What did you do to your WR today?

Replaced my chain slider with a TM designs unit.When I pulled the bolts on my OEM slider the threads from the swingarms came out with the bolts :worthy:

They had been stripped on original install. So tapped them out to an M6 from M5, made a little modification to the slider mounts and all was golden :cheers:

Also replaced my dying plastic hot start nut with a billet Tokyo Mods one :banghead:

I should be getting my WR back in about a week or so. Then I have to run it in... Any ideas on that?

builder reckons run it for 2 hours in 30 minute intervals with 15-20minute cooling sessions in-between and then change the oil and oil filter?

Im itching for the dunes ... daayummm

Smashed up my left radiator, ripped the whole fender off and destroyed the stock plastic radiator fins and bent the left turn signal. Pictures tomorrow :cheers:

Had it towed in the rain on adobe (slippery like oiled snot) by a crazy Quad rider uphill at about 25MPH shooting mud all over me. I thought I was going to die. I managed to keep it up though. :banghead:

Also rebuilt the petcock at the OHV park before riding today.

Picked up my bike from Dave @ Smart Performance Inc. this morning.

Dave reworked the the FRT W/ Stage 4 / Springs frt & Rear / Magic Fluid and re-greased the linkage/swing arm. After 3hrs @ Hollister (left due to rain), I can honestly say WOW! Night and Day difference. Re World report to come after I get it in some familiar terrain.

Picked up my bike from Dave @ Smart Performance Inc. this morning.

Dave reworked the the FRT W/ Stage 4 / Springs frt & Rear / Magic Fluid and re-greased the linkage/swing arm. After 3hrs @ Hollister (left due to rain), I can honestly say WOW! Night and Day difference. Re World report to come after I get it in some familiar terrain.

I did my damage on Dinosaur Loop in the Renz.

Revalved and modified my shock to Smart Performance specs.

Buuuttt, tore the oring twice installing exchange piston so now I'm waiting on a new oring for final assembly :cheers:

Next the Phase 4 kit on the forks :banghead:

Since its 29 deg and raining... added a pair of ACERBIS Rally Pro II hand guards

p1020756q.jpg w640.png

p1020758.jpg w640.png

Looks Good, Nice addition. Bikes way too clean. I'm sure that will be fixed when the rain stops.

Just Gave it a clean and lubed up. Man I hate this weather To Cold/Wet to ride!

Photo-0459.jpg

Please, trust me when I tell you that there is no such thing as "too cold" or "too wet" to ride... i would have pics of this weekend but my camera battery froze and went dead... no fun.

Fitted PSP aluminium front disc guard, plastics switched back from white to Blue, and fitted PSP Radiatator braces:)

Replaced a torn valve cover gasket and changed the oil. Checked the valves...they are still in spec and haven't moved on the 07' from the factory....gotta love the Yamaha valve-train!

Not today, but very recently I had the suspension revalved by ESP, change oil and air filter. I have an '05 450 (bought it new) and except for getting stiffer springs, this is my first suspension revalve. Shouldn't have waited so long. What a difference!

Installed Smart Performance Phase 4 kit in forks :cheers:

First time revalving forks, not really that bad, and now that I've done it, almost easy.

DaveJ is great, always just a phone call away with any questions :moon:

Only problem is I can't test ride for another couple months with all the snow here :smirk:

piked up my brand new 09 wr450 today it will not stay in stock form for long my boddy and i are going to mess with it maby this weekend

paco

Acerbis Black front Fender

Put my repaired L radiator back on

Flushed the cooling system and replaced with Engine Ice

Yamaha black radiator shrouds

New DID 520VM chain

52 Tooth Ironman Sprocket

Got my blue beasty back yesterday.

Completely rebuild 06 model

new headlight, Vapor, levers and indicators.

Running 13-50

currently aboout 10 miles on the new motor.

P1230636Medium.jpg

pulled the front end apart on my 04, cleaned and inspected everything, greased head stem bearings, bled front brake.

Made a bracket at work to mount the vapor speedo.

Vapormtgbkt2.jpg

Vapormtgbkt1.jpg

Vapormtgonbike.jpg

Vapormtgonbike3.jpg

Edited by slygary
Made a bracket at work to mount the vapor speedo.

Vapormtgbkt2.jpg

Vapormtgbkt1.jpg

Vapormtgonbike.jpg

Vary nice :moon:

cimg1893i.jpg

Adjustable fuelscrew mounted

Jeting kit from FMF mounted

New engine oil

cleaned out the air-filter and oiled it up again