Sign in to follow this  

2007 Yz250f

My local dealer is selling the 07 yz250f for 5800. That price includes taxes and all fees. It seems like a good price and it is a good 800 dollars cheaper then an 08. Is there anything that makes the 08 worth 800 dollars more?

-A redesigned piston bumps compression ratio from 12.5:1 to 13.5:1, further exploiting the inherent efficiency of the five-valve combustion chamber.

-Carburetion and ignition revisions complement the increased compression.

-Adjustment of gear backlash between clutch primary gears and balancer gears reduces mechanical noise.

-Changes to the clutch boss and primary driven gear improve clutch oiling for excellent durability.

-Matte black crankcase covers: light and cool-looking.

-Changes to the shape of the outer fork tubes and lower triple clamp, and revised fork internals, result in excellent handling, great damping and a smooth ride.

-Optimized linkage ratio provides a smoother ride and enhanced rear wheel traction.

-55mm stainless steel footpegs replace 45mm ones for great grip and comfort, and a new brake pedal eases operation.

-Grippy new Bridgestone knobbies front and rear.

Whether or not its worth the money is up to you. If you are serious about racing Id say go for the '08, if not, go with the '07.

thats a pretty good price. although i got mine at cost so i couldnt refuse. but if you have the dough go fro an '08.

i just bought mine this week, mine was a white one for 4990 out the door, thats tax title the whole works.

My local dealer is selling the 07 yz250f for 5800. That price includes taxes and all fees. It seems like a good price and it is a good 800 dollars cheaper then an 08. Is there anything that makes the 08 worth 800 dollars more?

This price is no bargain.

on ebay here in ohio they are selling some for 4399. i you live out of state you would be in good shape.

I just got back from the east bay here in ca. and they were going to sell me one today for $5500 otd. How does that sound? Little high?

in wytheville va, at mark4 honda i got mine 5600 otd back in january when these things had just came out

in would be looking for at the highest 5200-5400 now that 08's are out

where you at in VA? I just bought one for 5800 otd at star city poersports this week, i'm on there racer program, i did some checking and its really not a bad price for this area, send me a pm

i bought mine at 6499 otd beginning of 07 .. taking that into consideration i think any of those prices are a good deal... certainly anything under 5800

-

Whether or not its worth the money is up to you. If you are serious about racing Id say go for the '08, if not, go with the '07.

Whoa now! im plenty serious about racing and ride an 07 buddy!!:thumbsup:

i made the mistake of buying my 07 brand new (over a year ago) from the first place i looked. i paid pretty much retail for it. within the next month, i came across a cycle trader and there was a dealer ad selling it brand new for $1000 less than where i got mine :ride: that same dealer sold the 06 version brand new for like $4200. it wouldnt hurt to look around a little bit and maybe find an even better price.

as far as my 07. i love it. both bikes really need an aftermarket exhaust and the high comp piston is a plus, but its still oem quality.

If i could go back, i wouldve bought that 06 for $4200 vs. $6500 for the 07.

Whoa now! im plenty serious about racing and ride an 07 buddy!!:thumbsup:

i made the mistake of buying my 07 brand new (over a year ago) from the first place i looked. i paid pretty much retail for it. within the next month, i came across a cycle trader and there was a dealer ad selling it brand new for $1000 less than where i got mine :ride: that same dealer sold the 06 version brand new for like $4200. it wouldnt hurt to look around a little bit and maybe find an even better price.

as far as my 07. i love it. both bikes really need an aftermarket exhaust and the high comp piston is a plus, but its still oem quality.

If i could go back, i wouldve bought that 06 for $4200 vs. $6500 for the 07.

well, i guess my reply is pointless since im sure you have ur bike now that i replied 9 months later. haha.

I just got a white 08 for 6k OTD and saw a blue one go for 5700- I missed it and had to pay more for the white. I would think they could come of the price on the 07 more.

That's a heck of a deal on a brand new '07. IMHO, you'll have a hard time telling the difference between the '07 & '08. Get the '07 and spend some of the $800. on accessories (rad guards, skid plate, etc.) and gear.