Sign in to follow this  

What do you think of the Pitster X4R?

Considering buying one as an extra midsize bike, and slapping a 124SE complete engine in it to do some racing. Anyone have good luck with them?

Anyone race them?

Are they REALLY shivers?

How's the shock?

Is the frame very strong?

Would like feedback, might get one this week.

Some guys at my local track had just got them.

They were riding them around completly stock and they seemed to ride great.

They were quite big guys too, 6 ft id say and the bike held out great even when they landed short on a jump.

I wanna get the x4 so bad but i dont have the money:cry:

Just bought one....Some will tell you that they aren't real shivers, others will tell you that they are....most of the time, the ones talking down on them are the people that can't afford to put them on their bike...but that is just my opinion....

I have upgraded to the 1000 lb. shock on the rear, it handles and rides excellent. The frame seems to be as sturdy as any, but I haven't owned it long enough to see what kind of abuse that it will stand up to. But I'm very confident that it will stand up and outlast any abuse that I can give it.

Pitster is a company that has done their homework, and because of that, they are confident and back their product.

That is the only information that I can honestly give you now. Hope it helps.

Well good to hear positive feedback.

So the forks seem to work like Shivers then? That's amazing...

Sturdiness is a big deal. I don't plan on using this as a backyard bike, I plan on racing the pro class on this thing. I have the engine, just need the rest. :ride: Almost bought the BBR Midsize Pro..... but dang, $5600 is just hard to swallow considering I have 2 other pitbikes to take care of as well.

rideblue07- where do u plan on racing the pit bike? any mini tours you kno about? all i kno is the Mini of Madness east coast tour. top few in the points at the end get free sign ups and hotel for the las vegas mini race.. im planning to hit this tour up with full fashion... just havnt decided what bike to buy yet..

i think that bbr midsize pro i seen in motocross action.. i think they did a article about it.. hmm ill have to research that bike more

A x4r has real shivers , mine shipped straight from italy . They also come with .50 springs, the heaviest available. If u run pro class u need the 1000k spring with the blue block. If u ride it with the 800 or 900 spring you will blow a shock seal,guaranteed. That motor in a x4r is a lethal combination and i know 1st hand ,cause my buddies is set up that way. That motor wont override the bikes capabilities , which is rare if anyones ever rode a china bike with a 124se. Clev u need any help pm me , i have a few x4rs , x3rs, and x2rs and all the experience that comes with owning them over the past few years

sombody fill me in for the abreveations for these bikes... mabe that isnt the right word for it. the x4r is ? who makes it?. . . and im hearing all these other abrev. for bikes... i dont mean abrv. but cant seem to find the right word for it... i kno wut u mean tho. like yamaha= yz. honda=cr ... plz help -.-

these are pitster pro pitbikes, x4r is the model, shivers are top of the line marzoochi forks:ride:

Yeah, I have many engines, very few chassis.

So sounds like it might be a good buy. Heck, for that price, I could even buy two!

I'll let you guys know if I jump on it. Don't be afraid of posting anymore comments though!

I just got back from the mini track yesturday and i absolutly love my x4, more fun than big bikes, i could easilly clear doubles and such with it!

yeah just went onto there website and found that out.. thx tho

no problem:thumbsup:

Thanks for the feed back guys!!! We are working to get the site www.pitsterpro.com re-worked to give you more info and better pictures news etc.. also look for our aftermarket engine parts online at gpxmoto.com

Thanks guys,

www.pitsterpro.com

866-686-7869

I got the X4, I'm not a pro by any means but I jump it and take it to the track It does pretty good, I just upgraded the motor with a Monster head tb300 cAM and a tb146 kit, mine has the DGR froks they work great I did change the oil to 20wt b ut my rear spring is stock bike handles awesome, it was a smart buy

DSC00483.jpg

nice looking bike!!

Hell yeah it is! I'm trying not to look at it with 'buy me' eyes. :crazy::ride:

A x4r has real shivers , mine shipped straight from italy . They also come with .50 springs, the heaviest available. If u run pro class u need the 1000k spring with the blue block. If u ride it with the 800 or 900 spring you will blow a shock seal,guaranteed. That motor in a x4r is a lethal combination and i know 1st hand ,cause my buddies is set up that way. That motor wont override the bikes capabilities , which is rare if anyones ever rode a china bike with a 124se. Clev u need any help pm me , i have a few x4rs , x3rs, and x2rs and all the experience that comes with owning them over the past few years

Right on....I appreciate it:thumbsup: