What did you do to your WR today?

I installed some mud on my license plate today (okay, it was really yesterday)

3360630230_1248883a4f_o.jpg

Installed an 09 full yzf system with PMB sparky. Huge improvement to the mid and high range. Got it cheap from a fellow TTr.

051.jpg

053.jpg

I can tell your from Colorado based on the licence plate of the KTM. F you you f'n f. My buddy lives in Breck and has a bumper sticker on his car the reads something like F U U F'N F when you leave take someone with you. I believe it has something to to with tourons!

I installed some mud on my license plate today (okay, it was really yesterday)

3360630230_1248883a4f_o.jpg

Arrrgh?! Don't get a Edlebrock! Very cheap metal, short life, difficult to tune for top and bottom at the same time. Go FCR or Mik 44

A new slide now costs $128, and seems to be a limited life object. I want simple, easy to start, stays running at stoplights while cold, dualsport reliability. I won't throw out the other yet, but I was discouraged at the reports of metal flying into your engine everytime the slide cracks on the FCR.

I can tell your from Colorado based on the licence plate of the KTM. F you you f'n f. My buddy lives in Breck and has a bumper sticker on his car the reads something like F U U F'N F when you leave take someone with you. I believe it has something to to with tourons!

The guys I rode with were from ADV rider. FYYFF is a recurrant theme over there. But you're right about the touron thing. Everyone who's lived here for more than a year puts a "Colorado Native" sticker on their bumper and tells everyone else to get out. But I don't mind sharing the place with the Texans; They're funny and they know how to cuss. But they're a bit slow to ride with.

I installed a GPR V2 stabilizer on my 426.

3349811019_ee4a157494_o.jpg

The fit is very tight. I had to grind off a small portion of the collar for the pin. I also had to grind a reasonable amount of platic off the dip stick head so I could get it out. Between the sabilizer and the tank it is very hard to get to the dip stick.

3349810929_f4a0c3549a_o.jpg

With the tall bar mounts and my Zeta ATV hi-bars I think I have the tallest bars around. They're like ape hangers. They are perfect when standing up. It took a little while to get used to them sitting down, but after two rides I don't notice any more.

3350638246_a16cf651f1_o.jpg

I installed the Hot Cams intake/exhaust cams in my 01 426. Fired it up, broke it in per their instructions and man does this thing pull!

Now, I need to rejet!

I went riding today with some friends and found the limits of the stock suspension....well, the bottoming limits since I'm way too heavy for the springs. Hit some trails and jumps. Lots of loose sand though. I did my first water crossing! I got soaked. I need to learn to keep steady throttle and not attack the water...lol. It was fun though. :-)

I love the bike though. It's great to just putt around on real tight single track in first without fear of fouling a plug.

Going to have to invest in a good all around rear tire real soon, and a graphics kit to make the WR pretty again.

I went riding today with some friends and found the limits of the stock suspension....well, the bottoming limits since I'm way too heavy for the springs. Hit some trails and jumps. Lots of loose sand though. I did my first water crossing! I got soaked. I need to learn to keep steady throttle and not attack the water...lol. It was fun though. :-)

I love the bike though. It's great to just putt around on real tight single track in first without fear of fouling a plug.

Going to have to invest in a good all around rear tire real soon, and a graphics kit to make the WR pretty again.

Have the suspension done for your weight and riding style as well as get a steering stabilizer. The difference will be nothing short of amazing.:)

what is the advantage of a steeling stabilizer?

what is the advantage of a steeling stabilizer?

Whenever your front wheel gets knocked off center by rocks or stumps or sand washes or whatever, it reduces the amount of side to side travel, making your bike track straighter. Huge, huge difference especially at speed. Do a search on here for the Scotts stabilizer or GPR stabilizer and you'll see what I mean.

I changed the oil and filter this morning. Put in Mobil1 and new filter. Skipped my son's baseball practice to go riding.

Worked on taking right hand turns as it seems I'm more comfortable going left than I am right. So I made myself turn right all day.

I hit some good whoops and jumps again. I thought the bike felt different today. The brakes are all spongy and the suspension just doesn't feel right. After riding, I loaded the bike onto the trailer and took all my gear off. I went to tie the WR down and saw a puddle of oil under the front brake caliper.

It looks like the rubber brake line that goes into the steel part near the caliper is leaking. Washed the bike and put it on the stand in the garage.

It wasn't the caliper or brake line leaking. I blew out the left fork seal and it was leaking right onto the caliper.

So, it's off to ProAction Suspension on Tuesday for the correct springs (.479 or equivalent) and new seals and oil. Probably get a rear shock spring at the same time. I'd love to get the ProAction Valving done but don't have the $$.

Still had a great time. 75 degrees and sunny, yeah, I'm going riding! :-)

I put the rear wheel back on the bike :thumbsup: The suspension is good to go :usa:

Looking to polish the header tomorrow because bling is cool :lol:

Finished putting my son's bike back together (WR 250) after his loop out, new bars, rebuild damper, new number plate and light, new top clamp, JB welded cracked computer housing and realigned front end. Ouch.:thumbsup: Not always good to be bank of Dad.:lol::usa:

Just got a set of DNA wheels, black rims with blue hubs. Will post pictures when on the bike ('05 450). Sweet!!!

New Moose Chain, rear sproket (50), sproket bolts, front sproket (15), new swingarm rub strip.

Set the sag with new spring. Just sitting on it in the garage it feels worlds better than the stock spring with all that preload I had cranked into it. This thing is gonna be fun...not that it wasn't fun already. :thumbsup:

Set the sag with new spring.

Joe did you do springs in the front too or just the rear?

Both ends.

Both ends.

So, how difficult was it to swap the shock spring? Piece of cake?