Sign in to follow this  

TE 610 Charging

Been checking out the various threads on the 06 TE610 charging and I'm curious as to why my battery won't stay fully charged. There seems to be plenty of voltage going in "14v +" but the battery never seems to have enough reserve. Just wondering if these 06 models had a batch of bad batteries before I go out and buy a replacement. It's on the trickle charger when it's not being ridden.

I finally got my Leo V. slipon and it seems to have done it's job. Plenty of low end grunt and it plain-ass hauls the mail. I'm still playing with the jetting and hope it will work in Colorado in late August. The only complaint I had with the muffler is that they put the nameplate on the wrong side of the can. I emailed the US distributer and all should be well as soon as the replacement tag arrives.

Ride Safe,

Papple

I've heard of a couple people with 06's having problems with the battery holding charge. Unfortunately the batteries come to the dealers unassembled and un-tested, for the most part. Good luck!

My '06 battery seems to be hanging in there pretty well. I have had it on a charger when sitting for long periods but other than that it's been dependable - crossing fingers now.

Let us know how the jetting turns out - we've been pulling together a list of different set-ups and results here and on ADV.

I have a 07 TE610, the battery lost a cell early on (first 2 weeks) it wouldn't hold a charge/discharged quickly. Tasky's replaced the battery (N/C) and it was fine after that. Sounds like the battery, get it replaced, put on a battery tender, leave it plugged when not riding in and it will be good to go and the battery will last a long time. My 610 always sounded a bit strained when trying to spin the engine over, after the new battery, and 1500 miles, it turns over great and starts and works well.

Appreciate the feedback and now I'm wondering which battery to go with. I'm also kind of curious as to why my green light in the top left corner of the instrument cluster flashes on and off.

I would take it in to the dealer but the nearest one is 100 miles away. Thanks for all the great info.:prof: :prof: :prof:

Ride Safe,

P

Appreciate the feedback and now I'm wondering which battery to go with. I'm also kind of curious as to why my green light in the top left corner of the instrument cluster flashes on and off.

I would take it in to the dealer but the nearest one is 100 miles away. Thanks for all the great info.:prof: :prof: :prof:

Ride Safe,

P

The green light flashing could be caused by loose wire in the loom. The computer has a wiring harness and when you pull it out you should find the culprit. I couldn't get mine to stay as it really needs soldering, so I just left it out. It is only there to tell you the lights are on...Some guys have gone with Yuasa batteries I will look tonight for a part number and repost.

Dan

the upper left green light on my 06 te610 also flashes every few minutes - I have checked the wireing and it is fine. there is some type of design flaw because sooo many 610s have this little annoyance. I have seen people talk about this for over a year. BTW My bikes passing lamp did not work when I got it and when I checked that wire I saw that the passing light was not connected. Seem to be not a problem.

I'm also kind of curious as to why my green light in the top left corner of the instrument cluster flashes on and off.

Ride Safe,

P

I don't know either but mine has always done that as well and I have seen plenty of posts saying the same. Feature:crazy: ???

Yuasa YTZ-14S is the cure. Stock battery will fail on without warning. Also add a 1" thick foam pad under to provide a better suspension for the battery and protect the welds on the subframe from breaking off the tray.

YTZ14S.jpg