2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,518 posts in this topic

Well, I bought it yesterday. Today I gave it a hell of a bath!

I'm sure I'll have some questions for you all :busted:

Before:

before.jpg

IMG_4499.jpg

It was dark when I finished so I didn't get any closeups. Here is a quick snapshot of it aftwerwards in her "street clothes".

IMG_4516.jpg

i pushed mine out of the garage so I could dig out the XR400 to sell to some guy here on thumpertalk

Why are you second guessing, ...............

Stock jetting means overheating. Cutting open your air box only, would make it even leaner, and even hotter.

Thanks Krannie. That was what I needed to hear. You just verified what I already knew.

I waited in line at DMV:bonk: and the nice ladie gave me some shiny new MC plates! no questions asked:worthy:

u obviously dont live in cali... the DMV is nice to you in other states? i would have never known!

-nic

u obviously dont live in cali... the DMV is nice to you in other states? i would have never known!

-nic

Not in your neighbor (read copycat) state either!!!

I replaced the fork seals, changed the oil, cleaned the air filter, put on a new front tire, replaced the plug, cut my old front fender to keep it from shaking past 55 and manged to strip out the lower hex bolt on the oil filter plate :busted:

7423_648482214838_55715550_37814507_6163219_n.jpg

where is the best place to order smog plug kit?

The TT Store, of course!!! :busted:

Your local stealer (erm, dealer) might have one as well. I personally used the GYTR kit because I'm familiar with it. Both do essentially the same thing.

BTW, I started my 450 yesterday and I have crap gas now...

Serves me right for letting it sit for a bit whilst I worked on other stuff. :thumbsup:

BTW, I started my 450 yesterday and I have crap gas now...

Serves me right for letting it sit for a bit whilst I worked on other stuff. :busted:

You really should consider running either fuel stabilizer or octane booster with fuel stabilizing capabilities.

I put maxima hi-test in my gas and have never had a problem. This year alon I've gone months at a time without even touching it and its always started and ran like normal even with old gas in the float bowl (I know I know :thumbsup:).

manged to strip out the lower hex bolt on the oil filter plate

I did that a few weeks ago. i took it to my usual mechanic and it cost me 75 bucks.

that blacked out wr looks real nice.

I took mine to st anthony sand dunes today, it was rad until my friends yz125 blew up (again). I ended up using a tow strap to pull him back. yep i put a tow package on the wr oh yeah. it was sketchy, so tired nap time.

Quick headlight change.

The old had me bored with the oldschool square style. I must admit, I have never liked Allien Cap but it sure has grown on me.

Before

Photo-0049.jpg

After

alliencap.jpg

new plastics White:)

wr450f.jpg

What kind of front number plate will work with the odometer? I want to take off the front light for a whilre!