Aluminum frame cleaning

Hey all

Somehow my frame has gotten what looks to be a water stain running down the right side of the frame in front of the airbox ...I dont think thats what it is but thats what it looks like, I dont really use chemicals to clean it but if/when I do I get em off quick and dont wash it in the sun, is there any type of metal/aluminum cleaner out there that will clean this?

Thanks!

Rune

try a product from wal mart..its called scratch out..i use it allllllll the time on my cars and frame..whenever you have a scratch that hasn't removed to the paint..use it! this stuff is amazing!! my car gets berry stains from a tree..and this stuff takes it out like nothing! its bascially a car wax...but it works miracles! try it on your frame and see if it goes away..

0000 steel wool? :eek: I've been using the 00 and had good results myself. A scotchbrite sponge and some metal polish also helps (blue magic), I've also used orange glo hand cleaner on a scotch brite pad. I'd like to go nuts on the frame and sand it down smooth this winter- I HATE that textured finish!

0000 steel wool? :eek: I've been using the 00 and had good results myself. A scotchbrite sponge and some metal polish also helps (blue magic), I've also used orange glo hand cleaner on a scotch brite pad. I'd like to go nuts on the frame and sand it down smooth this winter- I HATE that textured finish!

i just went with 0000 cause i didn't want to scratch the frame. it works so i just stuck with it.

Right on,

Thanks for all the replies...

I think I'll try the steel wool, I have loads of it in my garage for cleaning gasket material off engines, I also think I'll pick some of that stuff from walmart, I got the berry tree out front...drives me F...ing NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is dropping like a thousand a day right now, Thanks to everyone,

Rune

I used multiple grades of sandpaper and then some mothers aluminum polish. Bling Bling. It does scratch easily again but it will only take 5 mins to buff her back to a shiny mirror like finish. Went to the track two weeks ago and got a lot of compliments.

I think the water stain is from letting the water sit on the frame too long. When I wash my WR I spray it down with simple green, hose it off and then blow the water off with a shop vac. No water stains even washing it in direct sunlight ?

I like the dirty look......so no frame cleaning for me:p ?

Yea, it's fun to pull into the pits with a dirty bike, and just spout off BS like "I just came from Budds Creek racing in the AMA pro-am-vet national series" The gullable young kids fall for it every time.... and then all of a sudden you're GOD in the pits.....

Yea, it's fun to pull into the pits with a dirty bike, and just spout off BS like "I just came from Budds Creek racing in the AMA pro-am-vet national series" The gullable young kids fall for it every time.... and then all of a sudden you're GOD in the pits.....

amen:thumbsup: