YZ number plate

Hey guys,

Finally recv'd the YZ tank mounted it with the YZ seat of course. Took Mcarps advise on the Guts racing gripper with soft foam and base from IMS. Lights removed, waiting on YZ rear fender. Odometer removed and purchased wheel spacer from Flat Land racing (yet to be installed, have Dart league tonight) and also waiting to install Acerbis rally pro's.

Can't wait to try the new seat tank combo for turns in the trails and such.

Also purchased a YZ number plate.

Question (and I know WRJay has the # plate)

1. The pins on the bottom of the plate seem to mount where the headlight bracket was but are too big for the holes. I'm weary of shaving the pins down as they might be too skinny afterwards and break. Did you drill out the holes on the headclamp? I could always retap and use bigger screws if going on a night ride?

2. on the top of the number plate there are a couple of holes that look like they should mount to something? Are there extra parts I need for this?

3. I'm running a WR400 Fastline front brakeline (awesome stopping power btw). The clamp mounted to the top of the forks which the brake cable runs through, interferes with the plate, what did you do with it.

Any info of course would be deeply appreciated.

Btw Clark I was tossed with the idea of the Big Gun but am going for the Power Bomb with the Stroker so I may hit you up for some jetting specs,

Thanks for all the other help you all have given me,

Kyle

Hey Kyle:

I cut the plastic "posts" off of the number plate and drilled holes where they were.

I then screwed a bolt in from the bottom of the triple clamp (head light mount) sticking up to poke thru the hole I put in the number plate mounts.

This allows me to switch to the headlight bracket (using nuts on the bolts that stick up into the number plate mounts) without too much trouble.

The triple clamp is not perfectly flat on the bottom side, so I am in the process of machining some pieces that will thread in from the top and do the same thing.

For the upper plate mount, I just made a bracket out of aluminium sheet that goes between the odo mount and number plate.

Hope this was of some help.

Heywood

I also am running the number plate, that the pins were to large. I took my cordless drill and turned the chuck down to the pins size I wanted and ran it over the outside. It turned them down perfectly. I also had to make a angled bracket to mount the plate at the top. Two holes in a piece of thin aluminum. This way I only have one bolt holding it on for easy removal and less weight (no extra nuts and bolts).

Bill

------------------

86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.