What did you do to your WR today?

Forgot I replace the hot start from the cable to the carb completely. It's still sticky though.

What sucked about the wheel bearings? Haven't done mine yet, any tips / tricks you learned?

Mark

Over the last couple of days...

New set of dunlops. New front wheel bearings (that sucked). New mylers radiators. They are awesome. New Unabiker guards. Replaced timing chain. Engine is much quieter now. Cam cap bolt came out with the threads attached!!!. Fixed that. Found out that the '03 and the '04 use a different flywheel puller. that sucked. New Pro taper woods high and pro taper upper triple.

Set it for YZ timing. Wouldn't start. Oh yeah, turns out this was actually an '03 bike. Fixed that.

Ran it about 40 miles and didn't take a soil sample. A good week.

i`ve had a new pair of metzler 6 day extreme tyres fitted :busted: new front wheel bearings going in too , as well as a new hot start cable on its way :banana:

I had my front suspension serviced; fork seals, new oil, seal savers and the suspension adjusted for me. Woot!

Mark

What sucked about the wheel bearings? Haven't done mine yet, any tips / tricks you learned?

Mark

One side just exploded with a light tap and left me with the outer race (rusty) stuck in the hub. Second hand bike...

I went to my gun repair tools and got the largest and newest punch I had. There was a hair of the race exposed beyond where it seats in the hub. The punch caught it and drove it out. Thankfully.

The factory bearings were not sealed. The aftermarket replacement was.

just replaced the brake light pressure switch, put the rear turn signals on, and went for a rip in the mud while raining!......:busted:

I went out for a ride, sunny and 7 degrees C here, took a pic.

CIMG9050.jpg

new tires:) Maxxis Rubber in front, and Dunlop d707 at the back, f;ushed radiator, and oil

Sweet looking bike. What do you have for frame guards?

JM they are Hyde guards here is the link:

http://www.hydedevelopments.co.za/

they make some cool stuff, and are obtainable globally, local company here in South Africa Make them:ride:

oh yeah and i fitted a white tail piece to complete the picture:)

I put on some new-old-stock MSR brushguards. You know, the gigantic ones old Husky riders swore by. It's getting cold and I swore this year I would not freeze my hands. The big nylon-esque windstoppers are so big my forearms stay warm! Ugly, yes. Priceless? Even moreso!

Got my motor rebuild/upgrade started.

Engines out of frame, teardown starts tomorrow

Finished setting up my 2009 as a street legal replacement for my drz400e.

wr001.jpg

wr003.jpg

wr004.jpg

Got my motor rebuild/upgrade started.

Engines out of frame, teardown starts tomorrow

Start a new thread WITH pictures :bonk:

Start a new thread WITH pictures :bonk:

Yeah I couldn't find my camera yesterday :bonk:

But I'll get some good pics and do a thread on the process.

Yeah I couldn't find my camera yesterday :bonk:

But I'll get some good pics and do a thread on the process.

Well hurry up so we dont hi-jack this thread! I do have some questions! :bonk:

Got my Ti rear shock spring in the mail off E-bay , puttin it on before the weekend . Getting our 1st good rain today O yeah its on !!

Got my Ti rear shock spring in the mail off E-bay , puttin it on before the weekend . Getting our 1st good rain today O yeah its on !!

hey pismo... when you put the spring on, you have to slide the bumper up to get the collar off to put the spring on.... took me a while to figure that one out.

I got one, actually it's a converted YZ, but the lights work low, high, and tail light, heated grips, and it came with this conveyor belt thingy.

PIC_0432.jpg

Is that the factory white plastics I see, need to get some of those and that tank so no one else can find it in the snow?

Finished setting up my 2009 as a street legal replacement for my drz400e.

wr001.jpg

wr003.jpg

wr004.jpg

Yes, factory YZF shrouds with Acerbis WRF front/rear fenders and an IMS tank. The headlight is from Baja Designs and came with the dualsport kit. It is the only piece that is slightly off on the color. Well, the IMS tank is also off as it is the clear color but the shrouds cover most of it. I bought the bike (barely used) with white plastics on it and decided to keep it white.