• Announcements

• Brian Wilson

Any iOS app devs in the house that can provide a little help?   10/17/2017

We've been working on a new native app build for TT using a 3rd party's code base.  If we have any apple devs in the house that can help me generate the proper adhoc certificates and load them up into x-code, please shoot me a PM.  I have the full source code of the test version of the app. I just need some help building the required certificates and installing them into the app via x-code.  Please shoot me a PM if you'd be willing to lend a hand. https://thumpertalk.com/messenger/compose/?to=2
2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,511 posts in this topic

I imagined riding it today. I am going crazy not being able to ride. Been away at school and haven't ridden since october!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHGGGGGRRRRRR!!!!!!

cleaned out the spark arrestor and checked the packing. all good now.

oh ya, rode it saturday for about 4 hrs. now that was worth it.

seabass, my unibikers came with some teflon spacers just for that. i agree they were a bitch to put on but i just broke a left shroud this weekend with no rad damage!

I looked at it today and you could see the sadness in it's headlight.

I plan on flogging it mercylessly on fri though.

It took me about 4 hours to take everything apart. Now the chassis, swingarm, fork and clamps are on the way for black powder-coating and anodizing:ride:

I washed off 300 miles of Randsburg to Pioneer Town Desert off of her last night. Next is major service to get ready for the next time.

Looked at it. Sighed and made it a silent promise to ride it hard and put it away wet this weekend. Dunno about the wet part, not a lot of mud/rain here in the desert.

I got my hand gaurds! took forever, but I got them!:thumbsup:

100_0536.jpg

I had those handgaurds on one of my bikes. Pretty good. Not real stout but they flex instead of breaking. Just enough to keep branches and vines away from your hands.

I had those handgaurds on one of my bikes. Pretty good. Not real stout but they flex instead of breaking. Just enough to keep branches and vines away from your hands.

thats what I want em for :eek: glad to hear they are pretty good :thumbsup:

Hmmm, yeah.... baby.... First ride with the AIS back on. Got her all worked up, hot and dusty. Then just put her away. Sweet... not high maintenance like the other two in the garage,,,, sheesh...

Went out 15 min later and vented the shocks. Don't like it when they get all PUMPED up.

Bought it in Phoenix, flew myself down and stripped it small enough to fit in a mailbox or suitcase, sent it 4000 miles, flew myself home, waited for the mail, just finished bolting back together, saved $3500 in shipping.

Phoenix together

Tomsplace1130AM.jpg

Phoenix apart

TomsStripClub121AM.jpg

SuitcaseC1.jpg

Home apart

My2007WR450.jpg

Home together

Finishright.jpg

Took awhile to start ,sat all winter . Took a couple rides up and down the road. ah what the hell! took it in the woods , very soggy submerged in mud a quick blast through the creek and back in the garage. I will wait for it to dry up a little all I could think of was falling in the mud. some of the puddles are almost 2 ft deep

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By short450
      Very nice Rekluse Core EXP 3.0 Clutch that has been ran for about 40 - 50 hours.  The Core EXP 3.0 gives you the best of both worlds as it is fully automatic and allows you to operate it just like you would a manual clutch.  Was getting ready to install in a 2017 YZ250F so I wanted to freshen it up and bought a brand new EXP 3.0 Disc which has never been oiled up or installed.  Before getting time to install the clutch, I decided to sell the bike.  It fits a 2014 - 2018 Yamaha YZ250F. 
      ONLY $575 shipped anywhere in the lower U.S.
      Please call or text me at 801-362-8899.
      Thanks!  
    • By 27latemodel
      2006 Yamaha WR450 CA street legal, low hrs clean bike, desert tank and stock tank, FMF muffler 3800.00 obo
    • By Jake Gibson
      Hi guys I just did a top end rebuild on my 2004 yz450f and I inspected full motor, replaced the bottom end gaskets and seals, timing chain, cylinder, piston,rings, top end gaskets, valves, spark plug, and it ran fine fr about 15 hours besides a quiet ticking noise. I was put riding the other day and after about 6 hours of riding that day my buddy asked what my rev limiter sounds like and I said i don't know and I don't want to blow it up and he said it won't blow up so I started it up and pinned it to hear the rev limiter and I only held it open for one second and then it backfired and died. I tried to start it back up and the compression is extremely low. I can push kick it over with my hand easily. Pulled the head off and found some very small metal particles on the cams, timing was fine, and the top of the piston is ok, (haven't taken it out of the cylinder yet).... Anyone know what it could be??? 
    • By Romanian Tractor
      Made another YouTube clip of our last ride, thought I'd share with you all.  Cheers!

• By Justn1k
      Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I would like to ask for some advice regarding some upcoming motorcycle purchases. My parents are in the process of purchasing a mountain cabin here in Colorado (Redfeather lakes) some time soon. The cabin is surrounded by dirt roads and trails so they intend to buy several dirt bikes for me as well as my younger brother and sister to put around on while we are staying up there. I would like to ask for some advice/ suggestions regarding which motorcycles would be the best choice for me (my younger siblings as well). So, I have a few years of dirtbike-riding experience on a crf100, but that is it. I haven't ridden one in a long time though I do have a sport bike which I ride a lot now.  I have an affinity for two-strokes and would love to pick one up. There are several nice older ktm 300 exc's on craigslist for around 3,000 dollars , as well as several yz250s in a simlar price range. I would love to have the ktm, but I am afraid that the maintenance cost will be very high despite it being a two stroke. The yz is a motocross bike but I hear that they can work as a trail bike. There is even one nice looking kdx 220 that I have my eye on (My friend says that its the greatest trail bike ever made. Is that true?). Would any of those be preferable to another, and come someone touch on the maintenance costs of those bikes (replacing top ends and such?)? There is always the option of a four stroke as well and I guess there are a lot more options there, though as i said I would prefer a two stroke. I saw a few nice xr400s, some crf450x's (is that overkill?), a REALLY nice klx 300 (my dad had one of these), some others also. Basically, can someone chime in on what would be the best bike to get? Does this all just boil down to preference? Basically I am just looking for a reliable, fairly powerful bike that I could pick up for a few grand and is preferably 2 stroke but doesn't have to be. Thanks!