2006wr450f

What did you do to your WR today?

4,513 posts in this topic

Rode it with my daughter and my buddy and his son. Hit El Mirage about 630 and by noon it was over 100 so we loaded up, headed home and straight to the pool. Great day!

Looking forward to cleaning it and checking the valves and changing the oil this week or next weekend.

Went for my 1st test ride with a z-start Rekluse, "amazing" I went easy on it at 1st then once it felt like everything had seated in I went for it and did some technical hill climbs and it shined all the way up, just kick it up a gear and go for it. Then did a tight single track coarse we built and even where I usually stop for a off cambered switch back I rolled right around it. Highly recommend it.:)

ride #2... on my wr450 smartperformance suspension ...

reset preload on rear spring.. backed compression on front forks 6 clicks..

OMG

the harder you ride this thing the better it is.. it felt like it was part of me.. never had any struggles in any situation and VERY good at speed...It flat goes where you point it with no effort at all..

Installed Quick Shot II, R&D Remote Fuel Screw, Works connection Pro Perch with Hot Start, YZ Clutch Cable (required for new perch), replaced broken cable guides.

Raced in the canadian Enduro Championships BC round this weekend :)

Some epic riding and racing. The WR held up well as usual but my PMB endo on my YZ exhaust is pretty much toast now, barely held together for the weekend.

Here's some shots from the MX and Extreme special tests.

MX

apex097.jpg

apex094.jpg

apex2014.jpg

apex2020.jpg

And the Extreme test. It was Extreme and long, didn't think I could get my heart rate that high :lol:

apex154.jpg

apex135.jpg

apex140.jpg

apex2030.jpg

The wet tire pit from hell, I got stuck every time in that baby :banana:

apex159.jpg

On the weekend I installed a Trail Tech Stator, HiD X2 headlight, and a new switch for the works on my 06. I also installed a Magura Jack which was a right PITA to install.

j0ur.jpg

I droped the needle down a notch and took the beast out riding. Beat the snot out of both of us and came home washed up the WR and cleaned the chain and lubed.

As a side note I think I've found a great way to warm the chain prior to lube. No riding on the street where I live. I just rotate the chain under a heat gun. Works great about 3 times through and it's just right!

Added: Eunduro Eng. hand guards,Maxi rear tire w/ultra heavy duty tube,Tusk fork air bleeders,FX tank/shroud graphics(for vanity's sake),FMF stainless header.

Tomm: MSR fork seals

Added: Eunduro Eng. hand guards,Maxi rear tire w/ultra heavy duty tube,Tusk fork air bleeders,FX tank/shroud graphics(for vanity's sake),FMF stainless header.

Tomm: MSR fork seals

Watch out with those MSR fork seals. I've had 2 sets start leaking very quickly :smirk:

Pulled the carb for a thorough cleaning after it crapped out on me on Friday. It started fine,idled smoothly while warming up and ran fine for about a half mile and quit. Kicked over until it started and then it would just die refusing to start and then start momentarily and die again.

Steve

I took the stock muffler off to trade it for an FMF pipe. He bought a WR with a pipe and found it too loud. He was actually ready to trade his WR for a KLR 450 just to get the softer sound hehehe. Good thing I stopped by the dealer yesterday :smirk:

Cleaned and Re-oiled my Airfilter ~ B B B B B Boring!

Just caught up on the last 15 or so pages of this thread, and i have to say i still really like the look of the Steel Framed WR's. Not sure what it is about them. :smirk:

Pulled the carb for a thorough cleaning after it crapped out on me on Friday. It started fine,idled smoothly while warming up and ran fine for about a half mile and quit. Kicked over until it started and then it would just die refusing to start and then start momentarily and die again.

Steve

Sounds like an electrical problem, probably the coil, when they crap out they still work fine when they're cold but fail when hot, hence the starting and running fine initially then it refusing to start/run for any period of time again.

Sounds like an electrical problem, probably the coil, when they crap out they still work fine when they're cold but fail when hot, hence the starting and running fine initially then it refusing to start/run for any period of time again.

Thanks for the heads up.

Steve

On ride #3 on my WR after the smartperformance suspension redo....

going fast enough to tear stuff up now... my big toe on my rh foot feels about the same

Picture341.jpg