Getting back on bike... thinking Bartow.

Hey all,

As some of you may remember, I had a pretty nice little get-off at Bartow several months back and managed to break some ribs, rebreak a surgically repaired and titanium plated collar bone (which was fixed not but a year prior) as well as a chip in my right hand. The shoulder still isn't 100% healthy but I don't think it ever will be.

I've not ridden since that accident and am starting to itch to get back on and was curious to see how Bartow has turned out. Have they got it back up to full size yet? I was just at their site and noticed that the hours have changed and they are still not allowing quads over 100cc but they don't mention what they track is like.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Bartow is pretty sweet. It's full size.. but not the original layout from a year ago. Dave built a nice new triple. I'll probably head out there on Saturday or Sunday. Welcome back!

Bartow is pretty sweet. It's full size.. but not the original layout from a year ago. Dave built a nice new triple. I'll probably head out there on Saturday or Sunday. Welcome back!

Excellent! I was ready for a change in track layout but was really missing the full size. Not sure if I'll make it out this weekend or not. I have some bike prep to take care of. I was teetering on giving it up so I hadn't even touched the bike till this past weekend. She started on the 4th kick!!! She must be trying to tell me somthing. :ride: That first day back is going suck though. I'm terribly outta shape!

If I do end up going, it will more than likely be Sun. If you do go, let me know which day.

Xerces,

Good to see you coming back. The track has been expanded since you were gone, I think. The section you got hurt on is still there but has been refined. Just take it easy, it just fun to ride after having to sit out for an injury. It's also a good time to go back to basics and work on form and technique.

Marty

Xerces,

Good to see you coming back. The track has been expanded since you were gone, I think. The section you got hurt on is still there but has been refined. Just take it easy, it just fun to ride after having to sit out for an injury. It's also a good time to go back to basics and work on form and technique.

Hey Marty! It will be nice to get back on the bike again. I was never that great but it is something I do enjoy. My only goal the first time out is to stay on the bike and have fun... anything over that is just icing on the cake. Hell, I'll probably end up hangin' with the beginer class for the first few just so I can get my legs back under me. Then maybe I can be a back marker for the C Group! :thumbsup:

Glad to hear your feeling good enough to ride again.

I'l be there on sunday, parked at the same place as usual.

if you all will be there on sunday, i guess maybe i'll do that too.. and then i can slack on cleaning my air filter for one more day haha :lol:

little red pickup, big red 450, numero 77

Hey guys, won't be there tomorrow but I am definitely planning a Bartow trip next Sat or Sun.

8/4/07 My brother Jordan at Bartow MX. The heat index was 105 that day, hot enough to mess up my camera tape. I was able to somewhat make something out of it.

:thumbsup:

8/4/07 My brother Jordan at Bartow MX. The heat index was 105 that day, hot enough to mess up my camera tape. I was able to somewhat make something out of it.

Nice vid! Wouldn't have thought to put Jazz to an MX video. Definitely different. :thumbsup:

Tracks definitely changed since I last went. Looks like an interesting layout. Thanks for sharing.

So, anyone headed out this weekend?

So, anyone headed out this weekend?

I'll be at Bartow on Saturday.

<----- Black Titan

I'll be at Bartow on Saturday.

<----- Black Titan

Sweet! Hoping I can make it out. They open at 10 now vs. 9 right?

Oh, and I've upgraded to an 07 Salsa Red Tundra.

Sweet! Hoping I can make it out. They open at 10 now vs. 9 right?

Oh, and I've upgraded to an 07 Salsa Red Tundra.

10 is what their website says, but last time I got there at 9:45 and they were already riding, so I plan to be there by 10.

i would have went but i was lookin at my sprockets today and im missing 2 teeth on my front one... thats just great... ill be there next weekend prolly

10 is what their website says, but last time I got there at 9:45 and they were already riding, so I plan to be there by 10.

Unfortunately, some work related issues came up and I'm gonna have to work this weekend. Deadlines and design flaws have a tendancy to override fun! :(

Good news is that my new TLD GP Air gear should be here on Tues to help cool things down for me.