one day ... farthest pull

random rants about motors has EVERYTHING to do with motorcycles...town hall is all about

pro or anti glen beck

pro or anti jesus

pro or anti guns

pro or anti Pelosi

I love what someone can do with a cad design and some thought.

Add a 3d printer and there is your prototype.

SO a woman singing a song called "Only Girl", a link to a page about a giant rubber duck in the Hong Kong harbor and another link to someone playing a guitar has everything to do with motorcycles???

Edited by motoxvet

Man this is really awesome you should make it so it can be used daily

The horses did not give advice...

I'd certainly hope not.

because at higher speeds the propeller is more efficient. Its efficiency according to the speed increases up to the third power in the dependency ..

How is a propeller at higher speeds more efficient? Air compresses even more at higher pressure. I used to know the formula for calculating slippage. That was a few years ago but I remember the efficiency for a engine driven prop being surprisingly low.

Hard to follow your translation but it looks like it has the disadvantages of the Wankel with none of the advantages.

what kind of disadvantages does wankel have, besides being a bit of a gas guzzler?

I'm not really understanding this thread. :excuseme:

I'm sure the next few posts will fully and completely explain everything....NOT.

:confused: :confused: :confused: Or instead of all that thinking of the next innovation, (back to bikes...) you could just throw a purple power band in a 85 and beat bored 450's....who needs all this technical talk? Also, don't forget to install muffler bearing for that added torque, and change the air in your tires in case it's expired... :prof:

Before you thank me for the help, I'll just say it first....Your welcome.

Edited by 103honda
  • Like 1

To the original heading question: What is your longest pull in one day... And since this is the general dirt bike forum and not the "playing with solid works" forum, then I will say my longest dirt bike ride in one day is 63 miles of tight windy technical singlec track. What a day made in heaven.

And OP, lay off the drugs and learn some English.

Here provides Excell tables to calculate the curves of internal venturi nozzle. The internal venturi nozzle have the advantage that the turbine blades are placed at a maximum radius in the nozzle, which gives a lot more torque. Also the number of blades is much larger, although their height, in this example, 570 mm, not greater than 12 mm .. But it can be done with plywood modeling ..

http://www.new4strok.../Inner570mm.zip

Venturiinner.jpg

Andrew

Such an old goat do you want to learn?

I'm only 62 years ...

in another forum:

You know what Tony, the all "innovations" are so unsuccessful and, many of them with no rules, I do not know if this one does not stand still and disseminate the failed "innovation" ..

This is "successful" Innovations

Red Baron windmill ...

Here's a side profile of my prototype. Has a one advantage, it is super durable, like a pyramid, and you can not see that something was moving in

airfoil2.jpg

Oh, and as well think of it and human powered aircraft, even without the additional jet can fly alone is enough that he will be the lifting wing basically like my profile ...

Andrew :ride:

On another forum

I think there may be a way of getting around Betz' Law - as least to some extent. I should point out that what I am suggesting is not a plan to build a practical wind turbine - just a theoretical idea for capturing a greater percentage of the energy of a fixed cross-sectional area of wind than that allowed by Betz.

The idea simply is that (as I interpret the Law) Betz' Law applies only to a single stage turbine. If a series of turbines were placed in a duct similar to that shown in the first drawing of the Wiki article on Betz' Law - the duct expanding in area after each turbine to allow for the reduced velocity of the wind. The 40% of energy that gets past the first turbine has 60% captured, the 24% that gets past the second turbine has 60% captured by the third turbine and so on. Each turbine obeys Betz but overall the energy gathered is greater than that allowed by Betz and his bloody Law.

There often seems to be a way to get around the various basic laws of the universe (at least to some extent) without actually contradicting the laws. The point I am trying to make that it is not always a totally hopeless case to attempt something like Feliks is trying to do (but his idea won't work).

Did somebody else on this forum suggest this basic idea - or did I hallucinate it?

I think that you gave a very good another example, the Betz "law "should be related but very skeptical. And it's a practice that we may work better for our imagination ... I can not but agree with the fact that my idea does not work. The images shown by me wings with a small fan, is the prototype shown in the "straight" Venturi nozzle. I assure you that with the right wind speed is very small fan rotates very quickly. Had he been exposed to the same wind without the help of the "straight" venturi nozzle, would not even be able to slowly rotate, because the relatively low wind, so little fan is not able to produce enough energy to overcome their resistance to motion. I have given, on which the profile is built, this "venturi nozzle straightened" so anyone can repeat the experience and see for yourself if it works. I was convinced and that is why I shared this information. Windmill used in the prototype rotor has a diameter of just 35 mm, the hub of which is as much as 19 mm in diameter. Even though it is "crippled" by a shoulder, shook actually fast. And he was inside the car, where the wind was not blowing at all ... Blowing in the wind wings creates a high vacuum. precisely because of this vacuum planes are flying, though is heavier than air a I are exactly the same negative pressure arising wing uses negative pressure not to fly, but to produce energy. And everyone knows that the negative pressure is created on the wing as it blows in the wind, so that so far only been used for flying plane, and will now also for the production of energy from wind. And there is no argument that it is "not working" because everyone can see that the plane is flying and a windmill, affixing to it as a vacuum cleaner, also rotates .. So a combination of both of these facts is possible, and certainly works. And there are no hallucinations. A "right" Betz who wants to talk about energy bypassing the mass, one has to such a process of its formation nohow ...

I greet those who are not afraid to have an open mind. :wave:

Andrew

WARNING I get the administrator that promote: free energy. "It is of course not true, because such activities do not have anything in common. Distinction" free energy "from Science, affinity to be bright, and the one who, it believes it is" free energy "should draw some knowledge of scientific studies and not rumors. Unless we believe and continue despite warnings will claim that the plane years with" free energy ". Certainly also will consider the video below this ball flies up behind" using the free energy ".... :rant:

QUOTE (gruntguru @ Jun 19 2013, 05:22)

Feliks?

/QUOTE

Ok, Ok I am! I have yet to sleep and eat and earn money for the food ;)

Here I present my video for "" erected "venturi nozzle. Clipping wings on the wind blows made ??by an electric fan. Organic glass tube is placed in the side and has a length of about 70 cm. Inserting ball has a diameter of about 60 mm.

Clearly quite briskly that "climbing" up the hill .... For someone standing next to, who does not understand the processes involved, it looks like work "antigravity".

I can see that once we get quite a lot of Newton's potential energy, which can then be easily converted into electrical energy.

Really to receive this energy works only with 10 cm lengths of the wing, near the tube .... I swapped in this prototype is a pipe along the side of the slot, and uses its entire length to obtain energy.

I think that the grained of efficiency you need to develop a new airplane wing profiles.

The name of the families of these new profiles may sound NACA FELIX :rolleyes:

Andrew :ride:

Title says it all!  Lets hear it no shame guys and girls?  How far have you driven for a one day fix of moto or offroad? 

Im considering driving about 6.5 hours tomorrow to ride one day and turn around and come back.  I'd stay over except its supposed to snow sat and not trying to be 350 miles from home in the snow with work the next day. 

Am I nuts or will you guys make me seem more normal? 

I drive about 3 hours to the three "local" tracks in my area here....when I was in Colorado Greeley was about 4 hours and Pueblo was 5ish...each way....depending on how fast I drove. It sucks that there is nothing closer here.

Edited by OldMechanik

On 12/12/2013 at 11:21 PM, OldMechanik said:

The matter develops, both interspersed as external shapes can change, for better operation .. because, of course, each of us was making models of airplanes in youth, and sometimes the first ones did not want to lash out. Only then, having some experience, their flying was satisfactory .. Here we have exactly the same matter, it must be well and with experience to make it work well.

wingspeed.jpg.7c6bfdd4e6ffa97ffbd7f5e310efb1db.jpg

and we can, just as it is in the aircraft wing, use slots and flaps, to change efficiency ...

These in the Formula 1 cars, however, the wings that can be modified with such slots and flaps, so that they will work well with less speed, I think that it would be very useful for Williams  

And finally, we have good access to this NASA CALCULATOR for flight profiles. No Java pieces are needed.

Well, you can see that there is a place on the air profile, where the speed of the air is 3 times higher than the speed of the general .. but this is only on a small part of the profile .. But there would be set turbine ..

here a link to this calculator and you can start learning aerodynamics yourself ... before the university is formed in this direction of aerodynamic energy.                                                             https://www.grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/airplane/foil3.html