Sign in to follow this  

Check out these decals!!

Hey guys bought some xr tank stickers of ebay for my kids bikes. They were more stock looking though, so I am not sure if it is the same seller. Great sticker for shrouds or side panles but NOT for the gas tank. I prepped the tank and applied the decals correctly and they bubbled up OVER NIGHT!!! Just my 2 cents worth.

Gas is always coming thru the plastic walls of the tank and NO decal will ever stay on without bubbling. I has nothing todo with the quality of the sticker in general !! (yaya, sure sure there might be better quality ones out there but..)

I ordered my tank SOCK from Bolivia thru EBAY and I got mine in the white variety, cause my plastics are all white.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200106709092&rd=1&rd=1

Gas is always coming thru the plastic walls of the tank and NO decal will ever stay on without bubbling. I has nothing todo with the quality of the sticker in general !! (yaya, sure sure there might be better quality ones out there but..)

I ordered my tank SOCK from Bolivia thru EBAY and I got mine in the white variety, cause my plastics are all white.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200106709092&rd=1&rd=1

Darn, and I just ordered some of the AtomicQuad stickers too...

Looks like I may have to pick up a tank bag if they don't stay on. Either way the XR400 will work great. :ride:

I'd be really interested to know what you think of the bag when you get it as that is the exact one I would order for my '98 XR400. Let me know.

Hey guys bought some xr tank stickers of ebay for my kids bikes. They were more stock looking though, so I am not sure if it is the same seller. Great sticker for shrouds or side panles but NOT for the gas tank. I prepped the tank and applied the decals correctly and they bubbled up OVER NIGHT!!! Just my 2 cents worth.

dang, that sucks :thumbsdn: .... could you post up some pics to see what they look like?

I hope I can get my side panels looking that good! That's the best looking "old" XR I've seen. I got some of those black cut to fit backgrounds for the sideplates... if you ever get rid of that thing or those side-panels, let me know!

PS. does anybody have tips on cleaning old plastic? I've already tried brillo pads and they work great to an extent; I've also heard fine grit sandpaper gets scratches out, but haven't tried it?

I hope I can get my side panels looking that good! That's the best looking "old" XR I've seen. I got some of those black cut to fit backgrounds for the sideplates... if you ever get rid of that thing or those side-panels, let me know!

PS. does anybody have tips on cleaning old plastic? I've already tried brillo pads and they work great to an extent; I've also heard fine grit sandpaper gets scratches out, but haven't tried it?

steel wool and acetone.

PC Racing makes a product called "Plastic Renew" though I have not tried it. And yes the bike sits inside my house, I am ghetto like that. Or the fact that I just have a carport! LOL. Thanks for the comments!