2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,514 posts in this topic

Put the first 1000km on my 06 450 did the free mods and took her out for a spin... Its like I bought a new bike!!!

I took mine out and crashed it 5 miles into a 30+ mile poker run. What a pain to ride with the forks twisted in the clamps.

Steve

0818082119.jpg

Installed new Flatland Radiator Guards. Went pretty smooth minus a little struggle on shaving the shrouds. Took a little trail and error to get it to fit well. Probably work better if I had a nice dremmel instead of a box knife.

Also, i installed new rear turn signals, and added some extra protection (little plates if i ever bottom out.

The problem is my turn signals usually break at the post from all the vibrations off-road. On the street, these things last forever. This time, i added quick disconnect terminals, so i can remove them on long dirt rides or the track.

DavesWR450summer08modspic005Medium.jpg

Ok, the final thing i did was purchase a spare wheel and mounted a paddle tire for the dunes (Pismo/Dumont/Glamis). This was a final fitment test, and it's true, a 2003 YZ450 wheel will fit a 2004 WR450 no problem. I wonder how the gearing will be with a YZ 48 tooth sprocket instead of my 50 tooth on the WR.

DavesWR450summer08modspic006Medium.jpg

DavesWR450summer08modspic007Medium.jpg

DavesWR450summer08modspic008Medium.jpg

I changed the oil and filter, relubed the chain and cleaned the air filter. Checked the air pressure in the tires, resealed the forks and got ready for a trip to Colorado to ride in the mountains.

I re-aligned the fork and pulled the clutch to see how bad it was. I think I will be able to get a couple more rides out of it but it looks like I'm going to be looking into getting a new clutch soon.

Steve

Put a 07 yz rear spring on,made the seat 8 inches wide,power bomb header,08 yz muffler,rejet the main.Living and riding in baja some times 4-6 day rides.Bike needs to be right

You can call me crazy, but I removed all my lighting, kick stand, DOT legal knobbies, turn signals, and license plate because I'm planning on riding some MX for a while, I can have it all back on and street legal again in a couple hours. Oh, I also put on a Two Brothers slip on but quickly found out the YZ 450F slip on doesn't work with the WR header pipe, bummer, so I've got an FMF Powercore on it's way instead. Darn misinformation websites.:thumbsup:

mywryz.jpg

^^^damn thats a nice tire.

Hopefully I can milk mine until the rainy season. I'd hate to put fresh rubber on the back with the crappy conditions we have right now it'll just chew it up.

Today I just looked at it. Got a day off tomorrow so I'm probably gonna give it the full spa treatment. Bath, detail, chain lube, air filter, oil change