MOAB - Current Active Numbers

Don't worry Bill, you won't be the only non-racer out there. I know for a fact there will be at least two of us :) .

Bill,

I will never leave a rider behind if he is lagging. I am sure this is unanimous amongst everyone. I have more fun riding my little Honda Z50, and that thing is brutally slow. The moral of that story is fun doesn't have to mean fast!

You will be fine. We are going as a team, and there are no i's in t-e-a-m.

Moab has riding for everybody. I'm working on a list of rides that includes fun intermediate rides too. No worries mate!

Bryan...

Bill Courtney & Mike in Silicone Valley,

I fully expect to earn the slowest rider award :) Hopefully, you will provide some competetion for me.

Brian

That brings up a good point. Make sure you bring plenty of your own beer. Moab is in Utah after all and therefore only serves 3:2 beer. They have some silly alcohol laws. They do have brew pubs but again it is 3:2 and it is bad! There is one state run liquor store in Moab where you can buy warm real beer at outrageous prices.

Also remember that it is illegal to transport alcohol across the state line into Utah. I seriously doubt you would get stopped unless you were speeding or wreckless. But keep that in mind.

------------------

Dougie, '99 WR400

Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

Brian,

Let's see who wins the beer chugging contest :) .

Sounds like a great time. I'll have to paint my DRZ blue. PLease confirm the dates ASAP and count me in. Any good camp grounds near Moab? I'm coming from prescott, AZ- about a seven hour drive.

No need to paint your DRZ Cab. Wear your yellow with pride. ScaryMyth, our fastest rider, has a DRZ and will be there too.

Lots of camping near Moab. Mostly free form.

Bryan...

Pizza good. Beer bad. YYYYUUUCCKKK! But that doesn't mean that I didn't drink it :)

------------------

Dougie, '99 WR400

Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

I'm in. Be coming from Phoenix, AZ.

Dougie, you didn't like the beer at Eddie McStiffs? I thought it was pretty good. That and the pizza!

Originally posted by Bill Courtney:

Dougie, you didn't like the beer at Eddie McStiffs? I thought it was pretty good.

I've had beer brewed in Phoenix :)

The Moab Brewery's a little better, but don't compare it to a fresh Fat Tire Ale :D

CAB:

Write off-line for camping ideas when you can get a map in front of you.

Jake

Jake, you've got a good point. I'm kind of partial to Fat tire myself. I guess the last time I had beer at EMac's was after a long mountain bike ride. I think anything cold would have taste great at that point. I hope everybody is not opposed to having a few after these rides.

Bill,

Count me in on a few. It is my way of celebrating a very enjoyable day with all my e-mail pen pals that share my love (lust?) for motorcycles!!

------------------

99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark.

AMA, NETRA

Moab bound for 2000, HOORAY!! Gonna be kicking some Moab Ass (Mule or Donkey?)!