CR or RM?

I am kinda having 2 stroke withdrawals, so I decided that I'm gonna buy another 2 stroke. I am currently looking at CR250s and RM250s, but I can't decide on which one to get?

What are the pros and cons of both?

I haven't ridden the rm, but all the mags say the yz is best. When I rode my buddies yz and my cr back to back in stock form I was pissed! The cr had no bottom end, but a lot of mid and top. The yz had it all. Now minus jetting I love my cr and will keep it for a couple of years, but will by a yz for sure next time. Both are 05's.

ok ill have 2 look into the YZ

im probably gonna go sit on all of em and see which one i like best.

i love how my CRF250 feels so ill probably like the CR best, but who knows maybe i'll like the yami even more

Cr's are great bikes for sure, but it takes money to get them where you want them. If you're willing to spend the extra money buy the cr, if not get the yz or even the rm. I will say I think the cr has a slight edge on handling.

The post 02 Cr's seem to have loose nuts on the seats. (the riders) I own an 02 cr 250 and it rocks. Great handling and explosive power. I think that the complainers are trail plonkers who lug their bikes too much or can't hang on to 46 hp. I had to adapt to it and use precise throttle control, but it has great rewards. I previously had an 04 yz 450 and I like the CR a lot more.

kinda weird how the honda guys say the yamahas r better and the yamaha guy says the honda is better?

im true 2 my hondas so i think im gonna get the CR

which pipe would be best for it, the Pro Circuit Platinum or the Platinum 2?

And which silencer, the Pro Circuit shorty or the Factory 304? Or should I get a FMF Fatty with a Shorty silencer?

kinda weird how the honda guys say the yamahas r better and the yamaha guy says the honda is better?

im true 2 my hondas so i think im gonna get the CR

which pipe would be best for it, the Pro Circuit Platinum or the Platinum 2?

And which silencer, the Pro Circuit shorty or the Factory 304? Or should I get a FMF Fatty with a Shorty silencer?

I love my CR.

Not to sound like a broken record but in my humble opinion the best thing a guy can do is, first thing order a JD Jetting kit. Then go from there.

Most say that the stock pipe with a shorter silencer is best. I still have the stock system on my CR. JD kit is in and runs alot cleaner. Bike was way to rich from factory and fouled the plug. I put a new plug in with the JD kit and have not fouled one yet. ?

I've got an 06 Cr250 with Pro-Circuit porting and suspension, stock pipe and shorty silencer, I'm a bit biased, but I've had no problems with performance against ANY other bikes in the vet expert class locally. I've tried the 450 but I have way more fun on the CR. Get the Honda, the potential is there:thumbsup: