Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Looking for People to ride with in Portland Area

I'm new to Oregon and off road riding, have done roadracing for past 6 years and looking for some people to ride with in the Greater Portland area. Just bought my 1st dirt bike 2004 WR450, Thanks!

I'm going over to Sand Lake this weekend if you are interested in trying the dunes.

Sure, What day are you going, and where is Sand Lake located? Thanks

Send me a PM if you'd like to ride the coast range. I usually go for half days on the weekends or after 4pm weekdays.

I'm going today at 4pm if you're interested. Meeting some East Coast folks who are in from out of town, so it should be an easy ride.

Thanks,

Brandon

Sand Lake is just south of Tillamook. You would take HWY 6 from Portland to get there. You need a flag and an offroad permit if you don't have one. I'm free all weekend if you want to try it out. I go over for a couple hours every few weeks. You can see the whole place in an hour of riding but there are lots of hills and places to explore.

I'm new to Oregon and off road riding, have done roadracing for past 6 years and looking for some people to ride with in the Greater Portland area. Just bought my 1st dirt bike 2004 WR450, Thanks!

The closest public riding area is Jones Creek across the river in Washington (www.jonescreektrailriders.org). Gifford Pinchot is a great spot to ride and is about in it's prime right now for the year. Depending on where in the Portland metro area you live there are a couple other areas to ride. Tillamook and McCubbins Gulch are faily close. East Fort Rock and Millican are great but they are way out by Bend in Central Oregon. A couple of hours north you have Capitol Forest and a little more north you have Tahuya. I will be doing a work party at Jones Creek Sunday and next weekend I am camping & riding in teh Gifford Pinchot.

Joe..........

I'm in Portland too. I've Pm'd with Pincushion a couple of times and need to get together and get some riding in. I try to ride some nights after work, or on the weekends, early mornings. Always looking for new riders to go with so let's meet up and give it hell!! PM me if you're interested

matt

Gifford is on the NE side of Mt. St. Helens. A little far for a day trip from PDX, or at least for me it is.

I PM'd both of you guys to see if you want to ride next weekend. I'll tell my wife it's work related, so cover for me.

There is also Browns Camp which is very near Portland. I try and do a ride there 1-2 times a month. PM me if you want a riding partner. I am an intermediate rider, definitely not a hardcore racer. :) I am riding Browns Camp this weekend, probably Sunday.

~munkel

There is also Browns Camp which is very near Portland. I try and do a ride there 1-2 times a month. PM me if you want a riding partner. I am an intermediate rider, definitely not a hardcore racer. :) I am riding Browns Camp this weekend, probably Sunday.

~munkel

Luigic81 and I rode at Brown's Tuesday night after work in fact. We should all get together and do it again sometime. I'm out of town this weekend...wedding obligations....but I'm always up for riding. Shoot us a PM and we'll get something scheduled.:thumbsup:

Sign me up too. I head to the sand all the time but want to try out some local dirt.

Sign me up too. I head to the sand all the time but want to try out some local dirt.

Beautiful. It looks like we've got the makings of a decent sized ride here. The more the merrier gentlemen. How about we get something on the books for the 11th or 12th?? Let me know:ride:

Sounds good to me, I really liked going after work, there was almost no one there.

I'm out for the 11th and 12th, wifes parents are in town. But keep me in mind for another weekend. What time do y'all go on the weekdays? I doubt I could make it but it might be worth a try to get off work early.

Tuesday I left work normal time....around 5. Rode for about 2 hours.....

11th or 12th works for me too. I could be out there around 5:30 during the week but weekends are better.

Yea if we didn't get lost trying to find each other on Tuesday we probly could've rode for another 30-45 mins