• Announcements

• Brian Wilson

Any iOS app devs in the house that can provide a little help?   10/17/2017

We've been working on a new native app build for TT using a 3rd party's code base.  If we have any apple devs in the house that can help me generate the proper adhoc certificates and load them up into x-code, please shoot me a PM.  I have the full source code of the test version of the app. I just need some help building the required certificates and installing them into the app via x-code.  Please shoot me a PM if you'd be willing to lend a hand. https://thumpertalk.com/messenger/compose/?to=2
2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,510 posts in this topic

I paid way too much! First I bought a set of 08 forks for about 700$ and, realized I need the 07s for every thing to work right. Luckily I found a kid to trade for his 07 forks. I know that I paid allot of money but, YZ forks RIP on a WR...You should be able to find a set for about 3 to 4 hundred $..

Thats about what it is going to cost me to respring and revalve mine. What about your lower covers? Do they match up on mount holes? With the speedo cable looms in them I was wondering if there was going to be any "Rodent Engineering".

Thats about what it is going to cost me to respring and revalve mine. What about your lower covers? Do they match up on mount holes? With the speedo cable looms in them I was wondering if there was going to be any "Rodent Engineering".

I'm pretty sure the 08 YZ forks will work! The down side is that you need to buy the 08 brake rotor, fork guards, axle and, spacers that's it I think.:thumbsup:

If you get 07 or older forks everything lines up even the odo! That was the biggest loss for me with 08 forks is you cant use the odo! It seems like a no brain-er to get the 07 forks...:thumbsup:

added a G2 Erognomics aluminum quick turn throttle tube and went out to the track... that throttle system rules! my bike rips now without me even trying...lol.

I really want a G2 throttle like you just bought Red

My bike is running so good right now I think the quickie turn throttle would help lots

I installed a YZ cam today

And I installed the little aluminum block off plug that came on my 04 where the compression release cable went into on the older bikes.

These motors are made for this cam. Trying to detune a full race motor to WR specs in my opinion doesnt just slow it and make it easier to ride, it make it run like crap. My bike sounds so sweet and is so responsive right now.Pipe, Oring,now this cam,Im diggin this big bike.All this and street legal too.

Yamaha should just install a slow turn throttle on a YZ if they want a tractable bike for off road

I really want a G2 throttle like you just bought Red

My bike is running so good right now I think the quickie turn throttle would help lots

yeah... it really helps cause after you do the throttle screw swap there is to much pull.

Today I: Checked the valves and after 8000 miles, the are still in spec!!! oh and then i warmed it up and did a quick 1 mile loop around the neighborhood :thumbsup:

Side Note: My dads wr's valves were still in spec after about 8000 miles as well :thumbsup:

Today I: Checked the valves and after 8000 miles, the are still in spec!!! oh and then i warmed it up and did a quick 1 mile loop around the neighborhood :confused:

Side Note: My dads wr's valves were still in spec after about 8000 miles as well :thumbsup:

OT here, but that Baja trip you took with your dad was way cool:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Great report and everlasting memories.

I'd love to do something like that with my 20 year old. If you plan on doing it again let me know....an all WR trip!

Studded my track

Track7.jpg

Studs1.jpg

Popped it on the 450

Workshop1.jpg

Workshop3.jpg

Workshop5.jpg

and tested it out.

Track6.jpg

Track2.jpg

It worked great in the powder

Track4.jpg

but the airbox was a little overwhelmed and needed a cleaning

Airbox3.jpg

That was after the cleaning, this is what it looked like when I opened the hatch, and it was still running, a little rough, but running.:thumbsup:

Airbox1.jpg

Frosty................that is a TRICK set up...............glad to see you can still ride through deep powder.............:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sorry forgot to add............I installed my brake light switch today............Very easy install...........two wires and a little brake bleeedin.....very tempted to ride it tonight to see what the local cops dooooooooo.............:confused:

Replaced shock spring with 5.8 rate. Doing forks tomorrow with .48. Felt GREAT after my test ride. Also put anti-seize on almost every bolt on the subframe and rear brake (Working my way forward). Probably overkill but I'm tire of stripping screws and bolts!