What did you do to your WR today?

Tested the mods I did last week!!! Holy $!it what a difference!!!:excuseme: Just did grey wire and throttle stop to .980.

Now if I could only match my ability to the bike!!!

Removed old fender and Q silencer.

081.jpg

Added new YZ fender, UFO plate holder, DRC blinkers and Q4

078.jpg

080.jpg

just this rainy sunday morning

in the trails:ride:

Image046-1.jpg

Image047-1.jpg

and on the wet pave :doh:

Image051.jpg

I had to change the spring rate, so why not get a jazzy one? :snore:

Installed a Factory Connection "Works" metallic shock spring and "Works" preload adjuster. :doh:

The pictures came out crappy. Here are FC's stock images until I can redo them:

blueSpring.jpg

Works_preload_ComboTall.jpg

I just added the graphics and seat cover this morning. What do you guys think?

newgraphics.jpg

I had to change the spring rate, so why not get a jazzy one? :lol:

Installed a Factory Connection "Works" metallic shock spring and "Works" preload adjuster. :doh:

The pictures came out crappy. Here are FC's stock images until I can redo them:

blueSpring.jpg

Works_preload_ComboTall.jpg

Nothing wrong with a little bling! :snore:

I just added the graphics and seat cover this morning. What do you guys think?

newgraphics.jpg

Sweeeet! Nice job! :doh:

Removed old fender and Q silencer.

081.jpg

Added new YZ fender, UFO plate holder, DRC blinkers and Q4

078.jpg

080.jpg

Jeez black rims look magic. Great looking bike.

Raced mine to a 14th place finish (of 36) in a 100 KM cross country...80 KM of which were with no front brake! BIG downhills!

0517091715-00.jpg

-Rick

Good Job! Looks like you had some fun!:doh:

Raced mine to a 14th place finish (of 36) in a 100 KM cross country...80 KM of which were with no front brake! BIG downhills!

0517091715-00.jpg

-Rick

Put on some UFO black sidepanels for Dual Sporting (when I don't want my numberplates :doh: ) this week

bigrooster020.jpg

bigrooster013.jpg

bigrooster016.jpg

And A GYTR rear master cylinder guard

bigrooster022.jpg

Then went racing this weekend

bigrooster068.jpg

bigrooster103.jpg

unplugged the gray wire and worked on my track.

Threw some white plastics on my WR450F today. Didn't turn out too bad i reckon.. :doh: Bit scared to go scratch it now!

PqmLP89.jpg

Threw some white plastics on my WR450F today. Didn't turn out too bad i reckon.. :banana: Bit scared to go scratch it now!

PqmLP89.jpg

Very nice mate! :doh::snore::lol:

Swapped the stock .460 springs to FC .480's. Did them on the bike - which is kinda of a PITA since you have to compress the forks a bit in order to get the cap up far enough to unscrew the jam nut...

Oh, and don't let go of the piston when pulling the spring up because it will drop into the fork tube and will need some fishing out done... :snore:

Installed some white Cycra Stealth DX hand guards. These are the "good" ones with aluminum brackets so they don't dance around and vibrate like strings when you're riding like the composite (yuck!) brackets do. Plus, the brackets are a little thinner so the front brake lever is a lot closer to where it should be located. :doh:

And lastly, set the sag. Used the SagMaster that I picked up from RaceTech. Thanks Michelle! :lol:

Got my new (to me) wr450 back from the shop, finally. Vacuum port leaking from teh AIS removal was apparently causing the over rich pilot ckt condition. Never would have found that so glad I turned Italian (surrendered) on it. Sorry to all those of Italian descent. Truly.

Ya know, Sito, that's just inviting a comment about The Alamo... lol :doh:

I prepaired mine for surgery, first thing was a good clean up.

526808138_Epiwg-L.jpg

Well....... it wasn't surgery in the end, probs getting the parts in time.

More like a check up.

I fitted the YZ cams and the rear shock, both worked out well. The cams do make a slight improvement in power, combined with the JD jetting kit. The YZ rear shock is better for hard trail riding than the standard WR.

Its now ready for a 700 k extreme trail ride in a couple of weeks and a 500 k desert race in August.

543620190_eVpR2-L.jpg

Replaced the stock springs for race tech 5.8 rear and 48 front rebuilt the forks while i was at it, new seal, bushings etc. Took it out for 20 mile trail ride and tried to figure out why I didn't change out the springs along time ago.:crazy:

Well worth the time and money, what a difference.

Ordered in:

Oil Filter

Seal guard

Washer plates

Overflow coolant Cap

Then started polishing for the weekend.

Bring on the mud!