2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,513 posts in this topic

Isn't the rotation the wrong way?

Are you talking about the tire on my SM wheel I just posted?... It's a Michelin Pilot Power 2CT and its mounted in the correct direction. I went out and double checked since I got scared there for a moment. :)

Edited by Kx250FRiDeR651

Are you talking about the tire on my SM wheel I just posted?... It's a Michelin Pilot Power 2CT and its mounted in the correct direction. I went out and double checked since I got scared there for a moment. :)

Are you shure? now when you drive the waterchannels on the tire will lead the water to the middle of the tire instead of away, and its not so fun to hydroplane the front tire.

but if the rotation arrow is rotating the right way i guess it has to be correct

Are you shure? now when you drive the waterchannels on the tire will lead the water to the middle of the tire instead of away, and its not so fun to hydroplane the front tire.

but if the rotation arrow is rotating the right way i guess it has to be correct

Yep I'm sure. (Directional marks) I'm not going to be riding in much water on summer tires anyways. It only rained like twice all this year in Southern California.

6FE8398B-A261-4DBE-8C1C-3D3BE246EFDB.jpg

Yep I'm sure. (Directional marks) I'm not going to be riding in much water on summer tires anyways. It only rained like twice all this year in Southern California. 6FE8398B-A261-4DBE-8C1C-3D3BE246EFDB.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, what wave rotors and hub are you running in that picture?

Also how did you manage to plate your wr in ca? I was just about to do the s.d. thing.

Thanks

Yep I'm sure. (Directional marks) I'm not going to be riding in much water on summer tires anyways. It only rained like twice all this year in Southern California.

6FE8398B-A261-4DBE-8C1C-3D3BE246EFDB.jpg

I need to move out of Sweden..

But its a really weird tire pattern for the rotation :) 

Nice looking wheel !

Installed the studs.  Went on a 25 mile ride. 

The studs worked awesome.  The rear suspension on my WR was way too frigging stiff in the cold.  I'll need to soften it up a bit for winter riding.

20151116_215034.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, what wave rotors and hub are you running in that picture?

Also how did you manage to plate your wr in ca? I was just about to do the s.d. thing.

Thanks

Just an EBC 320mm supermoto contour rotor kit. Comes with the caliper bracket. Was about $180. Wheels and hubs are Rad Mfg<p> And I was lucky to find a good dealer on the plate deal.

Edited by Kx250FRiDeR651

Float was stuck so my bike was pouring gas out the bowl, tilted the carb and pulled off the bowl. Got the float free again than put the bowl back on. Went rippin in the snow (just a couple inches) (first time riding a bike in the snow) I was riding too fast coming up to a corner with a fence in front off me and when I put on the brakes the bike slipped on the snow and I bailed off the bike. Clutch handle ended up breaking but other than that, nothing is wrong with me or the bike. Not the smoothest thing to do but you don't learn if you don't try. At least I broke the clutch now (in my own hard), not during one of my rides during the summer! ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1448143646.018379.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1448143709.120630.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1448143753.975251.jpg

Installed a BRP submount with a Scotts damper on my 2012 wr450. Cleen install, but I need to think about a longer clutch cable. The added 1in bar height increase has taken any slack out of the cable when I turn the bars left.

IMG_20151122_125412.jpg

IMG_20151122_125320.jpg

In preparation for the ride I did not end up going on today ,

yesterday I replaced my grips and fork seal protectors .

20151122_181154_zpseaohrkmz.jpg

20151120_192837_zpso286r80c.jpg

Might even find the time this week to install the new graphics , I know I don't really need them but I dig the 80's retro YZ look .

20151122_193129_zpsduptbmkd.jpg

Edited by still2smokin
3 people like this

Put my rear sprocket and rotor on the Cush hub, then was able to finally mount the rear wheel. Stock chain is way too long now with a 43t, so I took that off, but gunna wait til I put the 15t on so I can cut a new chain I got to correct length.

Still gotta get a turn signal and brake light kit so I can take it on the street. Baja designs kit is nice, but so damn pricey for what your getting. Also have some other things needing to go on, but everything's going slow with limited time to work on it.

E6D9947F-31BA-4649-900C-402C39952D64.jpg