2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,514 posts in this topic

In the last two weeks I've had the valves ajusted and a teraflex 150/90/18 (at the shop).

At home installed rekluse pro,water pump, handgards ready to go

p1040277pl5.jpg

w640.png

p1040284xq1.jpg

w640.png

I took mine for a good ride, nasty muddy, rocky, rutted, snowed-in terrain. The wr did really good.

just got a 05 wr450, today i installed a ais removal kit, new plug, oil, metal filter w/ billet cover, no toil air cleaner, and grey wire mod. looking at doing exhaust mods, who do you guys reccomend for a slip on?

If you want to go the cheap route, buy a used (or new) yzf slip on. You'd be surprised at how much of a difference it will make. I got mine on ebay for like $20 with about an hour of ride time on it. The yzf guys sometimes sell them after they get aftermarket exhaust for thier bikes.

Austin

greetings. nice 'zorst and header. I see your wr is plated, but appears to have no indicators, mirrors etc. How did you manage that? btw Uk & 07 wr here.

thanks man.

eta, swapped over the impeller oil seals.

greetings. nice 'zorst and header. I see your wr is plated, but appears to have no indicators, mirrors etc. How did you manage that? btw Uk & 07 wr here.

I'm from ontario and what i needed for a safety was headlight, tail light, brake light, horn, mirror, and DOT approved tires. I bought a bicycle horn from canadian tire for 2 bucks and bought a bicycle mirror that i could velcro on. I had regular dirt tires on, so i used my dremel to grind off where it said "not for highway use" and it passed. No need for signals, and after i wiped out a few times, the mirror and horn busted and i haven't put them back on, no issues so far.

thanks man.

eta, swapped over the impeller oil seals.

Cheers man, runs much quicker with it on!

I just asked for bare minimum requirements at the dealers and thats is how I got, it is legal cos I have bin stopped many times?

As for the impeller seals? is this a common fault?

I don't know if i could live with having a yellow yamaha. That's heavy duty.

They were yellow and black before they went blue......:lol:

They were yellow and black before they went blue......:lol:

And they where a variety of fabulous colors in between.

Steve

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By aminem
      I have never ridden 2t dirt-bike , i start my dirt bike adventure this year with a 4t yz450 and i love this sport. now am interested to test 2t cross and want to use it for enduro and MX. are this bikes ( yz250) good for both enduro and MX use !? i heard that yz250 is the same from 2006 up to 2016 and have no change . what about honda cr250r !? which year and model of this two brand worth owning !?
    • By Gearhead20
      Hey guys,
      Im looking to buy a new Yamaha 2 stroke within the next couple weeks but i cant decide whether i would be happier with the 2018 yz 250 or the 2018 yz250x. Heres my riding background. Ive been riding for 15 years, I raced in the A class for 5 years until money got tight and i gave up racing all together. Since i then I realized how much fun single track riding is and just free riding with the buddies. I still occasionally ride tracks but about 80% of my riding is trails. I live in Michigan and if you have ever ridden in Michigan then you know the trails can get as rough as a motocross track. My local trails have sand whoops that i would compare to
      REDD-BUUUDDDS sand whoops.
      Ive never owned a "trail" bike ive always taken my race bikes and made them into "trail" bikes. My last bike being a Yz125. 
      That being said i know all the mechanical and technical differences between the 2 bikes. Im a bit worried that the 250x just wont have the racey feel when im riding. Im also worried then when i do take it to the track the suspension will be a bit soft and the mellow hitting powerband will not allow me to seat bounce the big whoops. But now the standard yz250 might not have enough low end to help me skate through wet black slick dirt and the suspension might be a little to "non responsive" per say in studder bumps. Can you guys give me any sort of guidance. 
      If you would like to check out my riding style on YouTube check out : "Yz125 2 stroke Shredding Michigan Enduro Trails."
      Thanks Guys
    • By cfunk713
      2016 yamaha yz 450f, yoshi pipe, rekluse clutch, renthal twin wall bars, renthal chain and sprockets not installed still has stock chain and sprocket that's how little its been riden, boysen super cooler pump, wc radiator guards, pc lowering link.
    • By Caleb Kittrell
      I just bought a 2005 YZ 125 with a ported cylinder & a decked head. I am a trail rider, I do not race. What are my service intervals for top-end rebuild? What brand do you recommend?
    • By nluni0330
      I am selling my California Plated YZ426F. This bike is very rare because there are not many CA plated YZ426F's and it is in great condition. The bike has been garaged and well maintained. The bike was just serviced and completely gone through. White Brothers Exhaust/spark arrester, Pro Taper handle bars, steering stabilizer.

New kickstand, new graphics, new fenders, new LED headlight and turn signals. Front and rear shocks have been serviced by ESP. The bike starts right up and runs well. I have a desert tank, paddle tire, stator, turn signals and other original parts I will include with this purchase. Title in hand. Best way to reach me is by email. Second best way is by text. $3400 OBO