What did you do to your WR today?

Finally got around to cleaning my wheels and putting my rim stripes on. Also got my new Acerbis Evo front fender.

Here are some more photos.

DSC07358_small.jpg

That is so F’in awesome! :thumbsup:

Iron Man sprockets all around with new chain and new Galfer brake rotor.

Ken very nice! however i think a picture is required!:thumbsup:

Ken very nice! however i think a picture is required!:thumbsup:

You caught me:busted: I am going to a 49 in the rear (I know, not a big change) but I decided not to put them on last night as the ride I am doing on Sunday is a bit more rocky/technical. Thought I would wait until I get back. Pictures when completed:thumbsup:

You caught me:busted: I am going to a 49 in the rear (I know, not a big change) but I decided not to put them on last night as the ride I am doing on Sunday is a bit more rocky/technical. Thought I would wait until I get back. Pictures when completed:thumbsup:

sounds good i look forward to see'n em...btw...what gearing are you running now?

since im dual sporting and what not, i am running a 14-50 and besides being a little short on the highway (50 mph cruising) i love the low end torque...:thumbsup:

sounds good i look forward to see'n em...btw...what gearing are you running now?

since im dual sporting and what not, i am running a 14-50 and besides being a little short on the highway (50 mph cruising) i love the low end torque...:thumbsup:

I'm just running stock 13/50 at the moment. When I went to order the sprockets from Dirttricks (great customer service btw and are the mfg of them) they had run out of the 50 so I went with the 49. Thought about going to a 48 but I don't ride mine too much on the highway. Definatley no freeways and I don't care what gearing I have, I won't.:p

Installed the TT AIS removal kit on my '07. Will start it up tonight to see if the popping is gone, if not time to jet!

That is so F’in awesome! :thumbsup:

Cheers man, I thought it turned out pretty good too.

Put a Acerbis 3.3 on it. Perfect fit just need a new plug tomorrow, and then I will button her down. Some new (stock looking) tank graphics and were done for now.

Pulled the swingarm off .Removed all the linkages for thorough greasing tomorrow.

I put her up for sale :p:thumbsup:

Pulled the swingarm off .Removed all the linkages for thorough greasing tomorrow.

O.K. .Found siezed and rusted bearings inside . I feel better already!

Found some ice too. Bent up the shifter, carb choke:jawdrop: and new fastway footpeg:foul:

P1170023.jpg

P1170025.jpg

Took her for a 2 day ride up in Gorman. Perfect weather for riding! Tomorrow clean her up, oil change etc!

Cheers man, I thought it turned out pretty good too.

I agree.Your bike is SWEET! :thumbsup:

Wrapped the head pipe with insulation.

i brought this 1998 wr 400 a couple of month's ago now for £700 and she was looking a bit tatty

befor pics

DSCF1204.jpg

since owning it ive repainted the frame, greased all the bearing's, brought new plastics and sticker kit retrimmed the seat, done the free mods and loads of other bit's ohh and of course thrashed her and enjoyed every minute of it....

after pics

DSCF1270.jpg

DSCF1265.jpg

Re-routed Carby breather tubes to airbox :thumbsup:

Rebuilding my engine. Put a new piston in, dropped a new cyl on, replaced the cam chain and put in a bigger main jet. Cleaned the carb and checked it out.

Wrapped the head pipe with insulation.

Do you use regular header wrap or a special brand for dirt bike pipes?

Went riding today on some trails with my son. First time taking the WR450 out and getting out of 1st gear.

Had a blast with my son. He climbed some pretty steep trails his TTR-50. This was his first time on trails. He was timid at first but he loved riding after he climbed his first hill.

The WR450 was easy to ride. No need to haul butt everywhere so we just had fun riding. The WR climbs hills easily. No need to rev the bike to the rev limiter for torque up the hills. I'm not sure who had more fun, me or my son.