what handle bars?

I know i read about some higher bars for the 650. I am 6' 6'' and would like to get bars that are more comfortable when I stand. I could not find the thread to find out the names and what has worked for people.

Need help!

thanks

:prof: The bars can vary in size quite a bit between brands, here is some research I did a bit ago on CR high's ............

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524655&highlight=cr+double+high

These are Tag Double highs here (in link too) ...........

The hidden + in these is that even though they are 7/8 bars, they are a mm or so thicker then normal.

DSC04612.jpg

barend.jpg

anybody had trouble with cables being too short after adding higher bars and/or risers? i ordered a set of TAG double high bars and they should be here middle of next week, and I'm waiting to see if i'll still need risers. thanks

anybody had trouble with cables being too short after adding higher bars and/or risers? i ordered a set of TAG double high bars and they should be here middle of next week, and I'm waiting to see if i'll still need risers. thanks

No problem at all with the Tag DH. Where did you get yours, how much?

i got them from the local honda shop... i just got my bike about a month ago and went through the standard mods (smog kit, tail light, bash plate, clarke tank, handguards and barkbusters, mt-21s) and had ordered everything from various sources online... decided to try some taller bars before installing the barkbusters, so i went to the local shop (guy who did suspension rebuild on my DR and got me some nice shocks for my road bike), but he only had one set of bars and they were steel, and looked to be about the same rise as the stock bars... across the street from his shop is the honda dealership, so i went in there and the guy showed me a couple nice looking bars, but they were all too big in diameter, so then he showed me the catalog and we compared specs on the different cr high bars. tag and one other brand had some taller double high bars, so i went with the tags... and since this guy helped me out i wasn't about to go buy them online... plus he said they would be in within a couple days. he said that i may have trouble with the cables being too short or activating whatever they activate when the bars are turned all the way to the side. hopefully i won't need risers too... we'll see.