What did you do to your WR today?

Got it washed from my New Years trip. Serviced all the minis for the next trip, and spent the rest of the day figuring out how to straighten my tweaked sub-frame.:lol:

Was that from your spill I suppose?

I upgraded my cockpit

wr450cockpit002.jpg

I hopped on mine, whooped on it all day and then parked it in my garage.

Was that from your spill I suppose?

Yeah, the fender is about 1 inch to the left off center. I am going to try to block the bike and pull the whole sub-frame over. If all else fails, I'll just buy a sub-frame when I order the front master cylinder. I haven't looked at prices yet, kind of afraid to.

Krannie nice risers, what brand are those? Also I raced my first desert race and won first in my class. Took front forks into precision concepts for valving and springs, hope the rear is tolerable now. I love this bike.

I installed my new cycra handguards & Maxxis Desert IT tires:

IMG_0226.jpg

then I loaded up & headed for a ride, but on the 405 downhill, the following happened, causing me to swerve on the rim to the side of the freeway:

IMG_0238.jpg

So I unloaded everything on the side of CAlifornia's busiest freeway & changed the wheel. I never made it to my ride after this:

IMG_0239.jpg

Just curiuos. Is there a reason you didn’t go with the pro-bend line?

Krannie nice risers, what brand are those? Also I raced my first desert race and won first in my class. Took front forks into precision concepts for valving and springs, hope the rear is tolerable now. I love this bike.

Tag risers from the TT store.

Yeah, the fender is about 1 inch to the left off center. I am going to try to block the bike and pull the whole sub-frame over. If all else fails, I'll just buy a sub-frame when I order the front master cylinder. I haven't looked at prices yet, kind of afraid to.

What year bike is it?

I just replaced the subframe on my 07' cause I broke it trying to straighten it. I lucked out and found one on e-bay from a parted out zero hour 07'... lucked out on the auction and got it for $27.00 :lol:

My sponsor, (Yamaha dealer here in WA), was offering it to me for $238:smirk:

Checkout "keepitroostin" on e-bay they have a subframe right now for a steel framed WR I think.

I used a frame straightening tool with the subframe on the bike and ended up breaking mine. My advice if you straighten it is to remove it from the bike first and try to build some sort of jig or block as you described on the work bench. Good luck:ride:

What year bike is it?

I just replaced the subframe on my 07' cause I broke it trying to straighten it. I lucked out and found one on e-bay from a parted out zero hour 07'... lucked out on the auction and got it for $27.00 :lol:

My sponsor, (Yamaha dealer here in WA), was offering it to me for $238:smirk:

Checkout "keepitroostin" on e-bay they have a subframe right now for a steel framed WR I think.

I used a frame straightening tool with the subframe on the bike and ended up breaking mine. My advice if you straighten it is to remove it from the bike first and try to build some sort of jig or block as you described on the work bench. Good luck:ride:

Mine is an 07 also. I saw the retail price for a subframe, and decided I would give straightening it a try. I also just discovered that I took out my left side cover on the same get off. It is dented and cracked, so I am hoping to just weld it. Crashing sure is expensive.

Mine is an 07 also. I saw the retail price for a subframe, and decided I would give straightening it a try. I also just discovered that I took out my left side cover on the same get off. It is dented and cracked, so I am hoping to just weld it. Crashing sure is expensive.

Factor in surgery and yeah it adds up:banghead:

I delaced my wheels, had the hubs powder coated, and the rims anodized :worthy:

Then I laced 'em back up, trued up the wheels, and wrassled my tires back on. Got $70 +few hours labor in it. :lol:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=72055

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=72056

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=72057

just got a 05 wr450, today i installed a ais removal kit, new plug, oil, metal filter w/ billet cover, no toil air cleaner, and grey wire mod. looking at doing exhaust mods, who do you guys reccomend for a slip on?

who do you guys reccomend for a slip on?

Dr. D slip on from www.qualitysmart.com they have the best price, great customer service and super fast shipping...not to mention you will get some great bottom to mid range power from the Dr. D :lol:

you get this for 306 bucks and free shipping!!!

drd_d-style.jpg

any one know if i can make any stock mods?

any one know if i can make any stock mods?

Ummmm what year bike?:lol:

just got a 05 wr450, today i installed a ais removal kit, new plug, oil, metal filter w/ billet cover, no toil air cleaner, and grey wire mod. looking at doing exhaust mods, who do you guys reccomend for a slip on?

Leo Vince :lol:

I saw the weep hole leaking so I just parked it... again.

I delaced my wheels, had the hubs powder coated, and the rims anodized :worthy:

Then I laced 'em back up, trued up the wheels, and wrassled my tires back on. Got $70 +few hours labor in it. :lol:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=72055

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=72056

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=72057

Good stuff.

I took old Betsy out today, suffered the 35 degree temperatures, flogged her through a LOT of mud and said to myself, "this is the best damn $1200 I ever spent". (ok, I added the hand guards, new tires and a larger tank). Still, fantastic purchase in my mind.

2001 WR 426

WR426.jpg

I dropped my '07 WR off at Zip Ty Racing to get my motor rebuilt. Racing with an oil leak is friggin AWESOME!!!:lol: