modification for xtreme cr107

well, even though i don't have any money to spend i would like to know some basic upgrades to buy to enhance my riding experience. i don't want to spend a fortune though, so these should either be essential or cheap. i am 15 years old, 5' 10" 140 lbs. as of now the bike fits me comfortably other than the off center stance. i will have even more room when i install my extended frame. i am looking to do mostly trail riding, and would like to keep up with the pack, this means i would like to average 50-55 comfortably if possible without sacrificing too much torque. also feel free to post some appearance parts, I'm looking to make this bike all blue to match my helmet, what i mean by all blue is everything that can be bought anodized blue and plastics. thanks for any suggestions or help, a link or the part name and price would be helpful.

Staggs shock

Blue gas cap

up one tooth in the front sprocket

Blue pegs

billet blue throttle

blue plastice, and one industry or red barron graphics

ASV throttle clamp

Check out outlaw's site for most of these parts, and type the rest in on google to find a store. Its real easy.

55 Mph?

Good luck getting your pitbike to hit 55mph..... let alone on trails!

With the suspension that comes stock on most chinese pitbikes, and the known metalurgy issues, I'd suggest spending a few extra bucks on the best helmet you can find.

This is not a slam against your bike. I don't know anything about your bike. Just general observation about pit bikes.

well im getting stags rear suspension, and a heavy duty frame, that should keep the bike together, then for starters im getting a hp cam, high compression piston, oil cooler, high output spark, sprocket change, bigger wheels (does that increase or decrease speed?) maybe bigger carb, removal of eletric starter, where would that put me at, because next year im buying a 117 bore kit, possibly 160

well im getting stags rear suspension, and a heavy duty frame, that should keep the bike together, then for starters im getting a hp cam, high compression piston, oil cooler, high output spark, sprocket change, bigger wheels (does that increase or decrease speed?) maybe bigger carb, removal of eletric starter, where would that put me at, because next year im buying a 117 bore kit, possibly 160

An Xtreme Stage 2 frame will be you best bet, call them and they'll hook you up with an upgrade. And to remedy the off-center pegs, I have a CR2 and the best mod I ever did was installing an Xtreme peg bar mount, you loose your kick stand, but you can actaully stand up on the bike. There are quite a few DIY mods that you can do to the 107 very cheap to improve the bikes overall performance. Guy Cooper knows all the tricks for this little jewel.

well lucky for me my bike came with the stage 2 frame, im having that installed sunday along with 12'' wheels. as for the peg mount i would have to see how much i would miss my kickstand, because i use that alot. could you give me a way to contact guy

cooper?

i do belive the cr 107 runs 13t front sprocket, and 37t rear if i want more speed should i go for 14t and 36t, how much more mph would this give me, im not worried about horrible acceleration, this bike already reaches top speed in 15 seconds or less

+7 mph.

oh wow thats pretty good, what ill end up doing is buying a range of sizes and expriement, how much would 15t and 35t affect the acceleration of the bike, and could it even pull that ratio?

If it's a trail bike you should worry about suspension first. Even with the stock engine and gearing you will be overwhelming your stock suspension in the trails.

After upgrading your suspenion then you can worry about making more torque. Remember that a longer stroke yields more torque than a shorter stroke so you may want to look into a stroker crank down the road.

ya my forks are really stiff and i havent messed with them, and i am buying a staggs rear shock. i am not worried about torque the bike has plenty, i just want a touch more speed

ya my forks are really stiff and i havent messed with them, and i am buying a staggs rear shock. i am not worried about torque the bike has plenty, i just want a touch more speed

look on ebay i saw a few ssr inverted forks for cheap:thumbsup:

oh cool thanks, as soon as i get the money ill have to pick em up, my list is tires, oil cooler, then suspension but i will have some cash soon

oh cool thanks, as soon as i get the money ill have to pick em up, my list is tires, oil cooler, then suspension but i will have some cash soon

:thumbsup:

there is only one thing i dont like about pit bikes.theres so many damn parts you go crazy trying to keep track of it all, and trying to decide what is more important

there is only one thing i dont like about pit bikes.theres so many damn parts you go crazy trying to keep track of it all, and trying to decide what is more important

lol i no wat u mean haha

went for a ride on some rough trails i got more of an idea of what i need suspension,it was very rough, the frame and bigger wheels will help alot, and i just need some forks and a shock, i am pretty unexpierienced with clutches and dirtbike riding style, the front brakes were really strong and the front wheel washed out on me a couple times, rear brakes are a little week so that needs to be fixed too.

went for a ride on some rough trails i got more of an idea of what i need suspension,it was very rough, the frame and bigger wheels will help alot, and i just need some forks and a shock, i am pretty unexpierienced with clutches and dirtbike riding style, the front brakes were really strong and the front wheel washed out on me a couple times, rear brakes are a little week so that needs to be fixed too.

u should put a disc in the back:thumbsup: