rc, clutch hand?

i was looking at my friends myspace, and in his background i noticed rc uses his middle finger on the clutch

dirtbike.jpg

heres a image from google

RC%2007.jpg

am i the first one to notice this?? or has everybody known about it for years? lol it just seems strange, but hey it works for rc doesnt it? lol

I saw it early and tried it for myself. After a short time i got used to it and now i like it because i have more grip with less force and the middle finger is also stronger. On the other side i tried it at the brake lever also, but like RC it is not working there. To less feeling at the brake lever with the middle finger.

Martin

Don't know if I am off the mark here but I guess that it started in the minis when he was so small that he could hardly pull the clutch in and needed the extra reach of the middle finger.

i was looking at my friends myspace, and in his background i noticed rc uses his middle finger on the clutch

dirtbike.jpg

heres a image from google

RC%2007.jpg

am i the first one to notice this?? or has everybody known about it for years? lol it just seems strange, but hey it works for rc doesnt it? lol

LOL using the middle finger is nothing new, ive been using mine for about 20 yrs or more, for using my clutch and letting some people know what I think about them...?

LOL using the middle finger is nothing new, ive been using mine for about 20 yrs or more, for using my clutch and letting some people know what I think about them...?

I agree. Lots of pros use their middle finger. It's not exactly a ground breaking development.

somewhere in the back of my mind i remember reading an interview a long time ago where he was asked about using his middle finger and he said something along the lines of his index got broken and that's why he started using his middle finger

thats how i do it, also. if u race moto, u really need 2 have a finger on the clutch at all times. my middle finger is the strongest and works better for me than using the index finger.

hahah not to get off topic here but your avtar is effing hailarious

and yes lots of ppl use their middle finger it's a good way to keep all the stong ones on the bar man maintain good grip i only did it cause i saw rc doin it and ive gotten use to it and do it all the time:ride: