What spark arrestor

Ok, so im going to the mountains for vacation and we're gonna go riding there. I usually ride desert- I have a cr85rb- and i still have the stock silencer. For forest riding a spark arrestor is required so now I have to get a new silencer w/ a spark arrestor. Do you guys have any suggestions on which one to get? Im looking at the pro circuit 296, the regular pro circuit silencer, the fmf turbine core 2, or the fmf Q. Any info will be appreciated:thumbsup:

also, do you guys have any information about what to rejet my carburetor to, Im going from sea level to about 5000 ft above sea level.

no i meant the nature friendly silencer-http://procircuit.rideshop.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=1_12_20_66

Im running stock jets right now, I havent messed with them since i got the bike:excuseme: Im going riding in Prescott, AZ and the elevation is anywhere from 5500 ft-7000 ft above sea level:thumbsup:

I've had good luck with the PC296. It's not particularly quiet, but no other complaints. The jetting chart in the manual was almost spot on for our '03 CR85 at 5,300 ft. I'd suggest you start there.

• Like 1

yes i have a sparky cobra on my fmf shorty pipe. it works pretty good but for 80 bucks. and its big and ugly and scratches the pipe up. it warped my plastic to, but it works so..

That's what I was afraid of. It's no biggy switching out the silencer though so it's probably better to go with a Turbine Core or Nature friendly spark arrester.

Thanks