667146.jpg

new chain and sproks.

image.jpg

Bought an FMF Q4 muffler originally for an 06 yz450 for my 01 wr426 dont know if it even fits.

Hooray me! Worste case scenario i can resell it. Got it for $250 cdn used so it wasnt too bad.

20 mile ride today.  It was 85F at the truck.  Who knows how hot it was in the clearings where there was full sun and no wind.  90F ? 95F ?  We would have done the big loop but people were feeling the heat.

Started with 5 riders.  The guy with the dual sport bike couldn't keep up and was done 40 minutes in.  Another rider stayed with him.  That left me, the Gasgas 300 and the KTM 250 2t to play chase in the trees.  So much fun.

I managed to take a branch to the helmet and get it caught in my visor.  This knocked me off the bike, which then fell into a tree, which rotated the treebuster bar into my Magura clutch hydraulic line, damaging it.  By the end of the ride I had no clutch !

Did I mention how much fun this all was ?  I was easily keeping up with the Gasgas and the KTM, both ridden by experienced riders.  In fact, the KTM rider always wanted me to go ahead because I was following too close most of the time.

My WR works great with all the mods I've done to it.   It handles really well and the power is perfect for the trees.  I've got my rear suspension working great.  Changing the HS compression adjuster piston made a huge difference.  I need to tweak the forks with stiffer springs and  remove the bleed valve.

Quote of the day.  "Every time I see you climb another hill, I want a 4 stroke just a little bit more."

Up above the treeline on the ridge.

FullSizeRender.jpg

If you look across the valley you can see where the tree line is.   We started down in the valley.

Edit: FYI, no more overheating issues with the 2.1 bar rad cap.  This was my 3rd ride of the year, with lots of hill climbs, tight trees, etc.  No overheating.  The only time I've seen any steam was for 1 second at the top of a very big climb when the guy in front of me stalled and blocked the trail.  I had to come to a complete stop and wait until he cleared, then slip the clutch like crazy to get going again.  It steamed a tiny bit.  It was fine after that.  I don't run a rad fan and I've removed the boil over bottle.  I think the engine runs much cooler with the YZ exhaust cam.

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy

Pulled the boot off my clutch line and found the hydraulic line itself was fine.  The fitting going into the master cylinder came loose.   All it needs is bleeding.

Decided to get stator cover plugs aluminum finally and an oil filler cap. Got some gift cards to rockymountain so it was only 4 dollars with shipping

Got a good deal on a yz426 tank and seat for my WR400. Only $65 on Craigslist.

DSCN3367.jpg