Sign in to follow this  

Announcement

I agree about the photographer.

Thanks to my overbearing Mother, what started out as a small backyard wedding turned into 2 ginormous tents, table rentals, chair rentals, table clothes, catering (well $6 per person Bandito Taco caterting lol), photography, wedding planner (which was actually the BEST money spent, she was awesome!) and real formal wedding. It wasn't what I wanted and I fought tooth and nail, actually called it all off the month before, but it ended up being a beautiful wedding and a lot of fun.

I LOVED my wedding shoes! The were red satin with a silver clippy thing. I actually wore them out on Saturday night.

Yay for pretty shoes! I want a blue dress (yeah, yeah, i know) and silver shoes/jewelry.

My mom is (so far, it's been only a couple days) not getting too bad yet. We shall see. She likes things done HER WAY but she's not as bad as she used to be. I think she's so glad I finally found a man, she'll do anything i want.

Oh and my step-aunt once ran a wedding planner business before going into real estate. I bet I can talk her into giving me a hand.

I'm thinking an EZ-up, some pizzas and a keg for the reception, lol. people can wear whatever they want.

We still haven't decided where and when, though.

Thanks for all the well-wishes, everyone!

Don't forget the bikes and Jeeps!!

Ah HA! She's crossed over from ADVrider. :cheers:

See you this weekend at WestFest?

-Megan

PS QUIT RUNNING INTO TREES!;)

I'll be there!

(And staying out of the trees' way, 4 weeks off the bike was WAY too long.)

I like the first bouquet. We went to a wedding a couple of years ago and the cake had flames all over it and was black and orange. Not into the Harley thing, but it was still one of the coolest wedding cakes I've seen. Even the bride and groom on top of the cake were on a bike.

I like the first one better, too.

I wasn't going to have orange as one of my colors, but then again, why the hell not?

thanks! Good guys DO exist, but the bumbleheads are usually hiding in corners, too chicken to talk to females. I had to stalk mine and pounce on him. after that he seemed pretty willing to go for this crazy.

I still want a beautiful, foofy dress, but the flowers and cake and decorations and blah blah blah won't be remembered in 10 years so I'm going to be a cheap ass on that stuff.

It CAN be done for fairly cheap. I think we spent only about $1000 on the reception. Had it at Pete's parent's property (free) and had food by COSTCO. It was still very nice.

Did a work/trade for the wedding cake. (free)

Got flowers wholesale in SF. That was pretty spendy though. (But a friend's WAY more wealthy mom paid extra for 'em.)

Pete's sister is a pretty amazing seamstress. She made my dress. ($100 on fabric) Or there are wholesale outfitters who can sell you something in the $100 to $500 range for a floofy dress. Or I've heard of places where you can rent a dress.

I think we didn't spend more that $2500 on the whole thing. Actually, my dad paid $1000; Pete's dad paid $1000 and we paid $500. So yeah, pretty cool for us!

Anyway, it should be an event. You just shouldn't go into crazy debt over it for the rest of your lives for one freaking day.

Well, I think I'll end up spending a little on the dress. I've thought about trying it myself, not sure my own skills are up there yet, but I will try out the muslin toile to see how it goes, and if it goes well tackle it with duchess satin or dupioni.

If you don't have to rent out a place, your way ahead. My cousin rented out the museum of contemporary art on the shore of La Jolla california. Hes down a lot of cash.

That would be AWESOME though! There's a new museum in Detroit here (MOCAD) thats pretty cool, but its not in the greatest part of town (is there any 'good' part of town in Detroit? lol) so I don't think I'd put my guests through that. The Walker in Minneapolis is awesome too...but if I'm having a destination wedding its either going to be Moab/some place to ride, or palm trees, sand, and sweet salty ocean air!

Help me out here, guys. I'm trying to figure out who posted THIS anonymous negative gas:

do you have to use rude names to describe people you disagree with?

About THIS post:

Betcha y'all never thought THIS would happen.

Kris proposed on Saturday!

We kissed for the first time at the top of a nearly 11,000 foot mountain at the top of a 4x4 trail that we particularly like. We returned there on Saturday, which is also the 2-year anniversary of the day we met.

Kris had already told me he planned to do this at some time, but I had no idea when or where. So it was still a huge surprise. He knows I like sapphires, so he found a beautiful sapphire and diamond ring.

I can’t describe how happy I am (we are). Kris is the most wonderful person I’ve ever met, and makes me want to try to be a better person too. He is honest, supportive, caring, and by far one of the most intelligent people I know. He is also pretty hot. :)

• Like 2

What a turd...maybe they were referring to a different post but just selected that one? Nothing ever stuck out in my mind of you talking sh*t about people.

box.gif

How can you see who left you the message for gas? Does it show a username somewhere or do you just have to write it in at the end of your message so they know who left it? I've left gas for people on occassion but I guess I didn't pay too much attention.

Uh oh...just realized I called the snitch who ratted on you a turd...c'mon buddy...bring it on chair.gif

What a turd...maybe they were referring to a different post but just selected that one? Nothing ever stuck out in my mind of you talking sh*t about people.

box.gif

Yeah, who knows. I've never claimed to have a huge fan club or anything. I never hesitate to argue or disagree but I don't often resort to "name calling." I can't claim complete innocence--not that anyone really can, that I know of.

How can you see who left you the message for gas? Does it show a username somewhere or do you just have to write it in at the end of your message so they know who left it? I've left gas for people on occassion but I guess I didn't pay too much attention.

Uh oh...just realized I called the snitch who ratted on you a turd...c'mon buddy...bring it on chair.gif

In your "My Account" page, beneath any subscriptions you may have, it should list the 5 or 6 most recent reputation points. Red is bad, green is good and gray is neutral though I'm not sure how that works. Maybe that's when you get negative gas from a new user or someone with very few reputation points of their own. That's where the comment--if they left one--will show, but it's completely anonymous. The admins are the only ones who can see who it was.

I knew how to see my reputation comments, just wasn't sure about the anonymity of it all...so I left u gas...in case you couldn't tell who it was lol.

chug.gif

The gas thing is pretty pointless IMHO. It has turned into a game for some people to try to pull other people's rep down or to bring their own up. Look at some people that have high rep and then look at the quality of their posts. Doesn't quite match up. It's pretty funny.

I got bombed awhile back and even dropped below the quarter tank mark because someone got a bug up their you know what and manipulated the system to give me crappy rep points. TT figured them out and removed their negatives though.

It's just not constant. I can't look at someone's rep and say "I bet they know what their talking about" or "Man, they must be a jerk". And the people that give negative feedback on stupid stuff are Tools. I'll give negative feedback for asinine comments that the author would have to be an idiot not to expect but not really that often.

• Like 1